We have fleas

Old February 19th 18, 05:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

Default We have fleas

Well, someone apparently has fleas, and I guess that means we all do.
I don't see any, but a follow up to Nipsy's ear surgery shows that he
still has some issues, and the doc thinks it's probably fleas. Great.

It's my fault. I did give them Frontline before letting the start to
go outside, but didn't give them another dose after 30 days. They got
one yesterday and I'm washing stuff in the house. I don't think I need
a full flea treatment - there don't seem to be many of them and with
everyone treated (myself excluded) maybe we're ok.

The good news is that Baby went out today. I've been very busy and
will be for another week, and really didn't have time to let them out,
but I had about an hour so I opened the door. Nipsy and Scooter bolted
outside, and much to my surprise, Baby gingerly followed.

She wasn't out long. Nipsy came flying in making all kinds of noise (I
have no idea what he saw) and Baby came right back in. Scooter
followed a few minutes after and I closed the door because I had to go
out.

Oddly, Baby just was walking all over the house, even near me, which
is very unusual. She let's me pet her, but when I'm walking around she
generally runs away. Maybe going back out for that little while bumped
her confidence up. She was a completely outside cat until I grabber
her before moving to Florida.

Well, that's the news. Nobody is scratching very much, but I'm taking
it fairly seriously. When I have some time, maybe I'll do a full flea
treatment. It's not like it ever gets cold enoough to kill them.
Old February 20th 18, 09:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 2/18/2018 11:07 PM, dgk wrote:
[...]

Glad to hear it doesn't appear to be a serious infestation. It's also
funny that Baby got a little boost from her brief visit to the "big out".

I don't know what the weather is doing down there but here in SC it's
been around 80F since the weekend. For sure, it doesn't get cold enough
to completely kill off fleas.

Jill

Fleas Joy Cat anecdotes 17 August 17th 14 06:21 PM
Fleas Suzie-Q[_3_] Cat health & behaviour 3 August 16th 11 04:42 PM
No fleas? David Mooney Cat health & behaviour 2 June 8th 07 08:55 PM
fleas graciedv Cat health & behaviour 11 June 19th 05 03:15 PM
fleas Jenni G. Cat health & behaviour 24 July 19th 04 07:43 PM