SHOULD I TAKE HIM TO A VET?

Old October 26th 07, 09:36 PM posted to az.general,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.dogs.health,alt.pets

Default SHOULD I TAKE HIM TO A VET?

Many of the people in these usenet pets groups work in Veterinarian
Clinics, which makes them biased.

In my city of Tucson, Arizona it is very difficult to find a Vet that
will agree to reduced cost services, or even payment plans to low
income pet owners,regardless of the circumstances. Their motto might as
well be PROFIT FIRST, ANIMAL WELFARE SECOND. Many of these outfits
are run by corporations, are bloated practices or have greedy
practitioners.

This is in contrast to at least two other cities I have lived in
where a vet would often treat an animal for free if the owner could
not afford it. So I suspect this is a problem local to Arizona, which is
not suprising given the State ranks so low in nearly every quality of
life research measure.

There is a definite lack of professionalism and ethics in this regard
in the Vet community in Tucson. They don't care if your animal is sick.
What is important to them is if you can PAY NOW IN FULL. This is partly
the fault of the do nothing state government here that does little or
nothing to promote or enforce ethical standards in this or other
professions. Frequently,Arizona is thought of as the State where
Easterners who could not make the grade come to be free to practice
in their substandard, unprofessional ways (go west young man).
Recall also that Arizona is a right-wing pro-business, anti-union State.
Hit the road jack if you cannot pay- I don't care if Fido IS suffering.

Therefore, I have posted this to let other pet owners know.
GUESS WHAT? YOU DON'T HAVE TO GO TO THESE SHYSTER QUACKS. If you are
literate and willing to do a little reading, YOU CAN TREAT 90% of
your pets problems on your own. Only the more serious and complicated
medical problems which require surgery, etc is a vet needed.

There are many sources on the net for veterinary medications and
at least several do not require any "please, may I?" prescriptions
from capitalist pig profit mongers. You can order online and the order
will be delivered to your door. There are OTHER sources of medication
as well. You just have to do some searching and reading. Stock up on
what you need quickly because corrupt capitalistic pig Vet orgs are
acting to stop any access to medical supplies so you will be forced to
come to their dues paying members and pay their surcharges on medicines
as well as their exorbitant consult fees. The way it works in Amerika is
these so called professional organizations pay "contributions" to get
politicians elected to do their bidding, basically a corrupt, bribe
driven system.

If you get yourself a good software search engine, such as Copernic
or Firststop websearch, both of which have free versions, your search
for information on how to TREAT your pet will be greatly simplified.
Google by itself simply doesn't do it any more.
There is an abundance of up to date, well written, articles on how
to diagnose and treat your pet on the web. alot of which is written
by DVMs. You only have to know how to search for it, which is really
quite simple. You will often find that you know more about a particular
problem than the Vet that is charging you $50 just to walk through the
door, and much more for meds and actual treatment.

Many of the medical problems your pet has you will be able to diagnose
and treat yourself, ASSUMING that you are literate and have the time
to read and educate yourself. It does not take that much time.

Do not listen to the flamers in pets groups that keep insisting
that everything has to be taken to one of these unprofessional money
grubbers. The people in pets groups are often the ones who are profiting
from your taking the animal to the vet, usually at outrageously high
prices. And you will have the satisfaction of knowing your pet was
treated by someone who REALLY DOES care about the welfare of
animals-YOU!

I will soon be starting a web interest group for pet owners to share and
develop information on how to treat their animals themselves along with
information on how to report unethical and unprofessional workers in the
vet care industry. Examples of people I know who have successfully
treated their pets recently are successful treatment of respiratory
infection, eye infection, etc.

Here are a couple URLS to get you started (took me about 10 min to find
these, more to come) You vet may be reluctant to give you a prescription
for the ones who require prescriptions since he/she loses her cut that
way.

http://top-drugs.com/index.php - may be a good source for meds
http://www.medi-vet.com/ -sounds like they require prescriptions
blehhhhh! http://www.1800petmeds.com/
http://www.animalcarecenter.com/index-2.html good info on the war to
keep shysters control over prescriptions
http://www.kittens-lair.net/cat-heal...dications-for-
cats.htm
l-good article on what NOT to give your cat
http://home.howstuffworks.com/cat-care-tips-channel.htm cat care tips
Old October 26th 07, 09:53 PM posted to az.general,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

"u" wrote in message ...
Many of the people in these usenet pets groups work in Veterinarian
Clinics, which makes them biased.

snipped more blather

I've found that most vet clinics have been *forced* to ask for payment up
front or payment in full because, unless they do, they are often "stiffed"
by people who seem to be able to find the money for their SUVs, vacations,
and luxury items, but always seem to be too poor to pay for medical care for
their pets.

CatNipped

Old October 26th 07, 10:09 PM posted to az.general,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"u" wrote in message ...
Many of the people in these usenet pets groups work in Veterinarian
Clinics, which makes them biased.

I'm not even reading any further.

Asshole.

