Trip Ideas?

Old June 20th 10, 05:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bruce

Default Trip Ideas?

On Jun 19, 6:31*pm, tanadashoes wrote:
If things go decently in the next six months, I may have enough money
for a few trips. *So, I'm looking at information on the net and sending
for some and trying to decide where to visit and when. *Suggestions and
ideas are really appreciated. *Matthew, where do you get your cruise
information at and where do I find out if there are cruises that don't
require a passport?

The wish list is endless. *The USA, of course, especially a trip up the
Mississippi River on a paddle boat; The British Isles, Germany, Finland,
Slovenia, Italy and Greece Islands, New Zealand, Australia, The
Caribbean Islands, Canada, and so forth.

Pam S. *looking for personal tour guides and travel buddies

Being from the "jumping-off" (where many cruise ships set sail from
USA)
there are media stories about this every week in the local media,
which of
course the residents mostly ignore as they are not frequent passengers
on cruises. This website may or may not be helpful with your decision,
if a cruise is what you want.
http://usgovinfo.about.com/library/w...greensheet.htm

as someone who grew up in the area of their home ports and/or where
they "set sail", advice is frequently printed locally to avoid sailing
on
ships "registered" in odd third-world countries (Liberia is a popular
country
of registry for them) as in case of any problem whatsoever you have no
recourse as USA does not have any influence except to "make official
protests", which result in nothing. You can check this out from many
sources, and do not have to take my word for this cautionary research.
Somewhere on the Net you can find out where any ship is registered.
I personally would not sail on any but USA or UK registered, but don't
get nervous about this, just businesslike and thorough.
Old June 20th 10, 06:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

Ok coming out of lurking. Not been in the mood to be in the groups seen a
little too much bickering for my taste right now. Blanket purrs and prayers
to all that need it.

Pam anywhere that goes outside the US now you need a passport which are
simple to get now. http://travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html

I go down to the Bahamas using carnival or royal Caribbean going out of Port
Canaveral. For my self only I pay about $350 for a 5 day 4 night cruise;
that includes insurance and prepaid gratuities but I go usually in January
since IT IS HOT AS ALL HELL IN FLORIDA right now. Typical Caribbean temp
reflect the temps of Florida. It cost more to travel by yourself since they
bases everything on double occupancy

Right now travel is cheap out of Florida due to hurricane season

As for travel overseas I am not sure It has been years since I have been
and the only place I would love to go is down under the last time I looked
about 8 months ago It was a about $3800 for me with airfare and a 10 day
stay in a nice hotel.

I can answer what ever you need about cruising out of Florida

I went to www.orbitz.com and looked up a cruise in august starting per
person interior for a 7 day eastern Caribbean cruise they start at $549.00
Departs From Port Canaveral, Florida visiting Nassau, Bahamas; Charlotte
Amalie, St. Thomas; Philipsburg, St. Martin

I never get a balcony unless it is a free upgrade I figure if I want to look
at water I will go upstairs to the Lido deck grab a glass of milk plus a
piece of red velvet cake too look at the stars

Also check with your credit card companies IF you have AAA or AARP they
offer great discounts

Also Pam have you been on a cruise before. If not I would recommend only
doing a 5 day one to start. I personally at the 5th day I am ready to be
home.

You got my gmail email if not I will hit you up with my personal one

m...

Old June 20th 10, 07:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^,,^=

I'm making my fifth trip to Australia in a couple of months. If you want
any tips about Australia, feel free to email me. I can tell you more than
you probably want to know about the land down under, and even recommend a
couple of books about it.

Joy

Seattle is a beautiful place to visit as well, with many wonderful things to
see.
The Pike Place Public Market with the 'fish throwing' and venders is a must
to see and the ferry rides are wonderful. I was there 4 years ago when my
youngest sister and her husband were in town with the Mormon Tabernacle
Choir, (my BIL sang in the choir before he was felled by a stroke last Nov,
at choir practice, about the time of my seizure..he is okay now, thank God)
when I was still able to walk, with the aid of crutches...we had so much
fun.
Joy, if you're ever here, I would love to have the chance to meet you.
Australia sounds like a place I would love to visit, and I have a few online
friends who live there.
Still can't get a hold of Flippy for some reason..stupid computer.
I would love to meet her..a wonderful woman she is.
Love
Kyla

Old June 20th 10, 08:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Joy wrote:
[...]

