Shadow hasn't changed!

Old January 20th 11, 10:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default Shadow hasn't changed!

Just as i was getting in the car to go to work, I saw Shadow down the
street. I just had to go and say hello.

Clearly, someone is looking after her, although I don't know who. She's
well fed and her coat is clean and doesn't have any burrs or matts in
it. She looked good.

She didn't respond to me calling out "Shadow", but didn't run away from
me either. She hissed and spitted, but moved in to my hand and
*insisted* I gave her a good scritching even whilst hissing and spitting
at me.

Poor mixed up girl.

I'm glad she's Ok, and clearly, she hasn't changed a bit!

Yowie

Old January 20th 11, 07:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Yowie" wrote in message
Just as i was getting in the car to go to work, I saw Shadow down the
street. I just had to go and say hello.

Clearly, someone is looking after her, although I don't know who. She's
well fed and her coat is clean and doesn't have any burrs or matts in it.
She looked good.

She didn't respond to me calling out "Shadow", but didn't run away from me
either. She hissed and spitted, but moved in to my hand and *insisted* I
gave her a good scritching even whilst hissing and spitting at me.

Poor mixed up girl.

I'm glad she's Ok, and clearly, she hasn't changed a bit!

Yowie

It's good to know she's okay and has apparently found a home that works for
her.

Joy

Old January 20th 11, 09:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bruce

On Jan 20, 3:04*am, Yowie wrote:
Just as i was getting in the car to go to work, I saw Shadow down the
street. I just had to go and say hello.

Clearly, someone is looking after her, although I don't know who. She's
well fed and her coat is clean and doesn't have any burrs or matts in
it. She looked good.

She didn't respond to me calling out "Shadow", but didn't run away from
me either. She hissed and spitted, but moved in to my hand and
*insisted* I gave her a good scritching even whilst hissing and spitting
at me.

Poor mixed up girl.

I'm glad she's Ok, and clearly, she hasn't changed a bit!

Yowie

Missed beginning of this but glad you reunited, however briefly, with
what I
assume is your long-lost and missed - if grouchy - pet. She obviously,
it
seems to me, remembered you affirmate way.
Old January 21st 11, 05:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

In ,
Bruce typed:
On Jan 20, 3:04 am, Yowie wrote:
[...]

I rescued Shadow from a hideous situation a few years ago - she'd been
locked/trapped in the garage of an apartment with no food or water for
goodness knows how long,; the previous humans had moved out. She was only
discovered when new tenants moved in (and couldn't keep her, since the
apartment didn't allow pets). We have no idea whether the previous tenants
were her 'owners' or whether she got trapped in there by accident, all I
know is that she was desexed before I got her, ebcause when I put her in for
desexing, they couldn't find anything to remove!.

She was affectionate, but also very very cranky. She would hisspit at pretty
much anyone and everyone, and i suspect that in her previous life,m there
was abuse issues - sudden movements of any sort scared the life out of her.
I brought her home, chipped her, tried to desex her, and otherwise loved her
as best I could, but she kept escaping from our house at every opportunity -
and she also entirely failed to even tolerate with my other two cats (they
did their best to make friends, she'd have none of it). Eventually after
placing 'missing cat' ads around for the neighbourhood too many times, it
was clear she wasn't happy at our house, and was going to rehome herself
whether we liked it or not. I found the family that she had chosen, and
handed over all her papers plus her box, foodbowl and toys. However, as it
turns out, domestic life did not seem to suit her there either, and she
quickly escaped yet again. Half the neighbourhood knows her as the cat that
lives in the stormwater drains (the tunnels open up to a creek very near our
house) - perhaps she lives on the rats, mice and frogs down there, and
perhaps she's finally found a home that allows her to spend a fair bit of
time down there. Its just nice to know that she's looking healthy - and I
guess thats about as much as I can ask for her -she clearly hadn't mellowed
any

Yowie

Old January 21st 11, 07:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"Yowie" wrote:
[...]

Poor little wild kitty. The Out calls to something in her. Maybe she
just needs to become an older cat before she retires and settles down
and spends more time indoors.
Old January 21st 11, 09:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Yowie wrote:

...was clear she wasn't happy at our house, and was going to rehome herself
whether we liked it or not. I found the family that she had chosen, and
handed over all her papers plus her box, foodbowl and toys. However, as it
turns out, domestic life did not seem to suit her there either, and she
quickly escaped yet again.

Too bad she and Smudge live so far apart - maybe they could have been
outdoor buddies.

Hmm... on second though, probably not. Other than Roxy, who was a kitten
when they were introduced, I've never met a cat that Smudge has been
willing to tolerate. And now she doesn't even like Roxy anymore. She also
has feuds with cats she knows outside. She's a people cat. Kind of the
mirror image of me.

Joyce

--
Excuse for Not Doing One's Homework:
My pit bull, here, ate it. -- J.D. Berry, Springfield