I don't have any friends (whimper)

Old December 1st 06, 03:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen AKA Kajikit

Default I don't have any friends (whimper)

The new way they do webshots is getting to me! While it was 'just my
albums' I could go along feeling quite happy that my photos had ten or
twenty or fifty views during the week... but now I can see how I stack
up to the 'big guns' and it's giving me a serious inferiority complex!
Nobody loves me!
Please, if you have a webshots album could you send me an invitation
to be your 'friend' so I don't feel so alone? (that way it'll be
easier to see your pics too...)

And for those who are interested, I've made some travel albums on my
webshots this week, and started uploading the photos from our Great
North American Odyssey back in 2003. I've done San Francisco/LA (in
one album), Yosemite National Park and the Tioga Pass (in a second),
and 'South-West National Parks' - Bryce Canyon, Zion National Park and
the Grand Canyon - in a third. The scenery is absolutely magnificent
and it was literally impossible not to get some great shots!
http://community.webshots.com/user/kajikit
Old December 1st 06, 05:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
[...]

Your Webshots home page says you have 3 friends and 24 fans, 122,286 views
that doesn't look bad by anyone's standards. I've had in my favourate
members folder for well over a year.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old December 1st 06, 07:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

Not exactly "legal" but post a few really good pictures of the sort that get
shared a lot. Such as the one of the moose and the cat touching noses.
Make their album public. Share it with a few email junkies. And sit back
and watch your numbers soar.

I did this a few years ago without really meaning to and at one point was
getting up to 1000 hits a week. Does wonders for the ego considering it
means exactly nothing.

Jo

Old December 1st 06, 07:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen AKA Kajikit

On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 19:27:35 GMT, "Jo Firey"
wrote:

Not exactly "legal" but post a few really good pictures of the sort that get
shared a lot. Such as the one of the moose and the cat touching noses.
Make their album public. Share it with a few email junkies. And sit back
and watch your numbers soar.

I did this a few years ago without really meaning to and at one point was
getting up to 1000 hits a week. Does wonders for the ego considering it
means exactly nothing.

I'm not REALLY paranoid about it... I'm actually quite pleased to see
that even a few people have looked at one of my pet albums in a week.
I just wish there was a way to switch 'your ranking' off so I didn't
have to see it!

(If I really cared I'd make a more regular effort to post pictures and
invite people to see them, instead of putting up a month's worth at a
time!)
Old December 1st 06, 08:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Jo Firey wrote:

Not exactly "legal" but post a few really good pictures of the sort that get
shared a lot. Such as the one of the moose and the cat touching noses.
Make their album public. Share it with a few email junkies. And sit back
and watch your numbers soar.

Make whose album public?

I did this a few years ago without really meaning to and at one point was
getting up to 1000 hits a week. Does wonders for the ego considering it
means exactly nothing.

Might be a good idea if you have other stuff on your site that you'd like
people to see, not for ego purposes, but because you want to spread the
word about something, perhaps.

Joyce
Old December 1st 06, 10:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

The new way they do webshots is getting to me! While it was 'just my
albums' I could go along feeling quite happy that my photos had ten or
twenty or fifty views during the week... but now I can see how I stack
up to the 'big guns' and it's giving me a serious inferiority complex!

I just had a quick look, but it's horribly difficult to find anything
interesting. You need quick-loading, large indexes - either thumbnails
or text, but anything to avoid that endless clicking.

The pictures of Hurricane Wilma look like they might be interesting but
without any text, how can we make sense of them? What was all that
scaffolding for, for example?

Maybe this is just the way Webshots is meant to (not) work. Most sites
within it have the same problem. I can't usually be bothered with it
any more.

Old December 2nd 06, 03:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
[...]

Don't feel bad, I have ZERO friends! That's not exactly true, I'm meeting
two of them for lunch tomorrow but they don't have webshots albums

Jill

Old December 2nd 06, 10:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

jmcquown wrote:
Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
[...]

Webshots seems to work in strange ways, when I look at your page it says you
have 8 fans and 1 friend.

Old December 2nd 06, 08:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"Karen AKA Kajikit" wrote in message
The new way they do webshots is getting to me! While it was 'just my
albums' I could go along feeling quite happy that my photos had ten or
twenty or fifty views during the week... but now I can see how I stack
up to the 'big guns' and it's giving me a serious inferiority complex!
Nobody loves me!
Please, if you have a webshots album could you send me an invitation
to be your 'friend' so I don't feel so alone? (that way it'll be
easier to see your pics too...)

I spent some time last night relaxing and looking at your photos. I got as
far as the dogwood at Yosemite. That is my very favorite time of year to be
there. We were there thirty years ago with my parents and my newest
daughter who squealed with delight at the waterfalls, or what she called
showers. And we were there again this spring. In room with blooming
dogwood right next to the balcony.

Jo

Old December 2nd 06, 09:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen AKA Kajikit

On Sat, 02 Dec 2006 20:04:17 GMT, "Jo Firey"
wrote:

"Karen AKA Kajikit" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Yosemite was just glorious! The only bad thing about it was that they
were having a mosquito plague while we were there - you literally
could not set foot outside the buildings without getting bitten! I
think it was still worth it though, because it was such a beautiful
place. I'd love to see it in the winter.