Found a lump

Old November 6th 07, 02:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MoMo via CatKB.com

Default Found a lump

Hi guys. Hoping to get some helpful info, as I usually do here. First, I am
taking Jack to the vet, but in the meantime, I am posting here. Jack is my 6
year old, slightly overweight beauty. The other night, Saturday I believe it
was, I felt what appears to be a lump. It is inbetween his right hind leg
and his back. I keep trying to convince myself that it is just a muscle, but
the more I feel it, the more I think it is a lump and I am beginning to work
myself up into a frenzy thinking it is cancer. I know no one here can advise
as to whether or not it is cancer, but I was hoping to just get some positive
feedback between now and the vets visit so I don't completely loose my mind.
Thanks!

Old November 6th 07, 02:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
AZ Nomad

On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 02:27:08 GMT, MoMo via CatKB.com u27647@uwe wrote:

Hi guys. Hoping to get some helpful info, as I usually do here. First, I am
taking Jack to the vet, but in the meantime, I am posting here. Jack is my 6
year old, slightly overweight beauty. The other night, Saturday I believe it
was, I felt what appears to be a lump. It is inbetween his right hind leg
and his back. I keep trying to convince myself that it is just a muscle, but
the more I feel it, the more I think it is a lump and I am beginning to work
myself up into a frenzy thinking it is cancer. I know no one here can advise
as to whether or not it is cancer, but I was hoping to just get some positive
feedback between now and the vets visit so I don't completely loose my mind.
Thanks!

My kitty had a lump that turned out, IIRC, to be a cyst, basically a giant
(1/3") zit. It would get bigger some times of the year, smaller at other
times. After nearly two years, I had it removed surgically.

Have a vet check it out.
Old November 6th 07, 02:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL

"MoMo via CatKB.com" u27647@uwe wrote in message news:7ac96bde2ee94@uwe...
[...]

I also would be greatly concerned, and I am glad you are taking Jack to a
vet. Please do so as soon as possible. In particular, ask about the
possibility of carcinoma related to vaccination. All vets now have a
protocol where they inject in specific locations (rabies in one location,
othe injections in other locations, etc.) so they will be able to trace
problems to particular immunizations.

How long has it been since Jack had any immunizations?

Best of luck with this! Please keep us updated -- I surely hope that my
fears are unfounded.

MaryL

Old November 6th 07, 02:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MoMo via CatKB.com

The last time he had any shots was 5 1/2 years ago. He is an indoor cat so I
do not keep him up to date with vaccinations like rabies. I read about that
vaccination related sarcome but I honestly don't believe either of my guys
have had the rabies vaccine.

MaryL wrote:
Hi guys. Hoping to get some helpful info, as I usually do here. First, I
am

[quoted text clipped - 14 lines]

Old November 7th 07, 09:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Spot[_2_]

I wouldn't worry just yet it might be nothing more than a fatty cyst. I had
a cat who was loaded with them his whole life they are really pretty common
for cats to develop as they get older.

Celeste

Old November 8th 07, 01:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MoMo via CatKB.com

Thank you Celeste! I really hope that is what it is. I also realized today
that the spot is also where my other cat grabs on to him with his claws when
he wants to play, so I was thinking maybe it is something associated with
that. I am going to try and get him to the vet on Saturday (by that I mean,
getting him in the crate). Otherwise, he seems just fine, i.e good appetite
and energy.