Best Method for Declawing a Cat?

Old January 20th 07, 09:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

Default Best Method for Declawing a Cat?

Charlie Wilkes wrote:
On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 17:10:24 -0800, bookie wrote:

if anybody, ANYBODY, ever said to me "it's me or your cat" then i would
happily pack their bags for them, they would be history and i would not
turn a hair about it as they obviously were not good enough for me (few
men are anyway). Have had similar issues with chaps complaining about
me putting my sport before them and they did not last long at all.

What is this sport you keep mentioning???

Charlie

sorry, rowing, or sculling more these days as you can do that on your
own (and I have no mates, apart from my furry ones, and they can't
scull, and they are not really mates as such more like furry superiors
i must obey without question). It takes up alot of my spare time even
though i can't be bothered to compete much anymore, and can be as much
of an obsession as cats can be in that you really have to change your
life to do it and friends and partners rarely understand why you have
to forego this that or the other for it (and are quite willing to do so
too).

I have never had any bloke say to me "it's me or the cat" (i do not
think they would dare, they know what response they would get) but I
have had one or two incredibly stupid chaps come out with "if you go
rowing again in the morning, then that's it; we're finished!". It is
quite amusing, they actually think I am going to do as they demand,
that I am actually going to give up going rowing in the morning, maybe
let down the rest of a crew i am supposed to rowing with, and stay at
home with some boring bloke just because that chap has thrown a strop
after realising that he is not one's main life priority and my
existence does not revolve around him. Can't imagine what goes through
their heads to think i will do as they ask, they must obviously be a
bit simple or mentally retarded or something, or maybe they are just
blokes.

so there you go

bookie

Old January 20th 07, 09:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

cybercat wrote:
"Charlie Wilkes" wrote

What is this sport you keep mentioning???

I bet it means "fun."

it can do but mostly it means training at least once a day, cold
weather, early morning outings on the water in the dark before work in
the winter (thankfully not so common these days now i am takign a step
back), bad backs, sore hands, being tired all the time, spending all
your money on training, competing and equipment, club politics,
egotistical coaches, sore muscles, no social life at weekends as you
have to get up at 6am to get on the water early, etc etc.
But it also means winning, being fit, beating other peple, being the
best at what you enjoy doing, getting out in the sunshine, being part
of a team, celebrating wins with lots of alcohol, black tie boat club
dinners, getting dressed up for henley royal regatta and watching lots
of fit men in tight lycra race past from the comfort of the grandstand
or your deckchair whilst someone orders you another Pimms and lemonade,
training camps abroad, going out for post training or post regatta
beers with your crew, etc etc.
like anything else, the more you are prepared to put the more you get
out of it

bookie

Old January 20th 07, 09:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL

"bookie" wrote in message
ps.com...

they are not really mates as such more like furry superiors
i must obey without question.

bookie

LOL!! I love this description. Perfect!

MaryL

Old January 21st 07, 12:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

MaryL wrote:
"bookie" wrote in message
ps.com...

they are not really mates as such more like furry superiors
i must obey without question.

bookie

LOL!! I love this description. Perfect!

MaryL

unlike some people i have never been under the illusion that I OWN my
cats, i am well aware that i am simply here to meet their constant
demands for food, door openings, pre-warmed comfy chairs, plumped up
duvets, chopped bits of ham, and other requirements, and that I should
consider myself truly lucky that they have chosen me to be their slave.
I now find myself waiting to hang stuff up in my own wardrobe until
jessie has finished her snooze in the bottom of it and emerged, lest I
should wake her whilst I hang up a pair of trousers or something (i did
do this once and got a real evil look from her, so i will not risk it
again).

bookie

Old January 21st 07, 01:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL

"bookie" wrote in message
oups.com...

MaryL wrote:
"bookie" wrote in message
ps.com...

[...]

Also...I am sure most of us have opted out of sitting in our favorite chair
or sofa because it is already occupied by our furry owners. Somehow, I
sometimes find that Holly or Duffy have pushed me to the edge of the bed.
I'm not sure hos a 9-lb. bundle of fur does that, but it happens!

MaryL

Old January 21st 07, 09:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Charlie Wilkes

On Sat, 20 Jan 2007 13:12:57 -0800, bookie wrote:

I have never had any bloke say to me "it's me or the cat" (i do not
think they would dare, they know what response they would get) but I
have had one or two incredibly stupid chaps come out with "if you go
rowing again in the morning, then that's it; we're finished!".

That makes no sense. Why in the world would anyone object to your rowing?

