4 week old kitten with messed up eyes

Old July 18th 03, 12:02 AM
Gail

Default 4 week old kitten with messed up eyes

Try using a damp, warm wash cloth and gently clean his eyes.
Gail
"Aaron Keith" wrote in message
I have a new litter and one of the kittens wakes up every morning with its

eyes
sealed shut with a crust and drainage...what can I do to solve this

problem?
Thanks for your help.

aaron keith

Old July 18th 03, 08:21 PM
Bill

We cut up a new sponge into small pieces and use these, dipped in warm
water, to clean the kittens' eyes.

This sounds like the "eye thing" that kittens commonly get. It usually
resolves itself, but it takes awhile, three weeks or a month. It can be
quite infectious, so the other kittens will probably come down with the same
thing.

You can take the kitten to the vet, and they usually prescribe an antibiotic
of some sort. It still takes the same amount of time for the infection to
clear, but the drugs reduce the possibility of a secondary infection taking
hold.

Bill