Feline leukemia vaccine??

Old July 5th 03, 08:21 PM
Rita

Default Feline leukemia vaccine??

I'd like to know what the opinion's are on the feline leukemia vaccine.
Whiskers was an indoor cat for her first eight months, but then I made
the mistake of taking her out on a halter and leash. She then started
driving me crazy as she wanted to be taken out all the time. I finally
gave in and let her go out by herself. Actually, she's pretty good. She
doesn't roam and stays mainly in the back yard. Maybe because when I did
take her out, I always said "NO"!, whenever she tried to go beyond the
property line. I also have a cat door so that she is free to come in and
eat whenever she feels like it which is about 10 times a day. :-) She is
not allowed out at night. That is a definite no-no and seems to be
something she understands. I do see a few cats that do come into my yard
every once in awhile and that makes me nervous. I lost my last cat to
feline leukemia about 20 years ago and this is the first cat I've had
since then. Thanks for any opinions you might have.

Rita

Old July 17th 03, 08:13 AM
jen.d

http://www.holisticat.com/vaccinations.html

Everyone has their opinions (and usually strong ones at that), personally
this is fairly close to my own. I only suggest doing as much reading as
possible before going to the vets. Most traditional/western vets I've gone
to are ready to stick the cat before they say hello to me. In fact, even had
one try to stick my *sick* cat with a vaccine.

If you go ahead with it, make sure your kitty is in optimal health first.

Your Whiskers sounds a lot like my cat Kid =) She looooves her walks!

Jen.