A Dante Guarantee

Old January 7th 09, 06:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sandy

Default A Dante Guarantee

We want pictures!

Sandy

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message
m...

If you happen to be walking around my house, and you see a lump moving
around under my bedcovers, or in the throw on the daybed, and you go over,
and very gently lift a corner and peek in there, I can practically
guarantee you that you will see Dante with the craziest, insanest, most
deranged, nutzenkookoo, dilated googly eyes ever seen on any cat. Hee!

--
Theresa and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Stinky Forever: http://community.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old January 7th 09, 02:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Sandy" wrote in message
We want pictures!

Sandy

Well, I'll see what I can do. I'll try to have a camera handy when he's
under there, but without the flash, you wouldn't be able to see much, and
the flash would probably spoil the wacko eyes effect.

Old January 8th 09, 12:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

If you happen to be walking around my house, and you see a lump moving
around under my bedcovers, or in the throw on the daybed, and you go over,
and very gently lift a corner and peek in there, I can practically guarantee
you that you will see Dante with the craziest, insanest, most deranged,
nutzenkookoo, dilated googly eyes ever seen on any cat. Hee!

For my Ollie, "Bump Under The Bedspread" is one of his favourite games,
second only to "Catching The Flush". To imagine how this works: we
have a futon on a base set into a recess, so I can only get at the bed
from one side. I first get the duvet down flat, then pick up the
bedspread and fling it across the bed like a fisherman casting a net,
to get it roughly in position. Usually Ollie is nowhere in sight when
I start this operation - often in an another room in the house. But
almost every time, by the time the bedpread lands, there's an Ollie-
sized bump underneath it.

Ollie doesn't do crazy and deranged. I think he's the curly-tailed
ginger reincarnation of an accountant. When you look underneath, his
expression seems to say "what do you mean by disturbing me during
office hours?".

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk ====
Old January 8th 09, 01:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Jack Campin - bogus address wrote:

For my Ollie, "Bump Under The Bedspread" is one of his favourite games,
second only to "Catching The Flush". To imagine how this works: we
have a futon on a base set into a recess, so I can only get at the bed
from one side. I first get the duvet down flat, then pick up the
bedspread and fling it across the bed like a fisherman casting a net,
to get it roughly in position. Usually Ollie is nowhere in sight when
I start this operation - often in an another room in the house. But
almost every time, by the time the bedpread lands, there's an Ollie-
sized bump underneath it.

Ollie doesn't do crazy and deranged. I think he's the curly-tailed
ginger reincarnation of an accountant. When you look underneath, his
expression seems to say "what do you mean by disturbing me during
office hours?".

If he's an accountant, he's one with tremendous speed.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old January 8th 09, 01:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shiral[_2_]

On Jan 7, 4:37*pm, Jack Campin - bogus address
wrote:
[...]

LOL! I love the image of a kitty accountant. =o)
Nina loves to play bump under the blanket, too. She retreats there
when strangers come to the door or when Big Suck comes out of the
closet. Then she stays there well after the visitor is gone or after
the vacuuming is done as if to prove she didn't get under there
because she was scared. She just really likes it under there, you
know?

Melissa

==== j a c k *at *c a m p i n . m e . u k *=== *http://www.campin.me.uk ====
CD-ROMs and free stuff: *Scottish music, food intolerance, and Mac logic fonts

Old January 8th 09, 02:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Shiral wrote:

Nina loves to play bump under the blanket, too. She retreats there
when strangers come to the door or when Big Suck comes out of the
closet. Then she stays there well after the visitor is gone or after
the vacuuming is done as if to prove she didn't get under there
because she was scared. She just really likes it under there, you
know?

Ha! I'll bet it just takes her a long time to get over the scare.

Licky used to be AWOL for a long time after someone came over, or after
I used the you-know-what. He's doing a lot better now, and pops his
head out a lot sooner after visitors leave (and sometimes even before!).
He even comes out fairly soon after the sucky monster has stopped sucking.

However, he doesn't burrow under the covers - he dives under the bed
itself. I guess he needs a stronger fortress than blankets can provide.

--
Joyce ^..^

Thank you, Dante! Kreisleriana Cat anecdotes 10 November 10th 06 08:29 PM
job guarantee... Joe Canuck Cat health & behaviour 1 May 9th 06 12:25 AM
Dante? Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 5 February 12th 06 09:38 AM
Dante Hat Kreisleriana Cat anecdotes 5 December 31st 05 04:25 AM
Thank you, Dante! Kreisleriana Cat anecdotes 10 November 17th 05 06:24 PM