YAY!!!! This is among the things I'm looking for. Am also looking at
what to pack as I'm among those who take my "Nook" I-pod, and lap top
traveling with me.

Pam S

What you pack will depend on two things - what time of year you go, and what
sort of activities that interest you. If night life is your thing, I won't
be much help as far as information or advice. However, in Australia, people
seldom dress up very much. I think the only place I saw men wearing suits
was in Sydney. I assume they were businessmen on their way to or from work.
And some of those suits had shorts rather than long pants.

Joy

Old June 20th 10, 08:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Bruce" wrote in message
On Jun 19, 6:48 pm, "Joy" wrote:
[...]

Do not try to cuddle the koalas. From one who did.

***

Heck, cuddling a koala was the highlight of my first trip to Australia! If
it's something you've always wanted to do, go to Queensland, where it's
legal, and do it!

Joy

Old June 20th 10, 08:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

I have relatives in Alaska, so I can provide a little information about
Alaska too, though not as much as about Australia.

--
Joy

Don't believe everything you think

"Stormmee" wrote in message
i have talked at length with my father about this and i think i agree with
his next pick for a cruise, its the one that takes you by train up through
cananada, then you cruise in alaska then train back down the west coast of
us/canananada, Lee

Old June 20th 10, 08:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Joy" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Joy, I'm planning a trip to Australia, New Zealand, and Figi. Is it
alright if I send email for that same type of information?

Thanks,
MaryL

Absolutely! Be sure to include any specific questions you have, and what
sort of thing you're interested in.

Joy

Old June 20th 10, 08:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"tanadashoes" wrote in message
m...
If things go decently in the next six months, I may have enough money for
a few trips. So, I'm looking at information on the net and sending for
some and trying to decide where to visit and when. Suggestions and ideas
are really appreciated. Matthew, where do you get your cruise
information at and where do I find out if there are cruises that don't
require a passport?

The wish list is endless. The USA, of course, especially a trip up the
Mississippi River on a paddle boat; The British Isles, Germany, Finland,
Slovenia, Italy and Greece Islands, New Zealand, Australia, The Caribbean
Islands, Canada, and so forth.

Pam S. looking for personal tour guides and travel buddies

Pam, I suggest that you go ahead and get a passport. The process is easy,
and you would be prepared if you go somewhere where one is required. You
would be much better off to go ahead and get one now rather than worry
later about whether you had enough time.

MaryL

I agree - a passport is a good thing to have. However, I strongly recommend
making an appointment with a post office that handles them. I went to renew
mine a few weeks ago, and didn't have an appointment. I stood in line for
45 minutes - and then passed out. I got a ride in an ambulance, and all
sorts of tests. Nothing conclusive was decided, but it appears my blood
pressure dropped drastically while I was standing there.

Joy

Old June 20th 10, 08:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Kyla =^,,^=" wrote in message

[...]

Thanks, Kyla. I'll make a point of it if I ever get up that way.

Incidentally, if any RPCAers ever visit the Los Angeles area, I'd love to
touch bases, and even play tour guide.

Joy

Old June 20th 10, 09:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine BA[_3_]

20.6.2010 7:53, MaryL kirjoitti:

[...]

And it's not like you can come to Burope without a passport anyway...

--
Christine in Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com

Any Ideas? Will in New Haven Cat anecdotes 8 September 17th 07 05:22 AM
Any Ideas? jofirey Cat anecdotes 0 September 16th 07 07:14 PM
Any Ideas? Christine K. Cat anecdotes 0 September 16th 07 06:53 PM
any ideas. Andrew Brown Cat health & behaviour 6 August 10th 04 04:00 PM