I would think you might find a male rower who can float your boat.

Charlie
Old January 21st 07, 12:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lesley

bookie wrote:

have had one or two incredibly stupid chaps come out with "if you go
rowing again in the morning, then that's it; we're finished"

Very stupid chaps indeed!

I have a hobby that I take as seriously as you do rowing through at
least mine doesn't demand I get up early (Not often anyway-
occasionally for conventions) and Dave has long since learnt to live
with it. If he asked me to stop gaming then he knows I'd tell him where
to get off. Even over the last few months while he's been in hospital I
have missed maybe 2-3 sessions and I play twice a week, at the moment I
am refereeing once a week and Dave quite placidly lets me leave the
hospital early so my players don't have to wait about for me to start-
he knows I'd get narked otherwise

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old January 21st 07, 07:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

Charlie Wilkes wrote:
On Sat, 20 Jan 2007 13:12:57 -0800, bookie wrote:

I have never had any bloke say to me "it's me or the cat" (i do not
think they would dare, they know what response they would get) but I
have had one or two incredibly stupid chaps come out with "if you go
rowing again in the morning, then that's it; we're finished!".

That makes no sense. Why in the world would anyone object to your rowing?

because it does take up a lot of time, early morning starts mean having
to go to bed early to SLEEP, most men do not like it purely because it
means that your life does not revolve around them and because when you
are competing you have to be 'selfish' in a way and take good care of
yourself so you are at peak form all the time. days when you are
competing at either regattas (side by side racing mainly inthe summer)
or heads (long distance time trials in the winter) are usually a write
off and you don't really do anything else except sit by a river bank or
lake waiting to race, chilling out with the newspaper and eating your
picnic until your race is up, and then everything has to revolve around
you and you cannot spend your time entertaining some lazy-arse bloke
and making sure he has a cup of tea or something to eat as you have to
focus on your racing that day. Then when you get home all you want to
do is go out for beers with crewmates to celebrate or commiserate and
talk endlessly about the racing that day, which of course has not
really included said bloke (who probably spent the whle day whinging
about how bored he was) and so he cannot really contribute and can't be
the centre of attention as most chaps always feel the need to be.

most men are just little little children really, sorry to sound so
anti-men but it really is true, they really hate it when they are not
in the limelight and the focus is not on them, and in my sport if you
want to win you have to be totally selfish about yourself and have
yourself and your success as your main priority. i have not yet met a
man who can put up with that one.

I would think you might find a male rower who can float your boat.

that is an idea, have done so in the past, although the last could not
deal with it when i won races and did better than he did and would walk
off in a strop cos i wasn't paying him enough attention, again that
'little child' mentality. I think most men would rather have a gormless
pointless brain dead doll on their arm than someone who actually does
something with their spare time apart from shop and get their nails
done, so therefore i can do without them.

Jessie on the other hand has never complained about me going rowing, as
long as breakfast is served before I go in the morning and I get back
in time to serve dinner she is ok with it.

bookie

Old January 21st 07, 07:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

Lesley wrote:
bookie wrote:

have had one or two incredibly stupid chaps come out with "if you go
rowing again in the morning, then that's it; we're finished"

Very stupid chaps indeed!

I have a hobby that I take as seriously as you do rowing through at
least mine doesn't demand I get up early (Not often anyway-
occasionally for conventions) and Dave has long since learnt to live
with it. If he asked me to stop gaming then he knows I'd tell him where
to get off. Even over the last few months while he's been in hospital I
have missed maybe 2-3 sessions and I play twice a week, at the moment I
am refereeing once a week and Dave quite placidly lets me leave the
hospital early so my players don't have to wait about for me to start-
he knows I'd get narked otherwise

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

whats gaming? never heard of it

Old January 22nd 07, 02:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Charlie Wilkes

On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 11:39:23 -0800, bookie wrote:

'little child' mentality. I think most men would rather have a gormless
pointless brain dead doll on their arm than someone who actually does
something with their spare time apart from shop and get their nails
done, so therefore i can do without them.

Well, there you go. You're probably better off staying single.

When you strip away the cultural self-deception of our corny little
middle-class worlds, you're left with a reality that is stark and not too
pleasant, i.e, the main thing men want from women is sex, and the main
thing women want from men is money. I'm sure you are as tired of horny
lugs as I am of sneaky women who want to move into my house and take over
my life & bank acct. in exchange for sex and cooking. I'm old enough so I
have learned to cook for myself and can do without sex, and frankly it's a
comfortable place to be.

Charlie