Help - The Phantom Piddler

Old January 20th 08, 01:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Enfilade

Default Help - The Phantom Piddler

We've been having a problem with inappropriate peeing.

The Phantom ****er seems to be targeting soft things on the floor
(coats, clothes, bags, etc.) I've had both my winter jackets ****ed
on, my carry on bag, a pair of jeans, my canvas sneakers, a sleeping
bag, blankets, and the cat bed.

The other week we noticed the cat bed had been ****ed in so we washed
it, dryed it, put it on the floor. We were washing the bedroom litter
box when along came a Nox. She stepped into the cat bed,
sniffed....and ****ed. Dylan yelled and picked her up. She just kept
whizzin' along.

Thing is, we aren't sure if Nox is the Phantom ****er or if she just
mistook the cat bed for a litter box since the real litter box was
gone and the Phantom had hit the cat bed the day before.

Anyway, we took Nocturne to the vet and she has a clean bill of
health. We asked for a urinary test and it came back normal. So
either Nox is ****ing for stress reasons or else she's not the
Phantom. We got more feliway to plug in to try to chill her out. We
had to throw out the donut bed.

Now...last night Tyche was poly in my carry on bag. An hour later, we
smelled a smell and there was a pee puddle on it. Tyche was sleeping
in that donut bed AFTER the Phantom ****er ****ed it and BEFORE we
washed it. It seems like wherever Tyche nests, the Phantom ****er
hits. We are wondering if Tyche is peeing her beds to mark them? Or
if someone is trying to "claim" them FROM Tyche and so, peeing on
them?

We are hoping to take Tyche to the vet next week. I'm so frustrated
that I can't lay out my clothes the night before any more (That's how
the Phantom ****er got my jeans). I have to keep all my closets shut
tight now, and no more polying in drawers for kitties. I really hope
the Phantom doesn't pee on the bedding or couch.

Any advice?

--Fil

PS we have 4 litterboxes, scooped daily, litter changed and box
scrubbed every second week, all uncovered, in 4 different rooms of the
house.
Old January 20th 08, 05:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Enfilade wrote:
[...]

Wish I had advice to give, but I've never experienced inapproriate
peeing with any of my cats. We will purr that the mystery is solved and
the problem resolved soon.

Old January 20th 08, 06:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 17:30:42 -0800, Enfilade wrote:

[...]

Buy some sheet plastic and cover your good furniture until problem is
solved

Old January 20th 08, 11:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Enfilade wrote:
We've been having a problem with inappropriate peeing.

Sorry, no advice, just purrs that the problem can soon be resolved.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old January 20th 08, 01:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

when this happened we took them all at once and they stayed at the vet until
they all peed and got tested, Lee

Old January 20th 08, 06:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Enfilade wrote:
[...]

I can't offer any advice either since the only time I had any inappropriate
peeing was when I didn't realise KFC needed a litterbox because she was too
old to go out to do it anymore.
I can only suggest you keep your clothes off the floor and hope you sort it
out soon.

Tweed

Old January 22nd 08, 02:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Enfilade

Well, I scoured my house this weekend. ALl drawers, closets and
cupboards are shut. There are no clothes laid out any more, and now
the second I take something off, it goes in the closet, not draped on
the back of a chair.

IF someone is really sick, the pee will probably continue, and then
it's time for everyone to go to the vet. If the Phantom was just
hitting targets of opportunity, now that there are no more such
targets, the problem may be over. I hope so.

--Fil

Old January 25th 08, 10:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Enfilade wrote:

We've been having a problem with inappropriate peeing.

snip
Any advice?

--Fil

PS we have 4 litterboxes, scooped daily, litter changed and box
scrubbed every second week, all uncovered, in 4 different rooms of the
house.

Sorry no advice, but lots of purrs and best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek