Anyone ever accidentally run over a cat with a bike tire?

Old June 9th 04, 04:48 PM
Jo Firey

"lewe" wrote in message ...

with that said - a good summery recipy anyone?
I'm interested in a new "whole-chicken-in-the-oven" angle ...
most often I end up doing it kind of Greek with lemon, oregano and such,
maybe stuffed with feta ...
fresh spicy ideas?
(hungry - and it's just past breakfast here ..)
--
:: lewe

This time of year I like to roast a chicken with lots of fresh rosemary just
under the skin. I like garlic with rosemary so put a few cloves inside,
maybe with some celery tops and apple slices.

Jo

Old June 9th 04, 04:59 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Here's this evening's recipe for Chateau Simmons

Pasta with pesto, mushrooms and bacon

Pasta (shape of own choice)

*lean* dry-cure bacon snipped into narrow strips.

Fry bacon until crispy.

In the bacon fat, perhpas add a little bit of olive oil & use this to saute the
mushrooms (which have been sliced).

Mix bacon & mushrooms together with some nice green pesto and keep warm

Stir the above into freshly cooked pasta.

Eat.

Delicious.

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old June 9th 04, 05:29 PM
SUQKRT

In article , "lewe"
wrote:

with that said - a good summery recipy anyone?
I'm interested in a new "whole-chicken-in-the-oven" angle ... most often I end

up doing it kind of Greek with lemon, oregano and such, maybe stuffed with feta
fresh spicy ideas?
(hungry - and it's just past breakfast here ..)
--
:: lewe
---------------

Marinate in a combination of Tariaki sauce and pineapple juice with a bit of
ginger and garlic.
Suz
Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

Waiting for inspiration. Please hold while I contemplate my navel.

|\__/|
(=':'=)
(")_(")

Old June 9th 04, 07:17 PM
Tanada

Sherry wrote:

ROFL! No, really! You open the beer can. There's even a special rack you can
buy to keep the chicken upright.
But what *I* want to know, is where this recipe originated. Who was the first
person, standing outside grilling with a beer in his hand, to say "Hey. I think
I"ll put this here Bud Lite up this chicken's butt and see what happens."

LOL, he'd probably had all but one in the case before he thought of it.
Or it could have been a bunch of guys standing around the grill
talking about strange things they've cooked, and one of them brought up
basting the chicken with beer and then another one said....

Pam S. who's watched that sort of thing happen