So much for THAT bright idea...

Old February 25th 09, 08:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kajikit[_2_]

Default So much for THAT bright idea...

Since Stripy Thing was so interested in our apartment I sat down on
the doorstep with the door open to pet him. He was happy to be
petted... but then Scouty saw him right at her open front door and
decided she'd had enough. She ran over to me, hissed at him (and he
hissed right back), and ran right out the front door to chase him off
her territory and away from her personal property (me!) Thank goodness
he backed around the door and she didn't feel compelled to chase him
any further than my legs. I grabbed her and tossed her back inside and
she looked at me like 'what did I do meowmie? I was just protectng
you!' I don't think I'll try that again... John says that we
absolutely cannot have another cat in the apartment anyway, and Stripy
Thing hates other cats. I thought he might be able to get used to ours
because he's not reacting much to them any more, but no such luck.

My biggest worry now is that I've signed Stripy Thing's death warrant
by making him too friendly and sociable and bringing him to people's
notice. He's been living at the building for the last two years, but
it's only the last six months that he's been coming out openly, and
only for the last three months that he's been coming upstairs to be
fed. I'm terrified that somebody is going to call Animal Control on
him. They just put out the latest newsletter and among the other petty
'do nots' that is all it ever consists of it says 'do not leave animal
bowls outside' because a few times I've fed him late and forgotten to
bring his dish in. It's one little tiny saucer for pete's sake!
He's such a lovely cat, and now everyone knows he's here...
Old February 25th 09, 08:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Kajikit" wrote in message
[...]

Maybe you can rehome him? Contact a rescue group if there is one in your
area. Stripy Thing clearly wants a home, but maybe not a home with other
cats in it... just a thought.

Jill

Old February 25th 09, 09:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Kajikit" wrote in message
[...]

Well, its a positive sign that they say not to leave the bowls out
(which is fair) rather than make a fuss about them being put out in
the first place.

I'm sure you aren't his only fan.

Jo

Old February 26th 09, 03:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Kajikit" wrote in message
[...]

Could you catch him and take him to a no-kill shelter?

I am so happy that I own my house and there is no-one to tell me whether I
can or not feed 20 cats outside should I want to.
As it happens there are no ferals or lost kitties here that I need to feed,
but should I need to, I could.
No one would know or care and even if they did, there would be nothing they
could do about it.
I could have as many cats as I wanted.
Two is as many as I want, though, KFC uses up most of my money at the vets
atm, imagine if I had five or six like that! I'd be bankrupt.

Tweed

Hey, I have an idea! Joy Cat anecdotes 4 August 2nd 08 09:43 PM
Amber is not too bright ---MIKE--- Cat anecdotes 7 July 11th 08 12:54 AM
ot; see.. the devil will hand you a bright shiny thing judas me Cat health & behaviour 3 July 11th 07 01:24 AM
Bright Moonlight jmcquown Cat anecdotes 0 February 8th 06 09:01 AM
Qui Gun Kit is not very bright Pamela Shirk Cat anecdotes 0 October 13th 05 08:49 PM