I miss my Mutt

Old July 18th 08, 03:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baron Mind

Default I miss my Mutt

Hi. I have never posted to this group before, but my wife Kyla has posted
much and you may have read her posts. We have always had kitties and they
have been our guardian angels.

We have had some very special kitties over the years. One of the most
unique was a stray we named Waldo, but his nickname was Mutt. That is what
we always called him. He became my best friend for 17 years. He was a
polydactyl with big feet and extra toes. He always made us smile..

Boy, did we bond! He would climb up on me all the time and cling so tight
we would call him Velcro Kitty. I could walk around the house and do chores
with him attached to my shoulder.

He brought so much joy and love into our home. We also called him Love
Sponge because he could never get enough affection. He would hate it when I
left the house and was always very happy when I returned.

He crossed the bridge last December and we were so sad, but kitties do come
into our lives and then go away. We have been owned by so many kitties over
the years, but it is always hard to say goodbye to them.

We still have 4 kitties. They are good kitties and we love them, but none
are as special as Mutt. He was my best friend.

I love my Mutt. I miss him so much. It has been seven months since he left
us. I was doing okay adjusting to his parting, but for some reason I have
been filled with great sadness for the last month, missing my sweet Mutt. I
cry every day.

I am writing this post, hoping that it will make me feel better, hoping that
is will relieve some of my grief. I know many of you have also had to say
goodbye to your best friends. It is never easy, is it?

A friend of mine told me that our kitties in heaven speak well of us to
other cats.

Purrs and prayers for my sweet Mutt. I will never stop loving him, but I
hope I can stop crying soon.

Mutt's best friend,
Dutch

Old July 18th 08, 04:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Dutch. A new term I learned from Dan on this group is "Heart Kitty". Most
of us have one at one time or another. You love them all but sometimes one
is so special. When they leave for the bridge it is so painful. We just
have to live in the hope that we will see them aging one day and beyond
that, we just have to go on. Sorry you heart hurts so bad but, the
alternative is to never take another kitten into your home and take a chance
on getting hurt again. For most of us, that is not an option. When one is
sent our way, we welcome it in and take our chances.

Old July 18th 08, 09:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=`[_2_]

Thanks Granby...I know OT is your Heart Kitty", and Mutt was Dutch's.
I loved Mutt so much too, but he was Dutch's Velcro Kitty as well as his
Heart Kittty"
Mosey is 'my' Heart Kitty"
Love
Kyla
--crying
"Granby"

Old July 19th 08, 01:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Jul 18, 4:30 pm, "Kyla =^. .^=`" wrote:
Thanks Granby...I know OT is your Heart Kitty", and Mutt was Dutch's.
I loved Mutt so much too, but he was Dutch's Velcro Kitty as well as his
Heart Kittty"
Mosey is 'my' Heart Kitty"

Maggy May rushes over from the other newsgroup: Den wy don' hee haff
hiz owen cumputer? Huh?

Sorry, everyone. I'll get her back to her own newsgrop. Maggy May, you
KNOW

Maggy May hangs her head and looks guilty

Well, that's better

Maggy May sticks her tongue out when Uncle Bill looks away

Love to you all. Thank you for the card for Sashi.

--
Will in New Haven and Maggy May sends a nosepoint to Mosey

Love
Kyla
--crying
"Granby"

Old July 19th 08, 08:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=`[_2_]

"Will in New Haven" On Jul 18, 4:30 pm, "Kyla =^. .^=`" wrote:
Thanks Granby...I know OT is your Heart Kitty", and Mutt was Dutch's.
I loved Mutt so much too, but he was Dutch's Velcro Kitty as well as his
Heart Kittty"
Mosey is 'my' Heart Kitty"

Maggy May rushes over from the other newsgroup: Den wy don' hee haff
hiz owen cumputer? Huh?

He shayers myown pooter Maggy May sweetie

Sorry, everyone. I'll get her back to her own newsgrop. Maggy May, you
KNOW

LOL, Mosey will be there on Sunday

Maggy May hangs her head and looks guilty

Awwwww, scritches Maggy May under the chin

Well, that's better

Maggy May sticks her tongue out when Uncle Bill looks away

LOL

Love to you all. Thank you for the card for Sashi.