Old October 27th 07, 02:31 AM posted to az.general,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
buglady

"u" wrote in message ...
Many of the people in these usenet pets groups work in Veterinarian
Clinics, which makes them biased.

...........oh really? Gosh I've been here for years and didn't know that.
How unobservant of me.

If you are
literate and willing to do a little reading, YOU CAN TREAT 90% of
your pets problems on your own. Only the more serious and complicated
medical problems which require surgery, etc is a vet needed.

..........and by the time you're done dicking around those serious cases end
up dead. Tell me, how do you differentiate between Cushings,
hypothyroidism, Addison's disease and diabetes by yourself? How about
Ehrlichia - do you even know the symptoms? Think you can test for that on
your own?

The people in pets groups are often the ones who are profiting
from your taking the animal to the vet,

............oh you twit, I wish I had ONE THIN DIME for the hours I've poured
into answering questions over the years.

I will soon be starting a web interest group for pet owners to share and
develop information on how to treat their animals themselves

...........don't bother. Being literate is only half the battle. It also
takes intelligence.

Oh, BTW, I don't work in a vet clinic
bye bye now
buglady
take out the dog before replying

Old October 27th 07, 10:27 PM posted to az.general,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"CatNipped" wrote in
:

"u" wrote in message ...
Many of the people in these usenet pets groups work in Veterinarian
Clinics, which makes them biased.

I bet that is what they use as an excuse. Funny how they seem to be able
to support a building, nice style of living, cars and multiple employees
on being "stiffed" so often. Never has one mentioned this as the reason
they will not work with pet owners. There is no professionalism in this
field, no sincere regard for animals well being. The almight dollar
governs their behavior, similar to common prostitutes.

Old October 27th 07, 10:30 PM posted to az.general,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"cybercat" wrote in :

"u" wrote in message ...
Many of the people in these usenet pets groups work in Veterinarian
Clinics, which makes them biased.

I'm not even reading any further.

Probably a vet or vet tech, no doubt. This is the caliber of people
currently in this "profession" here in Tucson. I know, I have dealt with
them at their businesses.

Asshole.

Old October 27th 07, 10:42 PM posted to az.general,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"buglady" wrote in
:

"u" wrote in message ...
Many of the people in these usenet pets groups work in Veterinarian
Clinics, which makes them biased.

..........oh really? Gosh I've been here for years and didn't know
that. How unobservant of me.

Actually yes, that is why there is such hostility towards any reluctance
to take an animal to these unprofessional profiteers in these pet
groups, because there are many earning their money from treating
animals.

If you are
literate and willing to do a little reading, YOU CAN TREAT 90% of
your pets problems on your own. Only the more serious and complicated
medical problems which require surgery, etc is a vet needed.

.........and by the time you're done dicking around those serious
cases end up dead. Tell me, how do you differentiate between
Cushings, hypothyroidism, Addison's disease and diabetes by yourself?
How about Ehrlichia - do you even know the symptoms? Think you can
test for that on your own?

I don't "dick around" when it comes to treating my pets. And more
importantly, I don't put up with bull**** from vets who are trying to
overtreat the animal to increase their profit margins. I often find once
I have researched the symptoms and treatment for any particular illness,
I know more than these so called professionals. Only time I will take
pet to a vet is if special equipment or surgery is required, or I cannot
make a proper diagnosis. But as you purposely have ignored the vast
majority of pet problems can be handled by the owner if he/she has
average IQ and can read and doesn't by into this crap about everything
needs to go to these profiteers.

The people in pets groups are often the ones who are profiting
from your taking the animal to the vet,

...........oh you twit, I wish I had ONE THIN DIME for the hours I've
poured into answering questions over the years.

Of course groups like these can offer answers, but much better advice
can be found in comprehensive articles on the web written true experts
in the field. And guess what, they don't charge you $50 each time you
read their free articles. There still are a few good vets around, but
have not run into any lately.

I will soon be starting a web interest group for pet owners to share
and develop information on how to treat their animals themselves

..........don't bother. Being literate is only half the battle. It
also takes intelligence.

Then why do you keep offering your free advice here?

Oh, BTW, I don't work in a vet clinic
bye bye now

adios, vaya con dios buggy lady

Old October 29th 07, 12:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
buglady

"Matthew" wrote in message
Crossposting removed

Gee does this sound like the idiot from last month using the email

.............didn't notice that he had followups set to this group and the az
group only, after initially crossposting it to dog groups. Must be a cat
person and you probably have seen him here before.

Old October 30th 07, 12:18 PM posted to az.general,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 22:36:31 +0200 (CEST), u wrote:

[...]

You can also likely treat 90% of human diseases yourself from internet
information. I suggest you start reading up on "do it yourself
psychotherapy".

Here in NYC I notice that the vets need to be paid as well. That's
probably because they like to feed their families.
Old October 30th 07, 06:17 PM posted to az.general,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"dgk" wrote in message
[...]

haha! It's the crazy people who make Usenet fun.