I can write!

Old April 22nd 15, 08:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

Default I can write!

On Tuesday, April 21, 2015 at 11:15:15 PM UTC+1, Christina Websell wrote:
"Adrian" wrote in message

I used to have nice writing. .

So did I. I used to get praised for how neat it was

But years of using a keyboard means that now...

Well I taking minutes at a meeting last year and afterwards the doctor who was sitting next to me said "Wow! I didn't know you did shorthand!"

The answer was "I don't"

I am famous at work for getting the minutes of meetings out quickly but that's just because if I don't get them down whilst I still remember what was said then I'll have to decipher my handwriting and that's no easy task

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old April 22nd 15, 10:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Adrian" wrote in message

I used to have nice writing. .

So did I. I used to get praised for how neat it was

But years of using a keyboard means that now...

Well I taking minutes at a meeting last year and afterwards the doctor who was sitting next to me said "Wow! I didn't know you did shorthand!"

The answer was "I don't"

I am famous at work for getting the minutes of meetings out quickly but that's just because if I don't get them down whilst I still remember what was said then I'll have to decipher my handwriting and that's no easy task

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

I know what you mean, Lesley. My handwriting has deteriorated terribly,
too.

Joy

--
Joy Unlimited
Colorful Crocheted Critters
Old April 23rd 15, 06:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sylvia M[_3_]

"Adrian" wrote in message

I used to have nice writing. .

So did I. I used to get praised for how neat it was

But years of using a keyboard means that now...

Well I taking minutes at a meeting last year and afterwards the doctor
who was sitting next to me said "Wow! I didn't know you did shorthand!"

The answer was "I don't"

I am famous at work for getting the minutes of meetings out quickly but
that's just because if I don't get them down whilst I still remember what
was said then I'll have to decipher my handwriting and that's no easy
task

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

I was offered job as secretary of the California Writers Club (CWC for
short, ofcourse) but declined. taking minutes is something I don't/can't
do. I watched a Secretary of another group scribble on the Agenda, then she
came up with a page and a half minutes report...I never could. I am
computer interface person for my retired teachers group, that keeps me busy
enough, but at the keyboard, like for our directory etc..

Sylvia

Old April 23rd 15, 05:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Adrian" wrote in message

I used to have nice writing. .

So did I. I used to get praised for how neat it was

But years of using a keyboard means that now...

Well I taking minutes at a meeting last year and afterwards the doctor who
was sitting next to me said "Wow! I didn't know you did shorthand!"

The answer was "I don't"

I am famous at work for getting the minutes of meetings out quickly but
that's just because if I don't get them down whilst I still remember what
was said then I'll have to decipher my handwriting and that's no easy task

I was taught "Marian Richardson" handwriting in school. I'm not sure any
kind of handwriting is taught these days.
I think every child should be taught to write legibly and in a decent
script. What if the computer breaks down?

Old April 23rd 15, 06:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Adrian" wrote in message

[...]

So is handwriting dying out? I hope not. Lydia, Jazz's & Lily's meowmie
once wrote to me. She has beautiful handwriting.
Anyway I can write again, not well, but hey. Certainly not good Marian
Richardson stuff but writing nevertheless.
It's been a huge journey.

Old April 24th 15, 05:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Rusty[_2_]

"Adrian" wrote in message

[...]

Same here. Many times I couldn't even read my own handwriting in notes
I took in a hurry. Look like chicken scratches.
Winnie
Old April 24th 15, 07:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sylvia M[_3_]

wrote:
"Adrian" wrote in message

[...]

Yes it has been. Glad for you.
We take so much for granted, till we don't have it.

Sylvia

Old April 26th 15, 11:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Sylvia M" wrote in message
..

Yes it has been. Glad for you.
We take so much for granted, till we don't have it.

Sylvia

The downside of having my neck repaired to prevent total paralysis was loss
of hand function. That's a choice you don't want to make. I chose the
neck.

Old April 27th 15, 12:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Sylvia M" wrote in message
.

Yes it has been. Glad for you.
We take so much for granted, till we don't have it.

Sylvia

The downside of having my neck repaired to prevent total paralysis was loss
of hand function. That's a choice you don't want to make. I chose the
neck.

I think most, if not all, of us would have made the same choice.

Old April 27th 15, 12:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Adrian" wrote in message

[...]

Unfortunately, yes, handwriting is dying out. We've dug this grave for
ourselves. Technology has taken over. All you need to be able to do
these days is sign your name. No worries about it being pretty cursive.
Or even neat printing.

It's sad, but some things like reading, writing and arithmatic are just
fading away...

Jill