Persian in need of home

Old August 11th 03, 03:08 AM
Dorheca

Default Persian in need of home

Hi all. I am posting on behalf of my mother who lives in Southern New
Hampshire. A few weeks ago my mother, who is a real estate agent, was
previewing a home listed by another agent and ran into a totally
matted, desperately hungry cat who was, as it turned out, rather close
to dying. She get permission to take the cat - the owners called her
mean - and brought her to a vet. Well, a few weeks later this very
loving cat (with an odd meow) has got meat on her bones, is finally
growing fur and is, unfortunately, not getting along with the other
cats of the household. So, my mom is looking for a new home for the
cat - now named Sunbeam because she loves to follow the sun around the
house. She has a clean bill of health and will be getting fixed next
week. By the way, this cat is SO not mean. She is quite friendly and
sweet.

I can provide pictures for anyone interested. I have sent an email to
a Persian rescue league in MA but have been unable to find an address
for one in NH. Any help anyone can provide would be greatly
appreciated.

Thank you,

Dorheca
Old August 11th 03, 07:39 AM

It may be that your mother introduced the new cat to the other cats too
quickly. The fact that the cat isn't spayed is probably part of the
problem as well. If your mother would like to work things out and keep
the cat, she should bring the cat home from being spayed and start her
off in a separate room by herself for a week or so then *very* slowly
start to expose her to the other cats. If done with patience there is no
reason the cat can't integrate into the household successfully and get
along with the other cats. You can read more about the right way to
introduce a new cat he
http://www.catsinternational.org/art...roduction.html

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing
http://www.stopdeclaw.com

Zuzu's Cats Photo Album:
http://www.PictureTrail.com/zuzu22

way."

- W.H. Murray

Old August 14th 03, 05:32 AM
Kalyahna

"Dorheca" wrote in message
om...
I can provide pictures for anyone interested. I have sent an email to
a Persian rescue league in MA but have been unable to find an address
for one in NH. Any help anyone can provide would be greatly
appreciated.

Contact your local humane society or shelter. They should have numbers and
information for local breed rescue organizations as well.