The Babies Came Today

Old June 18th 07, 06:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

Default The Babies Came Today

Well, I've got the orphans. I don't think they are two weeks old, I
believe they are younger. They barely have their eyes open, and it
looks like the umbilical cord has just fallen off. Maybe 10 days old.

They are both tabbies. They were a little dehydrated when she got
them, and not moving around at all. Now they're squalling and
squirming. I've got them on an 8-12-4 schedule. They can't suck on a
bottle, but they're taking KMR out of an eyedropper very well. One is
much smaller than the other.

They were born from a feral mother in someone's backyard, a friend of
my daughter's. Dogs killed the mother yesterday.

You know, what is so funny, especially after reading so much about new
cat-introductions. These cats around here barely raised an eyebrow.
They're like, oh yeah, there's some cats in there, big deal. Except
for Frank, and he wants in that bedroom so bad he is flinging himself
against the door. I'm going to let him in to see them probably
tomorrow. He just loves babies.

I'll get some pictures tomorrow. I appreciate all the prayers, purrs,
good wishes for the poor little urchins.

Sherry

Old June 18th 07, 06:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

On 2007-06-18 00:17:20 -0500, Sherry said:

[...]

Oh man, good luck and many purrs. This sounds like a big challenge.
Keep us posted. Poor mom cat

Old June 18th 07, 08:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 22:17:20 -0700, Sherry yodeled:

[...]

Oh my goodness, teeny-tinies. Big purrs on the way-- and for Frank to
be patient!

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old June 18th 07, 03:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Sherry wrote:
[...]

Lots of purrs that they both grow to stong healthy cats.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old June 18th 07, 06:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Sherry wrote:
Well, I've got the orphans. I don't think they are two weeks old, I
believe they are younger. They barely have their eyes open, and it
looks like the umbilical cord has just fallen off. Maybe 10 days old.

I'll get some pictures tomorrow. I appreciate all the prayers, purrs,
good wishes for the poor little urchins.

Sherry

Mega purrs for these teeny bitties grow to be big healthy rambunctious
bitties!

Old June 19th 07, 03:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
sam

Sherry wrote:
[...]

Good luck with the new furrkids.

Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe
Old June 19th 07, 07:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn

Sherry wrote:
[...]

Awwww. I hope the bitties grow into healthy, happy kitties and I'm sure
your love and care will help that.

That is so sad about their mother :-(

That is funny about your cats and the bitties. Most of mine have ended
up being the same way after several cats have come through here on their
way to the no-kill shelter. Internet gets excited and wants to meet
them, since he is a very social and sweet cat who loves both humans and
other kitties. Cosmo yawns, "Not again! Oh, well." Trill goes
"Dammit, she's got another cat in there! Dammit, that used to be *my*
room! Dammit, she better not be keeping this one!" All the rest are
pretty ho-hum after an initial sniff under the door.

Ginger-lyn
Old June 19th 07, 07:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Sherry wrote:
I'll get some pictures tomorrow. I appreciate all the prayers, purrs,
good wishes for the poor little urchins.

It is so sad about their mom - no wonder you want to take care of the
squirmies. I'd guess they're a bit small to be very interesting to
Frank, but that would be an interesting meeting to get pics of.

Old June 19th 07, 07:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Jun 19, 1:28 am, Takayuki wrote:
Sherry wrote:
I'll get some pictures tomorrow. I appreciate all the prayers, purrs,
good wishes for the poor little urchins.

It is so sad about their mom - no wonder you want to take care of the
squirmies. I'd guess they're a bit small to be very interesting to
Frank, but that would be an interesting meeting to get pics of.

Oh, Tak, I can't with honesty say I wanted to. I just could not say
no. It is
such an emotional rollercoaster that I don't need right now. You worry
if they
are eating too much, are they eating enough, are they pooping enough,
or too much,
are they as active as they were 2 hours ago, are they yelling because
they're hungry,
are they NOT yelling because they're dying. Are they too hot, are they
too cold.
Did I shut the door good enough, is Bosley
going to get in there and eat them. And most of all who is going to
take them?
I'm really sorry for the whine. It's late and I'll be in a better mood
tomorrow.
Sherry

Old June 19th 07, 07:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Sherry wrote:
[...]

Yikes, that sounds so nervewracking. I'm here worrying over whether
Buster wants to play more, and there you are having to feed your
kittens around the clock and worrying whether they'll live to see next
week.

My four babies! John Cat anecdotes 8 November 13th 05 12:59 AM
Babies... wafflycat Cat anecdotes 7 July 15th 05 04:46 AM
Babies? What babies? I haven't seen any babies.... RobZip Cat health & behaviour 77 June 29th 04 01:32 AM
my babies tracy Cat anecdotes 50 May 23rd 04 03:09 AM
New Babies Lois Reay Cat anecdotes 7 April 2nd 04 04:04 PM