Jimy Dean

Old June 19th 10, 11:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Default Jimy Dean

One hit wonder my foot. That is if you only consider the one song that
crossed from country to the POP chart. He had a couple of TV shows, Gobs of
top 40 hits and acted in several movies. His last hit I. O. U. written for
his mother was a number one.

There was a lot to this man who deserves better than to be called A One Hit
Wonder.

Old June 19th 10, 11:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

No cluons were harmed when Granby wrote:

There was a lot to this man who deserves better than to be called A
One Hit Wonder.

Amen! Whay you said!

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Old June 20th 10, 12:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bruce

On Jun 19, 4:37*pm, Mark Edwards wrote:
No cluons were harmed when Granby wrote:

There was a lot to this man who deserves better than to be called A
One Hit Wonder.

Amen! Whay you said!

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

One folk hero at a time, please. Some of us are still trying to figure
out
who Spider Robinson is or was.
Old June 20th 10, 12:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

On Jun 19, 5:02*pm, Bruce wrote:
On Jun 19, 4:37*pm, Mark Edwards wrote:

No cluons were harmed when Granby wrote:

There was a lot to this man who deserves better than to be called A
One Hit Wonder.

Amen! Whay you said!

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

One folk hero at a time, please. Some of us are still trying to figure
out
who Spider Robinson is or was.

Quick Google says SciFi writer (and apparently a very good one).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider_Robinson
Old June 20th 10, 12:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bruce

On Jun 19, 5:18*pm, "Smokie Darling (Annie)"
wrote:
On Jun 19, 5:02*pm, Bruce wrote:

On Jun 19, 4:37*pm, Mark Edwards wrote:

No cluons were harmed when Granby wrote:

There was a lot to this man who deserves better than to be called A
One Hit Wonder.

Amen! Whay you said!

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

One folk hero at a time, please. Some of us are still trying to figure
out
who Spider Robinson is or was.

Quick Google says SciFi writer (and apparently a very good one).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider_Robinson

Why, thank you. That shed some light.
Old June 20th 10, 12:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in message
On Jun 19, 5:02 pm, Bruce wrote:
On Jun 19, 4:37 pm, Mark Edwards wrote:

No cluons were harmed when Granby wrote:

There was a lot to this man who deserves better than to be called A
One Hit Wonder.

Amen! Whay you said!

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

One folk hero at a time, please. Some of us are still trying to figure
out
who Spider Robinson is or was.

Quick Google says SciFi writer (and apparently a very good one).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider_Robinson

Exactly! He has a great sense of humor. Most of his stories show that. I
was fortunate enough to see him speak in person at a Sci-Fi convention (the
only one I ever attended) once. There are some advantages in living near a
big city. Being able to see famous people in person is one of the biggest
ones.

Joy

Old June 20th 10, 12:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

On Jun 19, 5:02 pm, Bruce wrote:
On Jun 19, 4:37 pm, Mark Edwards wrote:

No cluons were harmed when Granby wrote:

There was a lot to this man who deserves better than to be called A
One Hit Wonder.

Amen! Whay you said!

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

One folk hero at a time, please. Some of us are still trying to figure
out
who Spider Robinson is or was.

Quick Google says SciFi writer (and apparently a very good one).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider_Robinson

====================

A *GOOD* one!!???? You must mean a *GREAT* one, the best, finest, most
articuate, most inspired, most spiritual, deepest, most perceptive... well,
I'm a bit prejudiced! ;

He is the one writer who combined the two passions of my life (science
fiction and dance) into a trilogy that I have read over and over again:
Stardance, Starseed, and Starmind. He is one of the most quoted writer in
science fiction - my favorite quote of all time is from him... "If a person
who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is
a felon, then God is an iron." It's why you'll sometimes see me write "God
is an Iron" when I find something extremely ironic.

OK, I could go on for pages and pages, but you get the idea.

Hugs

CatNipped

Old June 20th 10, 12:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On Jun 19, 5:02 pm, Bruce wrote:
[...]

And if you just want to relax and have a good laugh, you can't beat his
Callahan's Crosstime Saloon stories.

Joy

Old June 20th 10, 12:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bruce

On Jun 19, 5:02 pm, Bruce wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the explanation of your frequent quote, which shot right
over my head,
sorry. I did not enter science fiction world till viewing Dr. Who some
years ago,
but your favorite author sounds very talented.
My quotes are infrequent and usually consist of "Hi-Yo, Silver! Away!"
I might have to explain that one to *you*. Clue: he didn't sing. There
was one who did.
Old June 20th 10, 01:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

On Jun 19, 5:02 pm, Bruce wrote:

[...]

I assume you're speaking about Roy Rogers?

Spider Robinson is a master of Puns, irony, and humanistic fantasy. I
still giggle when I think of the story about Ralph Von WowWow, in the
Crosstime Saloon series. It is one of those series that can be read on
so many layers that it can make one want to cluck. Robinson was a
disciple of one of my other favorite Science fiction writers, Robert A
Heinlein. There is also a paean to him here on USENET, Callahan's. The
posts are too fast and furious for me to become a regular, but I coast
over there at times when I need a dose of fun and insanity.

Bruce, Spider Robinson, R A Heinlein, Piers Anthony, and Esther
Freisner's "Chick's N Chain mail" series are, in my not so humble
opinion, must reads for anyone discovering Science Fiction and/or
Fantasy. One thing I've noticed is that the very best writers tend to be
owned by cats.

Pam S