Anyone ever accidentally run over a cat with a bike tire?

Old June 8th 04, 11:55 PM
Yowie

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
If anybody here would like to contribute to get this troll fired, a guy
in one of the rec.aquaria.* newsgroups traced his posts back to his
employer. I'll be glad to provide the link.

Naw,

As much as trolls are trolls, its not the worst troll. In fact, if you read
it with sympathy, it might be just a badly written but otherwise "real"
post. The poster did not glorify the death of the cat, and it seems that the
death was an accident rather than intentional. The fact that the cat will be
"bittersweetly missed" tells me that perhaps we should give the poster the
benefit of the doubt.

Therfore I can't be *sure* that it was an intentional troll, or just someone
who doesn't quite understand our culture here (its happened before). If it
was a genuine (but misguided) post, I can't see why we'd try to get him or
her fired just because he or she used their work account to post to Usenet.
I post to this group from my place of employment (well did, before I went on
maternity leave) and I'd hate to have someone try to get me fired just
because they took an objection to one of my posts.

Troll behaviour would have to be alot worse before I even thought of
reporting it to their ISP. It would have to be extreme and very frequent for
me to try and get that person fired (even obnoxious people need their jobs.
If they don't have jobs, they tend to be worse). Mostly I'd ignore it or
post a recipe. And in this case, I'm not 100% sure whether it was trollery
or just a misunderstanding about what we in this group like to read about.

Yowie

Old June 9th 04, 03:23 AM
Victor Martinez

Yowie wrote:
post a recipe. And in this case, I'm not 100% sure whether it was trollery
or just a misunderstanding about what we in this group like to read about.

Trust me, it's a troll. He posted in the aquaria newsgroups about how
he'd dumped a bottle of vodka in his friend's fish tank and killed all
the fish.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old June 9th 04, 04:24 AM

Yowie wrote:

As much as trolls are trolls, its not the worst troll. In fact, if you
read it with sympathy, it might be just a badly written but otherwise
"real" post.

I'm sure it was a troll. At first I wasn't, but the part about stashing
the body in the neighbor's yard to avoid guilt was the clincher.

Right now I'm making some fabulous chicken soup. It's easy and very
popular in my circle.

Joyce's Chicken Soup recipe

4 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken thighs
one large yellow onion
several cloves of garlic
two potatoes
a few handfuls of baby carrots
a whole mess of green beans
a can of corn
4 chicken buillon cubes
spices: salt, pepper, dill, rosemary

- Sautee the onions and garlic at bottom of large soup pot
- When they're brown, pour in water
- Add cut up veggies and corn
- Throw in spices and buillon cubes
- Dump in the chicken

- Cook for an hour or two...

Before eating, take out the cooked chicken pieces and cut them
up into smaller pieces, then dump them back in.

Joyce - going to go eat some soon!

Old June 9th 04, 04:45 AM
Karen Chuplis

in article , Yowie at
wrote on 6/8/04 5:55 PM:

[...]

This guy also hits the equine groups. Funny thing is, it usually leads to
soemthing else entirely. I guess he's just not a very good troll.