Psychic Tyche

Old March 5th 05, 02:18 AM
Enfilade

Default Psychic Tyche

So yesterday I was lying in bed for a rest with Tyche meatloafed
behind my head. She was doing that purr thing that inevitably puts me
to sleep if she does it long enough. Yesterday, though, she suddenly
stopped purring. I muttered, wondering what happened. About twenty
seconds later, she suddenly got up and bolted off the pillow. Five
seconds after that, I heard the key in the lock. My partner was home,
and Tyche was there to greet him.

I wonder how she knows he's coming. She can't recognize the car
engine, because he walks home from a bus stop that's a good third of a
km away. Also, our apartment door is right beside the stairwell, so
it's only about three steps from exiting the stairwell to opening the
door. Can she recognize his footsteps on the stairs, even through our
apartment door AND the stairwell door?! She'd have to in order to
suspect his approach 30 seconds before he puts the key in the lock.

Is our Spikey-Tyche psychic?

--Fil
Old March 5th 05, 05:11 AM
Cheryl

On Fri 04 Mar 2005 09:18:59p, Enfilade wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
. com):

[...]

I wonder how they know!!

--
Cheryl
Old March 5th 05, 06:13 AM
mlbriggs

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 18:18:59 -0800, Enfilade wrote:

[...]

Yes -- she reads minds. MLB

Old March 5th 05, 05:33 PM
Marina

Enfilade wrote:
I wonder how she knows he's coming. She can't recognize the car
engine, because he walks home from a bus stop that's a good third of a
km away. Also, our apartment door is right beside the stairwell, so
it's only about three steps from exiting the stairwell to opening the
door. Can she recognize his footsteps on the stairs, even through our
apartment door AND the stairwell door?! She'd have to in order to
suspect his approach 30 seconds before he puts the key in the lock.

It's amazing. One time, I lived in a flat on the fourth floor with no
lift (elevator). My parents were there one day, helping me clean out
some old things. Dad and I went downstairs to take out some things to
the bins. I only had Frank at that time. When we came back upstairs, Mum
said Frank had gone to the door and looked expectantly at it several
minutes before we came in. Frank must have heard us come in the
downstairs door (that was some climb - it was an old house from the late
1800s, and each floor was about four metres high. I loved that high
ceiling).

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki
Old March 6th 05, 02:51 AM
Enfilade

It's amazing.

If their hearing is that sensitive, it's a wonder they don't mail
hairballs to our neighbours who are constantly playing rap with the
bass thudding through the bedroom wall.

"To The Losers next Door
Turn That Sh!t Down
Or More Of These
Will be Comin' Around
We'll Pounce On You
An' your Pitbull Pup
Then Gulp You Down
And Hack You Up
Your Singing Sucks
Your Talk's A Bore
Love from The Four
Kitty Cats Next Door."

--Fil
Old March 6th 05, 02:54 AM
CatNipped

"Enfilade" wrote in message
om...

It's amazing.

If their hearing is that sensitive, it's a wonder they don't mail
hairballs to our neighbours who are constantly playing rap with the
bass thudding through the bedroom wall.

"To The Losers next Door
Turn That Sh!t Down
Or More Of These
Will be Comin' Around
We'll Pounce On You
An' your Pitbull Pup
Then Gulp You Down
And Hack You Up
Your Singing Sucks
Your Talk's A Bore
Love from The Four
Kitty Cats Next Door."

Fil, I *LOVE* your rap - and everything else you write (I really missed you
while you were gone). Do you write professionally? If not you should
consider it!

Hugs,

CatNipped

--Fil

Old March 6th 05, 01:28 PM
Marina

Enfilade wrote:

"To The Losers next Door
Turn That Sh!t Down
Or More Of These
Will be Comin' Around
We'll Pounce On You
An' your Pitbull Pup
Then Gulp You Down
And Hack You Up
Your Singing Sucks
Your Talk's A Bore
Love from The Four
Kitty Cats Next Door."

LOL! Another great catsong (rap?) from Fil.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki
Old March 6th 05, 08:23 PM
Enfilade

Fil, I *LOVE* your rap - and everything else you write (I really missed you
while you were gone). Do you write professionally? If not you should
consider it!

I'm a cartoonist for a monthly newspaper, have written a magazine
article, am working on a newspaper article, have done some historical
conferences, published some poems, and sent a defence paper to Ottawa.
Still a dabbler, but building a foundation.

--FIl