OT : Puppy survives 200ft quarry fall

Old February 22nd 09, 11:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Default OT : Puppy survives 200ft quarry fall

A puppy survived after plunging more than 200ft (60.6m) over a cliff into a
flooded quarry.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/7902832.stm?lss
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old February 22nd 09, 12:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Puppy survives 200ft quarry fall

"Adrian" wrote in message
om...
A puppy survived after plunging more than 200ft (60.6m) over a cliff into a
flooded quarry.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/7902832.stm?lss
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

That is one lucky pup! I love this quote: "For about three days she walked
round with an astonished look on her face..." I'll bet she did! I'll bet
she's a bit more careful around those cliffs in the future, too, no matter
how fascinating the bird might be.

Jill

Old February 24th 09, 01:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Adrian" wrote in message
om...
A puppy survived after plunging more than 200ft (60.6m) over a cliff into a
flooded quarry.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/7902832.stm?lss

Reminds me of when my mother was at Whitby with her Border Collie, Cassie.
They were going down to a beach when Cassie decided to jump over a small
wall, because she was happy and she could.
She fell 100 feet. My mother hardly dared look, she was certain she would be
dead. She wasn't, just a bit bruised and saying "I meant to do that.."
My mother was always more careless than I was. I'd have had Cassie on the
lead until I got to the beach but she always thought dogs had more sense
than I knew they had.
I bought that dog for her as a puppy. I wanted to tell her off for it but
I knew that seeing Cassie falling over the wall down the cliff would be
enough that I would not need to mention it ever again.

Tweed

Old February 24th 09, 01:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

Christina Websell wrote:
"Adrian" wrote in message
om...
[...]

While you are here, would you give us an update on KFC -- is she still with us?

Old February 24th 09, 02:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"MLB" wrote in message news:gnvjak$bg9$
While you are here, would you give us an update on KFC -- is she still
with us?

Yes. Still sneezing, still scaring me with her up and down appetite but
still with us.
There was a bit of sun on Saturday. I could not find her. She had gone
into the conservatory, jumped from the vegetable rack on to the freezer ,
leapt onto the puppy crate thingies hanging on the wall, hung from her
claws to get up the wire on them to get to where the sun was.
She has no intention of leaving us just yet.
She's amazing.
She puts two claws up to the vet, but it has to be acknowledged that between
us it's not easy to keep her going.

Tweed

Old February 24th 09, 08:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

There was a bit of sun on Saturday. I could not find her. She had gone
into the conservatory, jumped from the vegetable rack on to the freezer ,
leapt onto the puppy crate thingies hanging on the wall, hung from her
claws to get up the wire on them to get to where the sun was.
She has no intention of leaving us just yet.
She's amazing.

Wow! She sure is.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old February 24th 09, 09:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Christina Websell wrote:
Yes. Still sneezing, still scaring me with her up and down appetite but
still with us.
There was a bit of sun on Saturday. I could not find her. She had gone
into the conservatory, jumped from the vegetable rack on to the freezer ,
leapt onto the puppy crate thingies hanging on the wall, hung from her
claws to get up the wire on them to get to where the sun was.
She has no intention of leaving us just yet.
She's amazing.
She puts two claws up to the vet, but it has to be acknowledged that between
us it's not easy to keep her going.

Tweed

Lots of purrs for KFC and hugs for you, Christina,
Polonca and Soncek
Old February 25th 09, 10:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

,
leapt onto the puppy crate thingies hanging on the wall, hung from her
claws to get up the wire on them to get to where the sun was.
She has no intention of leaving us just yet.
She's amazing.

Wow! She sure is.

Every time I wonder if it's time to let her go she says not. She will tell
me when she's had enough and we will both know when it is.
It's not when she can climb 8 feet to catch a few rays.
I've never got my camera charged up to take a pic of her crawling up claw by
claw on the wire when she sees a ray of sunshine she can get to.
I do wish you could all see that.

Tweed

Old February 26th 09, 12:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

Every time I wonder if it's time to let her go she says not. She will tell
me when she's had enough and we will both know when it is.
It's not when she can climb 8 feet to catch a few rays.

No, I don't think it is. I really can't get over that, it's so remarkable.

I've never got my camera charged up to take a pic of her crawling up claw by
claw on the wire when she sees a ray of sunshine she can get to.
I do wish you could all see that.

So do I!

--
Joyce ^..^