It gets worse (Still OT)

Old December 21st 12, 10:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Default It gets worse (Still OT)

Lesley wrote:

Adrian some Indian people speak better English than me but they don't seem to end up working in call centres

Anyway, India isn't the only place that Western companies farm out their
call centers to. Speaking of CPAPs (as we are on the FB group), the support
folks for the company where I get my equipment is somewhere far away, but
definitely not India. The phone number I call is local, so I don't even
have that as a cue. They might be in the Phillipines. Unfortunately, they
never understand what I'm asking them for. They always send me the wrong
items. When they leave me messages on my voicemail, I can't understand
a word of it. I don't want to sound like one of those jerks who think that
everyone in the world should speak English, but if you're going to set up
a customer support department, you should hire people who can speak and
understand the language that the customers speak... kind of a no-brainer.

--
Joyce

Whenever you feel anger, you should say, "May I be free of this
anger!" This rarely works, but talking to yourself in public will
encourage others to leave you alone.
Old December 21st 12, 10:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Dec 21, 2:11*am, Jack Campin wrote:
There must be an organisation that you can report this to.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...ng_e/complaint...

Sorry everyone about the hiccup that sent the same post 3 times- me
being impatient with my mobile!!

Thanks for that Jack at the moment the guy at the bank believes Dave
and the matter is being investigated (apparently there has beeen a
spike in cards not being stopped when people called in at the weekend
and the recording machines were down) they have their own procedures
to follow but if they give Dave any grief be sure those links will be
used

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old December 21st 12, 05:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article
, Lesley
wrote:
On Dec 20, 3:32 pm, Adrian wrote:

If it wasn't so serious I would laugh. :-(

Laugh if you want to

It's getting pretty odd Dave's bank believe him because at the time he
made the call some of the machines in the call centre that record the
calls were switched off!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Fur balls

Maybe I'm too suspicious but do they know the reason for that or was there
something underhand going on by an employee or employees?

There must be an organisation that you can report this to.

The bank has to reimburse Dave for all money taken. I shall not ever use
that bank.

Judith

It sounds suspicious to me, too. I was going to say upthread that "it
should be OK as the calls are recorded."
It should spark off an investigation of some sort.

I've used Barclays since I was 18 and only ever had one minor problem with
them. I mislaid my cheque book in the house (the safe place I put it in was
so safe I couldn't remember where it was so I asked them to send me another
one.)
I rarely use my cheque book so when I found a cheque book I used it to pay
an electrician for some work done.
The bank bounced my cheque (it was from the book I'd mislaid.) Not only
was that majorly embarrassing for me, it incurred an extra charge to my
electrician.
I was furious. I marched down to the local branch and said "Did I ask you
to cancel my mislaid cheque book? No, I did not, as I told you it was still
in the house. Now my electrician thinks I've paid for work I can't afford
with a dud cheque, I've had to pay him an extra £25 for the charge he
incurred and pay in cash. I also had to go to his house and apologise, so
either you reimburse me the extra £25 and write to him saying it was your
fault and my credit is fine or I close my account and take my business
elsewhere."

I reminded them that I had an account with another bank whose name begins
with Ll and the branch is actually closer to my house.
They reimbursed me the 25 quid and wrote to the electrician.
Other than that minor blip (and in some ways they did the right thing for
an allegedly lost cheque book but didn't take into consideration it was
still in my house) I have found the service at my local branch very good.
Not quite so much when I try to phone them and get the Indian call centre.

I hope it all gets sorted out soon for Lesley and Dave.

