Ping Dan - any news on Sammy?

Old November 5th 08, 09:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Ping Dan - any news on Sammy?

Just checking in.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old November 5th 08, 11:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

In article ,
wrote:

Just checking in.

No news yet. I've got both vets, the shelter, and neighbors looking with
me.
Old November 5th 08, 11:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Daniel Mahoney wrote:
No news yet. I've got both vets, the shelter, and neighbors looking with
me.

I'll focus on Sammy during my yoga class tonight.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old November 6th 08, 03:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_4_]

"Daniel Mahoney" ,
bastXXXe

Just checking in.

No news yet. I've got both vets, the shelter, and neighbors looking with
me.

Why do I have a 'gut' feeling he sneaked back into your house and is hiding
in a cupboard or under a bed or in a closet somewhere? Re-check the house
again.
How did he get out? Did he jump over the tall fence, or climb up it?
Do you have a laser pointer you could take with you at night to attract him?
Puuuuuuuuuuuuuurs and prayers that he's found safe and sound, soon.
Is he tagged or chipped? I was awake a LOT last night thinking about him,
and telling him to get his fuzzy butt home.
Kyla

Old November 6th 08, 05:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Nov 5, 5:02�pm, Daniel Mahoney wrote:
In article ,

wrote:
Just checking in.

No news yet. I've got both vets, the shelter, and neighbors looking with
me.

Dan, I wanted to pass along this, just in case it might apply in your
case: At our shelter,
when someone inquires about a lost cat, they go on a list. There are
*so many* different
volunteers, and they're so busy down there, it really helps when the
owner checks with
them every single day. It's just a madhouse down there; your shelter
may be much
better organized with better communication.
I know you and Nancy are frantic. I hope he appears at the door, soon.

Sherry
Old November 6th 08, 10:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

wrote:
Just checking in.

No news yet. I've got both vets, the shelter, and neighbors looking with
me.

Dan, I wanted to pass along this, just in case it might apply in your
case: At our shelter,
when someone inquires about a lost cat, they go on a list. There are
*so many* different
volunteers, and they're so busy down there, it really helps when the
owner checks with
them every single day. It's just a madhouse down there; your shelter
may be much
better organized with better communication.
I know you and Nancy are frantic. I hope he appears at the door, soon.

Sherry

Good advice. It might even be a good idea to go to the shelter in person
and check for yourself. A friend of mine recently learned that her beloved
dog (which ran out the door when a housekeeper came in) was euthanized,
despite numerous phone calls. Shelters are so busy/overwhelmed that the
person taking phone calls may not recognize your description.

MaryL

Old November 6th 08, 12:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

Why do I have a 'gut' feeling he sneaked back into your house and is hiding
in a cupboard or under a bed or in a closet somewhere? Re-check the house
again.
How did he get out? Did he jump over the tall fence, or climb up it?
Do you have a laser pointer you could take with you at night to attract him?
Puuuuuuuuuuuuuurs and prayers that he's found safe and sound, soon.
Is he tagged or chipped? I was awake a LOT last night thinking about him,
and telling him to get his fuzzy butt home.
Kyla

We did that when Nancy got home last night. Checked every place we could
think of, including places we had checked right after he disappeared.

I've got a fairly high wooden fence, and I extended it a couple feet
more.However, Ranger and Sammy found a weak place where the mesh
extension material had slipped down and left a gap that a kitty could
fit through. I have since fixed it, so I'm ready when Sammy comes home.

Hear that, Sammy? I'm ready for you to come home now!

heading to the Animal Rescue League today to drop off a couple of my
color Sammy posters. Also left some with neighbors and one with the mail
man.