Somewhat OT - spiders

Old October 16th 10, 09:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

Default Somewhat OT - spiders

I am fortunate that the spiders I get in the house are all fairly small.
Most of them are about the size of a 25 cent piece and black (not black
widows). I usually find them in the sink of bathtub where they can't
get the traction to get out. I get them into a jar for the trip
outside.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old October 16th 10, 10:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bruce

On Oct 16, 2:36*pm, (---MIKE---) wrote:
I am fortunate that the spiders I get in the house are all fairly small.
Most of them are about the size of a 25 cent piece and black (not black
widows). *I usually find them in the sink of bathtub where they can't
get the traction to get out. *I get them into a jar for the trip
outside.

* * * * * * * * * ---MIKE---In the White Mountains of New Hampshire

* (44° 15' *N - Elevation 1580')

I believe tarantulas are very unlikely to be found loose where you
are,
UK in general, or MileHigh...not warm enough for their liking. That
Butterfly World place is noticeably warm and humidified heavily
inside.
I noticed immediately after a couple hours in there that my hair had
miraculously regained its south FL elegance and volume, curling so
much that I hated to step out into MileHigh arid atmosphere once more,
where it succumbed by flattening, straightening, and drooping MileHigh
style.
Hairy big spiders but not tarantulas are abundant where I came from.
Some will sting you but as someone who has stepped on and been
stung since childhood by scorpions (no, they don't live here) spider
bites to me are no big deal.