Thanks, and I'm glad you got the card, Mosey and I wrote it.

--
Will in New Haven and Maggy May sends a nosepoint to Mosey

Love to you all too.
Kyla and Dutch
Mosey sends Maggy May a nosepoink back

Love
Kyla
--crying
"Granby"

Old July 18th 08, 07:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Baron Mind" wrote in message
[...]

No, it's never easy, Dutch. I won't say I feel your pain, because it's
yours, but I can come close, because I just lost my most special cat. I'm
hoping for the day when the memories are happy instead of so terribly
painful.

((((((((Dutch)))))))))

Joy

Old July 18th 08, 10:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=`[_2_]

"Baron Mind"

gentle snip

Purrs and prayers for my sweet Mutt. I will never stop loving him, but I
hope I can stop crying soon.

Mutt's best friend,
Dutch

No, it's never easy, Dutch. I won't say I feel your pain, because it's
yours, but I can come close, because I just lost my most special cat. I'm
hoping for the day when the memories are happy instead of so terribly
painful.

((((((((Dutch)))))))))

Joy

Joy, how are you coping these days? I've been thinking about you a lot.
Thank you for your kind words and a hug for Dutch in the midst of your own
grief.
((((((((((((Joy))))))))))))))))

Kyla and Dutch

Old July 18th 08, 01:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

Welcome, Dutch. You're with friends here, and we certainly do understand.

Some of us are fortunate enough to find a "heart cat" - a cat who forms
a special bond with us. Living with this kitty is warm, wonderful,
fulfilling experience, but when they cross to the Rainbow Bridge it does
feel like our hearts are being ripped out.

I can tell you that the pain does eventually moderate, and the tears do
stop. Though sometimes, as your experiencing, the hurt can come back for
a while. Unfortunately having to deal with clinical depression often
means that the times of pain are a little more likely to revisit our
lives.

I can sure that this time of missing your heart-cat so badly will pass.
There's not much you can do to help it pass beyond what you're already
doing. Keeping busy (like doing volunteer work at the church), getting
some exercise, spending quality time with Mosey and the others. And of
course talking with fellow cat-people.

We're purring for you to feel better soon.

Dan
Old July 18th 08, 09:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=`[_2_]

"Daniel Mahoney"
[...]

Thank you for your kind words to Dutch, Dan.
Kyla

Old July 18th 08, 03:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Jul 17, 10:05*pm, "Baron Mind" wrote:
Hi. *I have never posted to this group before, but my wife Kyla has posted
much and you may have read her posts. *We have always had kitties and they
have been our guardian angels.

gentle snipping

Purrs and prayers for my sweet Mutt. *I will never stop loving him, but I
hope I can stop crying soon.

Mutt's best friend,
Dutch

We already know you Dutch, from your wife's posts and from Mosey's
posts on another newsgroup. In fact, I think it's amazing that you got
to use the computer, what with Kyla and Mosey hogging the
keyboard :,-)

We love to hear from both of them and it is good, although the subject
is sad, to hear from you. My first cat is named Feather and he left a
few years ago on an adventure I can't even imagine. And yet, he may be
hanging out with your Mutt and each of us may see our little friend
again. Feather, and my d*gs who went to the Bridge, as we put it, are
never out of my heart. I never forget them, any more than I forget my
dear Mother. In fact, if things are I wish them to be, mom is taking
care of the lot of them and vice versa.

Your not alone in your love for a cat who has, possibly temporarily,
left you behind. Come back around whenever you need to talk, when you
can get Kyla and Mosey to let you type.

--
Will in New Haven

Mutt RB 6 Months ago today Kyla `=^. .^=`[_2_] Cat anecdotes 6 June 17th 08 10:00 PM
Miss KS? Stormmee Cat community 4 May 9th 06 08:51 AM
Some of ya'll may remember Mutt Gracecat Cat anecdotes 17 December 23rd 05 01:06 AM
OT Mutt Update Gracecat Cat anecdotes 13 December 22nd 05 05:26 AM