A Tiny Little Waif of a Kitten

Old August 10th 03, 07:26 PM
Celebspysrath

Default A Tiny Little Waif of a Kitten

The other night on her way home my wife saw a little kitten on the side of
the road. She turned around and went back and got the kitten and brought her
home. The kitten is affraid of everything and is all skin and bones. She is
affraid of everybody but will lay on my stomach and pur up a storm. My wife
and I have been feeding her kitten food and keeping a small dish full of
water and dry kitten food for her.

She is acting alot better than she did when my wife first brought her home.
I try and work with her as far as showing her attention and showing her that
we care about her but she still seems timied. Am I on the right track with
the way that I am working with her?

Does anybody have any suggestions on how I should continue. We keep her is a
large pet carrier at night so that if one of us gets up in the middle of the
night we don't step on her but during the day she spends a lot of time
hiding and does not want to come out. Once I am able to hold her she is
fine.

Could somebody please help me this is my first experience with a wild
kitten.

Old August 11th 03, 04:18 AM
Mr B

It definitely takes time for a stray/wild/feral/whatever cat to be trained into being human friendly
and such. Just keep showing affection and comforting him/her and give it at least a week or so.
Keep us updated.

Old August 11th 03, 02:27 PM

In article ,
"Celebspysrath" wrote:

Does anybody have any suggestions on how I should continue.

Don't forget play. Many ferals completely forget to be afraid when
entranced by a cat dancer or one of those little foam balls :-)