So lazy!

Old December 9th 05, 06:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default So lazy!

Well, this just about takes the biscuit!
I like to feed my two wet food as much as possible, although Boyfie much
prefers dry. It is a lot cheaper to feed from tins, but they prefer
pouches, so pouches it is..
They both said they would quite like a little something just now, so I went
to get two pouches out of the porch which is where I keep the cat food.
The first mistake I made was to not get identical flavours. One was rabbit
and liver, and the other was chicken and turkey. This leads to much
swapping of bowls in case "yours is nicer than mine."
The second mistake was not realising how cold it is in the porch because
these pouches were "in jelly" and when cut open and pressed out into their
dishes they came out as a firm snackie with the little pieces of meat set
into the jelly. Which leads me to admit my third mistake..I usually get
them the pouches "in gravy" so we do not have this problem.

Oh, yes, they gathered round their dishes in anticipation. Can you beleive
this, though? When they discovered it was not easy to eat, i.e. they
actually had to lick hard at the jelly to separate the meat out, they said
it was too difficult and they didn't want it!!
So what did I do? I took the bowls up, squashed it all up with a fork and
put them down again. Result? Oh, yes, yummy, yummy, let me at it.
I can't believe I was so manipulated ;-)
Methinks these cats are not very hungry and getting rather spoilt.

Tweed

Old December 9th 05, 06:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Christina Websell" wrote

Well, this just about takes the biscuit!

them the pouches "in gravy" so we do not have this problem.

I took the bowls up, squashed it all up with a fork and put them down
again. Result? Oh, yes, yummy, yummy, let me at it.
I can't believe I was so manipulated ;-)

Then I must be truly downtrodden, 'coz my boys prefer their tinned meats in
jelly and it has never - in too many years to admit to - ever even occurred
to me NOT to split the chunks up into munchable pieces.

Serfully yours
Gordon the Gofer

Old December 9th 05, 06:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Exocat" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote

Well, this just about takes the biscuit!

them the pouches "in gravy" so we do not have this problem.

I took the bowls up, squashed it all up with a fork and put them down
again. Result? Oh, yes, yummy, yummy, let me at it.
I can't believe I was so manipulated ;-)

Then I must be truly downtrodden, 'coz my boys prefer their tinned meats

in
jelly and it has never - in too many years to admit to - ever even

occurred
to me NOT to split the chunks up into munchable pieces.

Serfully yours
Gordon the Gofer

Mine won't eat the tinned food no matter what brand I try! My former cats
on Maui split a can in the morning and in the afternoon and they wouldn't
touch it if I didn't chop it up for them. Silly little creatures. :~)

kili

Old December 9th 05, 07:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

So what did I do? I took the bowls up, squashed it all up with a fork and
put them down again. Result? Oh, yes, yummy, yummy, let me at it.
I can't believe I was so manipulated ;-)
Methinks these cats are not very hungry and getting rather spoilt.

Oh yes, they have you well trained, no doubt about it.

lol

Jane
- owned and operated by Princess Rita
Old December 9th 05, 07:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Exocat wrote:
"Christina Websell" wrote

Well, this just about takes the biscuit!

them the pouches "in gravy" so we do not have this problem.

I took the bowls up, squashed it all up with a fork and put them down
again. Result? Oh, yes, yummy, yummy, let me at it.
I can't believe I was so manipulated ;-)

Then I must be truly downtrodden, 'coz my boys prefer their tinned
meats in jelly and it has never - in too many years to admit to -
ever even occurred to me NOT to split the chunks up into munchable
pieces.
Serfully yours
Gordon the Gofer

LOL! Yours aren't hungry either.
Tweed

Old December 9th 05, 07:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Jane wrote:
So what did I do? I took the bowls up, squashed it all up with a
fork and put them down again. Result? Oh, yes, yummy, yummy, let
me at it.
I can't believe I was so manipulated ;-)
Methinks these cats are not very hungry and getting rather spoilt.

Oh yes, they have you well trained, no doubt about it.

lol

Yes, that's what I'm afraid of!
Anyone would think it was frozen or something, instead of of being just in
firm jelly. They have obviously forgotten their feral times when anything
resembling food would have been scoffed up.
I hope they *have* forgotten those times, actually, but it's not exactly a
hard task for them to eat a food in a firm jelly, is it? They will get it
again until the box of pouches is empty, then I guess I will go back to the
gravy ones.

Tweed

Old December 9th 05, 07:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

The food may be too cold for them, if you're storing it
where it can freeze. They'll probably eat it anyway, but I
don't imagine it's good for them, especially if the weather
is cold. You'd think cats would know better, but I once had
a semi-feral who adored ice-cream. The one time I decided
to give him a full portion of the stuff (I was a kid, and
didn't know any better) he kept licking away at it, despite
it making him so cold he was shivering violently!

Old December 9th 05, 07:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Christina Websell" wrote

LOL! Yours aren't hungry either.

Not hungry ENOUGH, but you wouldn't get _them_ to admit to that: when I'm in
the kitchen at any time other than immediately after they've eaten they're
to be found either perched expectantly beside a food bowl (or where one
would be) looking at me with large starving eyes (Peri RB was particularly
adept at that) or twirling in between my feet.

Visiting the kitchen is one way I can be sure of getting attention, and
they've even taught Raki the d-pet the same trick.

Slavishly yourn
G Baldrick, Serf.

Old December 9th 05, 08:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

The food is not frozen, merely cool enough to set the jelly. I'm not yet
quite daft enough to offer my cats frozen food :-P

Tweed

Old December 9th 05, 08:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

I think you should have put them in the microwave for about 20 seconds so it
wasn't too cold for their delicate tummies. ;o)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.