I never carry a handbag since I got mine stolen (also in a Tesco store.)
Fortunately, my purse wasn't in it. (now that guarantees to confuse the USA
people ;-) ) and it was found discarded in the car park and I got it back.
I have this leather thing like a small handbag with zips all over it that
clips round my waist, I call it a bum bag. I keep my cards and cash in that
and have done so for a number of years since I used to work in a very
deprived area.
So when my handbag got nicked they didn't get anything. My purse (wallet)
was already attached to my body.
Bad luck that person.
(please don't anyone say it's called a f**** pack, that makes us Brits
faint)

Tweed

Old December 21st 12, 06:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Adrian" wrote in message
Lesley wrote:
I've got my debit card back in 2 days and in 3 the first of my credit
cards surfaced but Dave hasn't seen his new debit card so decided to
call the bank (and also complain about the guy)

Guess what? His bank have no record of any request to stop the card as
far as they are concerned it's still active...in fact it was used in
an internet cafe in West London on Tuesday. They have now stopped the
card and are carrying out an investigation and until that is sorted
Dave won't know whether he's going to be issued a new card or not

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

They need to stop using Indian call centres. I've got nothing against
Indian people but communication can be be very difficult, which is
ridiculous when it is something important like banking.
--
Adrian

I totally agree. It's because of Indian call centres that my aunt thought
Microsoft were legitimately calling her and she nearly got scammed out of 2
x £148.
I can't remember if I've said already that after we ruined my birthday
stopping her bank card all day, they actually phoned her the following
Monday and said "Mrs P, we need your co-operation to unblock your bank
card."

She said " You are scammers, I have informed the police and the bank know
exactly where you are trying to access my account from in India. "

Total silence on the telephone and they hung up.
Lucky that I visited her that day otherwise she would have been yet another
elderly person falling for it.
They even persuaded her to let them have remote control of her computer.
Here is another curse for them. May your bed be boiling hot and you can't
get out of it.

Tweed

Old December 21st 12, 07:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Rusty[_2_]

On Friday, December 21, 2012 5:21:49 AM UTC-5, Bastette wrote:
Lesley wrote:

[...]

I remember when I worked on the technical support helpline for my dept, I got
a phone call from India. I couldn't understand a word so I told the guy to
email me his problem/request.
Another time a colleaque got a problem report in German, so he was asking for help to translate it. Those were the days.
Old December 21st 12, 07:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Bastette" wrote in message
Lesley wrote:

[...]

I agree. I could probably get a better deal on my Internet access, but the
company I use is based in California, and that's where their call center is
too.

Joy

Old December 21st 12, 07:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article
,
Lesley
wrote:
On Dec 20, 3:32 pm, Adrian wrote:

[...]

I learned the 'proper' term for a bum bag on my first trip to Australia.
Fortunately, the man who explained to me was very nice and respectful when
he did so.

Joy

Old December 21st 12, 08:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

On 22/12/2012 6:56 AM, Joy wrote:
"Bastette" wrote in message
Lesley wrote:

[...]

When I rang NIN in Germany to sort out yet another credit card drama,
they spoke absolutely flawless English, and more kudos to them, I didn't
even have to *ask* for an English speaker, they just could.

Shame that my bank just couldn't cope with me making overseas
transactions, because it meant I had to give up NIN. Best Usenet service
ever, and well worth the price (I use both eternal-september and aioe now)

Yowie
Old December 21st 12, 09:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

learned the 'proper' term for a bum bag on my first trip to Australia.
Fortunately, the man who explained to me was very nice and respectful when
he did so.

Joy

A friend of mine in London claims to have once served an Aussie girl (in the shop he was working in) who loudly asked if they had any Durex. Not realising in Aussie Durex is a brand of sticky tape and in the UK Durex is a brand of condoms....

I've always wondered if he was telling the truth perhaps Yowie or one of her fellow Aussie rpca'ers could confirm that Durex is a brand of sticky tape down under

Old December 21st 12, 10:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Joy" wrote in message news:50d4bf76$0$10826
I learned the 'proper' term for a bum bag on my first trip to Australia.
Fortunately, the man who explained to me was very nice and respectful when
he did so.

Joy

Fanny means womans gentalia here. The front bottom, so to speak.
Tweed