Tribute: Stanley, house of Momorella

Old November 1st 15, 08:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Donna M

Default Tribute: Stanley, house of Momorella

[large orange kitty steps forward]

Hi. My name is Captain. My brother Stanley and I haven't posted a lot on here in recent years, but we've been here. Our sisters before us, Melody and Harmony, were here when RPCC opened.

But they are at the Bridge now, and two days ago, my brother Stanley joined them.

When Stanley and I were 9 months old, it was a cold, snowy January in Philadelphia. Some kind hoomin found the two of us. I don't want to say whether we were abandoned outside together, but that's what our Meowmy thinks happened.

That hoomin took us to a thing called a shelter. It was warm and there was food in there. A week later, our Meowmy and Paw showed up. Melody had gone to the Bridge from cancermonsters a few years before, and Harmony had gone about six weeks before they came to the shelter. Meowmy couldn't take being without a kitty anymore, so they came and they wanted to adopt two cats.

The shelter people showed them Stanley and me first, because we were a bonded pair. Though they met other kitties that day too, they adopted Stanley and me. So my brother and I were together all our lives until now.

Stanley loved two things. Attention and food. Well, he also loved me. We'd have Zoomies together and play Bop My Brother all the time. He even liked the silly D-pets Meowmy insisted on bringing home. One of them, Mini the Wee, surely met him at the Bridge when he got there, because she liked him, too. The D-pet we have now, Baxter, is upset and misses his kitty brother. But not as much as I do. I didn't know the world could exist and Stanley not be here.

But the cancermonsters are the reason why. Stanley was great, right up until Thursday morning, when he started to get mopey. Meowmy kept an eye on him.. Friday, he was the same. Meowmy called TED. Then she noticed Stanley's breathing was rapid. She called TED for an earlier appointment.

TED didn't even realize at first how bad things were. She was thinking of a problem called "pancreatitis". Then she did x-rays and knew the truth. Stanley had cancermonsters all over his lungs. TED said that means it spread from somewhere else. Even an hour in a thing called "oxygen cage" didn't help Stanley breathe better. Meowmy knew what that meant. No TED anywhere had medicine or knowledge to make Stanley better.

So Meowmy and Paw cuddled him and scritched him while TED helped him start his journey to the Bridge.

So please raise a toast for Stanley, who loved everybody and every critter he ever met. All he ever did was purr. And we will all miss him until we see him again.

Captain

I miss my kitty brother. We liked to sniff each other and team up to beg for snacks from Mom.

Baxter the D-pet
Old November 1st 15, 11:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sylvia and P2nya[_2_]

"Donna M" wrote in message
[...]

So sorry to hear this sadsad mewz.
We will read your tribute again at the next Jellical Ball. Please rememfurr
to post it again on the October full moon.
Pit2nya

Old November 2nd 15, 12:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance and/or Rebecca

Akchoolly, Stanley did make it on da final list. Daisy-chan has bin doin a furry gud job keepin up!

Rebecca
Old November 2nd 15, 02:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
M Patterson

On Sunday, November 1, 2015 at 2:27:42 PM UTC-5, Donna M wrote:
[...]

A lovely Tribute for a true gentlemancat, Captain and Baxter.

Fangu for giving it, it helps us keep the memory of Stanley and his constant purrs alive.

Azad
Old November 2nd 15, 04:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Will in New Haven[_2_]

[...]

I am a D-purrson two and dat is perZAKly how I feel about mine brofurr, da Lab called da Bear. Mommy and Uncl Bill miss him alsew.

He will meet yoor broffur at da Bridg and hep to show him aroun. He luvs kitties.

--
Samanfa, your fren you neffer metted