Cat Meets Puppy

Old February 27th 07, 06:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

Default Cat Meets Puppy

These folks got a puppy and videotaped scenes of it meeting their cat for
the first time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCyaQWfSh1E

Old February 27th 07, 07:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 12:39:32 -0600, "Pat"
yodeled:

These folks got a puppy and videotaped scenes of it meeting their cat for
the first time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCyaQWfSh1E

They are both adorable.
Poor puppy! Poor Kitty! I hope nobody screws it up by overreacting.
The puppy does have to learn to respect the kitty.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old February 27th 07, 07:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

Overall, it didn't look like a real bad intro. That was a flat pawed slap
and as long as the puppy ignored the cat, the cat was actually pretty
interested. The puppy also seemed pretty calm, which is good. I wonder if
they will add more videos.

Old February 27th 07, 07:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Randy

Kreisleriana wrote:
On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 12:39:32 -0600, "Pat"
yodeled:

These folks got a puppy and videotaped scenes of it meeting their cat for
the first time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCyaQWfSh1E

They are both adorable.
Poor puppy! Poor Kitty! I hope nobody screws it up by overreacting.
The puppy does have to learn to respect the kitty.

Theresa

And the boy needs to learn to not kick the cat!

Randy

http://picasaweb.google.com/crmartin1

http://kittenwar.com/kittens/74045/

Old February 27th 07, 08:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Karen wrote:
Overall, it didn't look like a real bad intro. That was a flat pawed
slap and as long as the puppy ignored the cat, the cat was actually
pretty interested.

And the puppy needed to be slapped - it had grabbed the cat's feather wand
toy! LOL

Jill

Old February 27th 07, 10:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Randy wrote:

And the boy needs to learn to not kick the cat!

Randy

http://picasaweb.google.com/crmartin1

http://kittenwar.com/kittens/74045/

Maybe they can rehome him. ;o)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old March 1st 07, 12:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Adrian A wrote:
Randy wrote:

And the boy needs to learn to not kick the cat!

Randy

http://picasaweb.google.com/crmartin1

http://kittenwar.com/kittens/74045/

Maybe they can rehome him. ;o)

I replied to the video about the boy kicking at the cat and got b**ch
slapped for it. What's wrong with people? They think this behavior from
kids is OKAY????

Jill

Old March 1st 07, 12:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

jmcquown wrote:
Adrian A wrote:
Randy wrote:

And the boy needs to learn to not kick the cat!

Randy

http://picasaweb.google.com/crmartin1

http://kittenwar.com/kittens/74045/

Maybe they can rehome him. ;o)

I replied to the video about the boy kicking at the cat and got b**ch
slapped for it. What's wrong with people? They think this behavior
from kids is OKAY????

Jill

It's bad enough when a kid isn't corrected for kicking an animal, it's even
worse that an adult finds it acceptable. :-(

Old March 1st 07, 04:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"Adrian A" wrote in message
om...
jmcquown wrote:
Adrian A wrote:
Randy wrote:

And the boy needs to learn to not kick the cat!

Randy

http://picasaweb.google.com/crmartin1

http://kittenwar.com/kittens/74045/

Maybe they can rehome him. ;o)

I replied to the video about the boy kicking at the cat and got b**ch
slapped for it. What's wrong with people? They think this behavior
from kids is OKAY????

Jill

It's bad enough when a kid isn't corrected for kicking an animal, it's
even
worse that an adult finds it acceptable. :-(

Yes, but these were people who found it acceptable to introduce a new puppy
to their cat by

1, Filming the episode rather than participating in calming them.

2. Holding the cat and letting the puppy run loose. Until the cat escaped.
Pinning a cat down for introductions really doesn't help with the process.
(I learned that the hard way when I was about ten)

Jo

Old March 2nd 07, 04:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ollie via CatKB.com

Poor puppy, just wanted to play, brought the toy and everything