Interview update

Old May 4th 05, 09:38 AM
HRFLTiger

Dan and Nancy Mahoney wrote:

Now I just need to ask for purrs to get included in the 2nd round of
interviews, and to do well in that 2nd round! This is getting

exciting.
I can't think of anything off the top of my head that would make me

feel
as fulfilled as helping to reunite lost pets with their loving

humans.

Purrs?! You've got them!
And you've even got Cleo's dribbly squeaky purrs as extra luck!

Helen M

Old May 4th 05, 10:47 AM
Lesley

Dan and Nancy Mahoney wrote:
We managed to get home safely, and I got cleaned up and to the

interview
on time.

Big job purrs from the Fabulous Furballs!!!!

Old May 4th 05, 12:10 PM
SuzQ

Purrs on their way Dan.
Suz&Spicey

Old May 4th 05, 05:32 PM

On Tue, 03 May 2005 18:06:58 -0700, Dan and Nancy Mahoney
wrote:

We managed to get home safely, and I got cleaned up and to the interview
on time.

I need to clean out my ears. Every time I called the place to work out
the interview schedule I thought they were calling the place "Abbott".
When I got there I saw that they are Avid - THE microchip folks, the
ones who basically invented the technology 20 years ago. I was very
surprised to learn that the worldwide headquarters (they also have
plants in England and Spain) is right there in Norco, CA - horse country.

I felt that the interview went very well. They are primarily a Linux
house (Linux is my favorite OS), and the software manager is almost as
anti-Microsoft as I am. He's about my age and has much of the same
background, and weemed pleased with my eclectic background.

They will be reviewing resumes and interview notes this week and at the
end of the week they will invite some people back for a second round of
interviews. I sincerely to be one of those invited back. It just so
happens that I have a standing home time request for the week of May 9,
so I would be home and available for interviews early that week. I made
sure to mention to the interviewers that I believed I could make
immediate contributions to their DP needs, and that I would be very
interested in working for a company in their field.

Now I just need to ask for purrs to get included in the 2nd round of
interviews, and to do well in that 2nd round! This is getting exciting.
I can't think of anything off the top of my head that would make me feel
as fulfilled as helping to reunite lost pets with their loving humans.

Purrs on their way, Dan. This sounds wonderful. I truly hope it
works out for you!

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
http://www.i-love-cats.com/meow/glsummer/ (The Violence Against
Animals in Movies Website)
Old May 4th 05, 05:53 PM
Susan M

"Dan and Nancy Mahoney" wrote in message
We managed to get home safely, and I got cleaned up and to the interview
on time.

Now I just need to ask for purrs to get included in the 2nd round of
interviews, and to do well in that 2nd round! This is getting exciting. I
can't think of anything off the top of my head that would make me feel as
fulfilled as helping to reunite lost pets with their loving humans.

Yeah Dan - more good thoughts your way from our crew!

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old May 4th 05, 06:05 PM
Gennie

Many, many purrs coming your way!

Dan, as a matter of fact, I had Marietta AVID microchiped before we
went on our weeklong stay in Santa Barbara in March! What a perfect
company for an animal lover!

Gennie & Marietta =^..^=

Old May 4th 05, 06:48 PM
Yoj

Congratulations on doing so well so far. Purrs for a second interview that
leads to a job offer.

Joy

Old May 4th 05, 08:04 PM
CK

Catnipped wrote:
"Dan and Nancy Mahoney" wrote in message

snip
Now I just need to ask for purrs to get included in the 2nd round of
interviews, and to do well in that 2nd round! This is getting exciting.
I can't think of anything off the top of my head that would make me feel
as fulfilled as helping to reunite lost pets with their loving humans.

Mega, *MEGA* job purrs coming. I really hope you get it Dan. I was
thinking about you and Jill (and my self) today - all of us techies, all of
us either out of work or working at something other then what we love to do!
Keeping all extremities crossed for you!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Fingers crossed and purrs for Dan. That job sure sounds interesting.

And Nipped's post made me think of Jill... whatever happened to her job
opening at the cook book publishing house? I know I've only skimmed
posts for quite a while now, but if there has been an update on that I
must have missed it.

--
Christine in Vantaa, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old May 4th 05, 11:52 PM
jmcquown

CK wrote:
Catnipped wrote:
[...]

I had to reschedule the first interview due to minor emergency. The
potential employer didn't re-set up the interview. After reading his
description again it sounded more like he wanted "girl Friday" (do they
still use that term?) than someone to do software support. I got the
feeling I'd be making coffee and running errands more than I'd be doing
anything technical. On the trip to Huntsville, Alabama with my LLL, I
discovered just how far this place was away from where I live (I thought it
was just down the road a ways) and how much traffic I'd have to battle to
get to and fro. I decided it was a good thing not to have to drive all that
way to play step-n-fetch.

Jill

Old May 5th 05, 05:35 AM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-05-04, Dan and Nancy Mahoney penned:

I felt that the interview went very well. They are primarily a Linux
house (Linux is my favorite OS), and the software manager is almost
as anti-Microsoft as I am. He's about my age and has much of the
same background, and weemed pleased with my eclectic background.

Wow, nice! Now that I'm reading the Wanteds, I seem to be noticing
that OSS experience is more valued than it used to be. About damn
time.

Good luck on getting called back for another round!

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

UPDATE on job interview Hans Schrøder Cat anecdotes 6 November 14th 04 08:03 AM
Job purrs update Dan M Cat anecdotes 40 October 6th 04 12:40 PM
ANOTHER UPDATE UPDATE Tomorrow Adrian Cat anecdotes 2 August 6th 04 07:27 PM
Nice Update on B5's creator, J.Michael Straczynski & Buddy the cat Christine Burel Cat anecdotes 8 January 19th 04 11:01 AM
Mike's Interview: Update Tanada Cat anecdotes 8 August 20th 03 11:33 PM