cat grass question

Old January 3rd 14, 08:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sylvia M[_3_]

Default cat grass question

My cat was gifted with a CatGrass Planter.
The oat and wheat grass is now 4 inches high.
I introduced the planter to my cat, an indoor cat.
She sniffed once and walked away.
I clipped one blade and tried to entice her.
Crushed the blade and held it near her nose...no luck

She has no idea that it is edible...
Now what?

Do most cats know that grass is good for them?
How can I convince her?

T.I.A. for suggestions

Sylvia R

Old January 3rd 14, 05:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL[_2_]

"Sylvia M" wrote in message ...

My cat was gifted with a CatGrass Planter.
The oat and wheat grass is now 4 inches high.
I introduced the planter to my cat, an indoor cat.
She sniffed once and walked away.
I clipped one blade and tried to entice her.
Crushed the blade and held it near her nose...no luck

She has no idea that it is edible...
Now what?

Do most cats know that grass is good for them?
How can I convince her?

T.I.A. for suggestions

Sylvia R

~~~~~~~
It seems to depend on the cat. My cats (Holly and Duffy, at the time I
tried it) ignored any cat grass in a planter. At the same time, I could not
have any living *decorative* indoor plants because they would eat it.
Likewise, they would not touch catnip that I grew, but they love dried
catnip that I buy.

Mary

Old January 3rd 14, 09:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sylvia M[_3_]

"MaryL" wrote in message

"Sylvia M" wrote in message ...

[...]

Ah yes. Totally understand...
I'll give a try to putting it on the dining room table as a *decorative*
indoor plant. That might also tempt her ... or not

Sylvia R

Old January 4th 14, 05:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
IBen Getiner[_3_]

On Friday, January 3, 2014 2:00:25 AM UTC-5, Sylvia M wrote:
My cat was gifted with a CatGrass Planter.

The oat and wheat grass is now 4 inches high.

I introduced the planter to my cat, an indoor cat.

She sniffed once and walked away.

I clipped one blade and tried to entice her.

Crushed the blade and held it near her nose...no luck

She has no idea that it is edible...

Now what?

Do most cats know that grass is good for them?

How can I convince her?

T.I.A. for suggestions

Sylvia R

Ever see a kat get a shoot of that krap stuck up in their sinuses? The way they get it out is to sneeze repeatedly while banging their heads on the floor. I'd think twice about giving that to him. Seen it happen. Of course, it's your trip, man. It''s totally up to you.....

IBen Getiner
Old January 4th 14, 08:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sylvia M[_3_]

"IBen Getiner" wrote in message
On Friday, January 3, 2014 2:00:25 AM UTC-5, Sylvia M wrote:
My cat was gifted with a CatGrass Planter.

The oat and wheat grass is now 4 inches high.

I introduced the planter to my cat, an indoor cat.

She sniffed once and walked away.

I clipped one blade and tried to entice her.

Crushed the blade and held it near her nose...no luck

She has no idea that it is edible...

Now what?

Do most cats know that grass is good for them?

How can I convince her?

T.I.A. for suggestions

Sylvia R

Ever see a kat get a shoot of that krap stuck up in their sinuses? The
way they get it out is to sneeze repeatedly while banging their heads on
the floor. I'd think twice about giving that to him. Seen it happen. Of
course, it's your trip, man. It''s totally up to you.....

IBen Getiner
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You paint a scary picture. I don't doubt its truth.
Thanks for this additional info.

Sylvia M

Old January 6th 14, 03:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

On Fri, 3 Jan 2014 23:09:18 -0800, "Sylvia M"
wrote:

[...]

Pretty much nonsense. My cats eat indoor or outdoor grass and usually
end up upchucking. Many cats do that. It seems to help them out. As
soon as my cats get outside they start chewing the grass. Then they
come inside to upchuck. It's ok, it cleans them out and I get to clean
up a bit of vomit and grass. I just wish they'd do it outside. Or
maybe they do and I don't notice it.

Grass James Dent[_2_] Cat anecdotes 5 December 1st 09 05:15 PM
She won't eat the cat grass! jmcquown Cat anecdotes 9 May 1st 06 06:58 PM
Grass seed question Paul O. Cat health & behaviour 4 December 10th 04 03:38 AM
Sea Grass Melanie's Phony Email Address for NGs Cat health & behaviour 2 September 24th 04 01:22 AM
Cat Grass Rachel Cat health & behaviour 21 September 18th 03 12:00 AM