LOL Ferrets

Old February 24th 09, 11:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default LOL Ferrets

Kreisleriana drtATearthlink.net wrote:

That was certainly not the objection here in New York City. The objection
sprang directly from Giuliani's unfamiliarity with the domesticity of
ferrets, his obstinate refusal to be educated about them, and his decision
that they are "dangerous wild animals." Giuliani never gave a hoot in hell
about environmental hazards. If someone was making a million dollars
selling ferrets, he would have found a way to protect them.

LOL, what a loser. But they're illegal (as pets) in California, too.
And they have been for as long as I can remember, so you can't blame it
on Arnie.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old February 25th 09, 05:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"Kreisleriana" drtATearthlink.net wrote in message
m...

"jmcquown" wrote in message
screaming, "There's a strange wild animal out there!" It didn't look
very wild to me. (In fact, it looked a lot like the minks she used to
wear around her neck back in the day, but I didn't say that.)

My grandma had one of those. I can remember sitting in church staring
back at it when I was little, and thinking "Why in heaven's name would
anybody wear that thing?"

I inheirited the "collar" (I learned that's what it's called). They have
glass eyes and claws, they even have teeth. It's downright creepy. I
found black & white photos of my mother wearing it in the 1940's. I can't
make excuses for what was popular clothing back then. Barbara Stanwyck
wore one of those collars in the film 'Meet John Doe' in 1949.

I contacted a consignment shop in town to find out if they can sell the
furs. Apparently some people still buy them. And really, I can't be held
responsible for what the fashions were back then. I've put them back in
the cedar chest for the time being.

Jill

My aunt left me one of those mink "wraps" with head and feet attached,
complete with glass beady eyes (I never heard it called a collar and suspect
it's not quite the same thing as you described). I donated it to a local
cat rescue group. They cut it up to make toys for the cats they foster,
socialize and adopt out--and I thought that was the perfect use for that
"garment."

MaryL

Old February 25th 09, 11:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

. ..

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

When I described it (over the phone) to the the woman at the consignment
shop she exclaimed, "Oh! You have a collar!" Uh, okay, if you say so.

I've heard of donating furs (maybe even from you!) for the purpose you
mention. I'll have to inquire at the shelter (there's only one in the
area). The thing is rather scary looking if you ask me, but maybe not to
cats

Jill

Old February 25th 09, 12:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Actually, I got the idea from someone on one of the newsgroups. The fur my
aunt left me had been hanging in the closet for years. Even when I was a
child, I thought it was ugly. As I grew older, I would not even consider
wearing any fur (including the beautiful coats), and did not want to be the
person to put this fur into that type of use again. So, when I saw where
someone had described cutting one up for cat toys, I thought: "Perfect!"
The shelter cut it into small pieces, much like the "fur" toys we buy for
our cats. So, one of these items (even the small ones) will provide
pleasure for *lots* of kitties.

MaryL