Maryweather went to the Rainbow Bridge

Old July 19th 08, 04:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ted Davis[_2_]

Default Maryweather went to the Rainbow Bridge

On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 21:35:41 -0500, Daniel Mahoney wrote:

Well, I buried her beside the pump house - the first place I tried where
the ground wasn't rock hard. In an effort to keep the neighbor's dogs
from digging her up, I put two concrete slabs of about 20 pounds each on
top of her grave (what with the ground being hard, me being in poor
health, and the light rapidly failing, I wasn't able to dig as deep as I
would have liked.

I am so very sorry, Ted. Thank you for offering her a life where she knew
happiness and love.

She and her brother were dumped at the end of a road at the edge of town
when they were just kittens. Not a good start in life. They were found
and advertised, and I took them both in. I still have the brother, but
he's not friendly as Maryweather was - she was a lap and foot (in bed)
cat, and liked to cuddle next to me - usually one of the first to seek
attention when I went to bed.

I thank all of you for your purrs and concern.

--

T.E.D. ) MST (Missouri University of Science and Technology)
used to be UMR (University of Missouri - Rolla).

Old July 19th 08, 05:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

I am sorry Ted
"Ted Davis" wrote in message
news
I stepped outside for a moment and when I started back in I saw
Maryweather lying dead under the back steps. I can't bury her right now
because the reason I was headed back inside was that there were skunks
only a few feet away. No visible injuries - I have no idea what killed
her, though there is a severe upper respiratory illness going around and
Tigger has the runs. I hadn't seen her in several days, but that is not
unusual.

She was my pretty little calico:
67.54.246.139:9000/tdavis/cats/camouflage.600x400.jpg
and 67.54.246.139:9000/tdavis/cats/03.jan/mary.267x400.1.jpg

Later -

Old July 19th 08, 05:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Jul 18, 7:10*pm, Ted Davis wrote:
I stepped outside for a moment and when I started back in I saw
Maryweather lying dead under the back steps.

Purrs and prayers from us over here

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old July 19th 08, 09:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=`[_2_]

I am so sorry to hear about Maryweather. Purrs for her safe trip to The
Bridge and purrs and prayers for your poor broken heart.
Hug
Kyla

"Ted Davis" I stepped outside for a moment and when I started back in I

Old July 19th 08, 09:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Ted Davis" wrote in message
news
I stepped outside for a moment and when I started back in I saw
Maryweather lying dead under the back steps. I can't bury her right now
because the reason I was headed back inside was that there were skunks
only a few feet away. No visible injuries - I have no idea what killed
her, though there is a severe upper respiratory illness going around and
Tigger has the runs. I hadn't seen her in several days, but that is not
unusual.

She was my pretty little calico:

I'm sorry Ted.

Pam S.

Old July 20th 08, 06:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 21:10:23 -0500, Ted Davis wrote:

[...]

I'm very sorry for your loss.

I simply cannot imagine to find your beloved cat dead.

I have lit a candle for Maryweather, in my very special candle holder in
the shape of a sleeping cat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein

Old July 20th 08, 03:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ted Davis[_2_]

On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 05:31:43 +0000, Gandalf wrote:

I simply cannot imagine to find your beloved cat dead.

I have a large clowder - fourteen now. Most often, a cat goes off
somewhere and just doesn't come back, but sometimes, one dies near the
house ... or inside, and I find the body. It hurts more than when they
just don't come back.

I have lit a candle for Maryweather, in my very special candle holder in
the shape of a sleeping cat.

I'd like to have one of those, but on the other hand, it would make me
feel like I was expecting them to die. I guess I won't be looking for one
after all.

One curious thing is that her brother (Dandy - red tabby and white) has
started being a little less unfriendly: he has let me pet him a couple of
times when Mudpie wasn't around (before, I could touch him only if he was
with an alpha male, specifically, Mudpie).

Old July 20th 08, 06:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M[_3_]

Ted Davis wrote:
[...]

I'm so sorry for your the loss of your beautiful Maryweather.

Susan M
Otis and Chester
Old July 21st 08, 05:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Ted Davis wrote:

I stepped outside for a moment and when I started back in I saw
Maryweather lying dead under the back steps. I can't bury her right now
because the reason I was headed back inside was that there were skunks
only a few feet away. No visible injuries - I have no idea what killed
her, though there is a severe upper respiratory illness going around and
Tigger has the runs. I hadn't seen her in several days, but that is not
unusual.

She was my pretty little calico:
http://67.54.246.139:9000/tdavis/cat...ge.600x400.jpg
and http://67.54.246.139:9000/tdavis/cat....267x400.1.jpg

I'm so sorry! That must have been a shock. My group sends purrs, for
her to have had a peaceful passing, without suffering.

Thanks for posting the photos. She was a sweet-looking kitty. I love the
one in the leaves - she certainly was well camouflaged in those colors.

Purrs from me a bit late, returning home from a weekend away.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old July 23rd 08, 09:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Ted Davis wrote:
[...]

Lots of purrs,
Polonca and Soncek

15: Rainbow Bridge David Stevenson Cat anecdotes 0 February 11th 07 01:26 AM
Rainbow Bridge MoMo via CatKB.com Cat anecdotes 10 January 20th 07 02:35 AM
Rainbow Bridge Bev Cat anecdotes 3 May 25th 04 11:32 PM
Rainbow Bridge Bev Cat anecdotes 3 April 5th 04 08:15 PM
Rainbow bridge? Tony Stanford Cat health & behaviour 2 August 12th 03 10:36 AM