OT - Lauren - Email problem

Old October 17th 03, 06:54 PM
Liz

Default OT - Lauren - Email problem

Lauren, I sent you two e-mails, one last night and one today with some
network suggestions but they keep bouncing back (Remote host said: 500
SYNTAX ERROR, COMMAND UNRECOGNIZED).
Old October 18th 03, 04:46 AM
MacCandace

DLink tech told me I might have a corrupted TCP/IP
installation but in WinXP, it won't let me uninstall it. I've been told you
can uninstall through DOS but they wouldn't tell me how. Each computer has a
fast ethernet PCI card, then are connected to a DLink broadband router, and
then the main computer is connected to a DSL modem.

Yikes, Lauren, you sound like a geek!

Candace
(take the litter out before replying by e-mail)

See my cats:
http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

"One does not meet oneself until one catches the reflection from an eye other
than human." (Loren Eisely)

Old October 18th 03, 05:14 AM
Cheryl

In ,
PawsForThought composed with style:

I got one of them, but it cut off most of the content. I've been
having problems myself with Yahoo the past couple of days. Thanks
for sending. Maybe you could try to resend tomorrow? Basically,
I'm at the point where I've got the 2 computers communicating and
we can share data. One computer can go online the other can't.

If you worked with tech support maybe they had you do something that
changed your IP address of the connected systems' nic card. I don't
know what is going on but I do know networking.

DLink tech told me I might have a corrupted TCP/IP installation

That is always the first thing tech support tells you.

but
in WinXP, it won't let me uninstall it.

I have XP on my desktop; I'll have to see if I can figure it out.

So I take it you're unable to get POP3 mail to go through your
"server" PC to another PC?