Pickles visits the vet

Old February 25th 09, 05:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default Pickles visits the vet

Pickles went in today for her checkup and shots. She is no lady! The
language she used on the way to and from the vet's was disgraceful! At the
office, it was all, "Poor little me! Look how I'm being mistreated!" She
got a clean bill of health too, but the doctor had to shave her belly to
check out some lumps she thought were either hernias or fat globules. They
were fat. She weighs 15.1 pounds, even more than Waffles. She didn't just
cuss on the way home, she actually fought her way out of the carrier. It's
cloth, with mesh at the ends and on one side. She burst out through the
mesh on the side, and a few blocks from home I suddenly had a lapful of cat.
I managed to get her in the house, and she promptly disappeared under the
bed. She didn't stay there long, though.

It's a good thing I had a cardboard carrier, because Lindy has an
appointment for a checkup tomorrow. I may end up having to use the one that
came with them - a heavy wood and wire contraption - for their booster shot
appointments.

--

Joy

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of
masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch. - Leo Dworken

Old February 25th 09, 08:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Joy wrote:

She weighs 15.1 pounds, even more than Waffles. She didn't just
cuss on the way home, she actually fought her way out of the carrier. It's
cloth, with mesh at the ends and on one side. She burst out through the
mesh on the side, and a few blocks from home I suddenly had a lapful of cat.
I managed to get her in the house, and she promptly disappeared under the
bed. She didn't stay there long, though.

Goodness! That could have been dangerous. I'm glad you were so close to
home. You don't need to have a crazed cat loose in the car with you while
you're trying to drive.

Hope she got over it quickly!

--
Joyce ^..^

Old February 25th 09, 08:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

wrote in message
Joy wrote:

She weighs 15.1 pounds, even more than Waffles. She didn't just
cuss on the way home, she actually fought her way out of the carrier.
It's
cloth, with mesh at the ends and on one side. She burst out through
the
mesh on the side, and a few blocks from home I suddenly had a lapful of
cat.
I managed to get her in the house, and she promptly disappeared under
the
bed. She didn't stay there long, though.

Goodness! That could have been dangerous. I'm glad you were so close to
home. You don't need to have a crazed cat loose in the car with you while
you're trying to drive.

Hope she got over it quickly!

--
Joyce ^..^

Yes, it could have been bad! She calmed down once she was out, but it was
hard to drive with her in my lap, especially since I partly held her because
I didn't know what she'd do next.

Joy

Old February 25th 09, 02:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Charleen Welton

What a challange Pickles was. Hope that doesn't happen again although I
wouldn't bet against it! Aggie Marble uses "language" also when we have to
get her out from under the bed to clip her nails or give her Revolution,
take her to the vets or so on. You know without a doubt she is using bad
words because of the accompanying flashes of lightening coming from her
eyes! What a mouth!!
Charleen

Old February 25th 09, 07:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

It's amazing how much we can sometimes understand, even without knowing the
language. I've heard other cats cuss when they were challenging another to
a fight, or trying to intimidate the, but Pickles is the worse potty mouth
I've ever known.

--

Joy

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of
masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch. - Leo Dworken

ng.com...

Old February 25th 09, 08:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

"Joy" wrote in message
It's amazing how much we can sometimes understand, even without knowing
the language. I've heard other cats cuss when they were challenging
another to a fight, or trying to intimidate the, but Pickles is the worse
potty mouth I've ever known.

Tiny Mimi (RB) had a lot of personality, but she was basically a sweet,
playful cat who rarely got upset. In the first ten years she lived with me,
I never heard her make a hissy sound. Then Stinky came along. WOW! I was
totally shocked at the language. So was Stinky.

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Sam Visits TED Marina Cat anecdotes 8 August 22nd 06 03:26 AM
Sam Visits TED Monique Y. Mudama Cat anecdotes 3 August 21st 06 11:30 PM
Sam Visits TED [email protected] Cat anecdotes 0 August 20th 06 09:57 PM
Sam Visits TED Kreisleriana Cat anecdotes 1 August 20th 06 05:41 PM
TED visits.... Katrina Cat anecdotes 8 August 11th 05 10:58 PM