the journey to the bridge

Old July 17th 03, 04:14 AM
Uncle Fred

Default the journey to the bridge

Mogie wrote:

Today we let Godfrey begin his journey to the bridge. His nerve
damage was not responding to either medicine or time. It was a
horrible decision but I couldn't stand to see him in pain when we
had to manually express him.

I've cried all day. This was so hard to do. I will never forget the
last thing that we did was lay his little head on my hand before
leaving us. He's in a better place now but I miss him so.

Please keep him in your purrs.

You are *all* in our purrrs. Godfrey was lucky to have someone who
loved him so much be with him at the time he began his journey. You
really did everything you could. I'm sure of that.
All the best.

--
Regards,
Fred
Old July 18th 03, 02:51 AM
Da Koster Katz

Uncle Fred wrote:

Mogie wrote:

Today we let Godfrey begin his journey to the bridge. His nerve
damage was not responding to either medicine or time. It was a
horrible decision but I couldn't stand to see him in pain when we
had to manually express him.

I've cried all day. This was so hard to do. I will never forget the
last thing that we did was lay his little head on my hand before
leaving us. He's in a better place now but I miss him so.

Please keep him in your purrs.

You are *all* in our purrrs. Godfrey was lucky to have someone who
loved him so much be with him at the time he began his journey. You
really did everything you could. I'm sure of that.
All the best.

I didn't see the original, so thank you, Fred, for quoting. We will add
Godfrey to our purrs, and I'm sure a lot of new friends are there to
greet him at the Bridge.

Joan, with Junior, Bitsy, Baby, Cinni and Cookie revving up their
purrmotors in the background

--
****Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.****

Koster Katz: http://www.willapabay.org/~seabreez
RPCC Glossary: http://www.willapabay.org/~seabreez/glossary.html

Old July 18th 03, 07:32 AM
Da Koster Katz

Miss Violette wrote:

Five cats purr softly and the hooman weeps for your loss, The hooman is
almost sick with all of the sadness she is reading... Miss Violette

*BigBoy tabby snuggles up to soft and begins to purr*

Aw, but diz iz wut hoominz an furkidz awl know - dat wif da luf will
come some heartache. But we luf ennyweigh. Itz wurf it.

Meowmie sez it jest maykes us luf da wunz dat are left all da hardur,
fur da tyme dat we haf eech uffur.

Junior

Old July 18th 03, 10:20 PM
Beverly Orel

So sorry to hear this news about Godfrey. It's one of the toughest
decisions to make, but you did the right thing. Purrrrrrrrrrrs and
purrrrrayers continuing for you.

Beverly

Old July 23rd 03, 07:23 PM
Fred Williams

In article , "Mogie"
says...
Just difficult right now. Godfrey's birthday was July 22.

Awww. Purrrz to you. You are not alone.

Warmest Sympathies,
Uncle Fred & Jetadiah,

Old July 29th 03, 12:31 AM
The Clowder

I'ze so furrysorry fur yur loss, Mogie. An I pollygize fur beein so
layt reeplyin.

Iffn yu wud send mineselv Godfrey's House of Naym, I will seee dat hee
is addid to da Jellicle Ball Lisst ov Onorees, an will mayk him a brik
onda Walk.

Mietze

Christmas at the Rainbow Bridge Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 2 December 12th 04 12:50 AM
Rainbow Bridge Bev Cat anecdotes 3 May 25th 04 11:32 PM
Rainbow Bridge Bev Cat anecdotes 3 April 5th 04 08:15 PM
Purrs for a loyal D*G friend on his trip to the bridge, please Tanada Cat anecdotes 14 October 5th 03 07:53 AM