tooth extraction purrs?

Old August 23rd 12, 07:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Nadia N.

Default tooth extraction purrs?

Bastette wrote:

Nadia, how is he doing after the extraction? Feeling better, I hope!

Yes, he seems to be much better. They took out 2 teeth - upper and lower
molar on the left side. He's got huge gaps there now, but he is no
longer clawing at his face or drooling or sticking his tongue out. I
guess the pain after the extraction can't compare with the pain from the
infected teeth. My poor baby, how he must have suffered!

He came through the anesthesia fine, and was back to normal by the
evening, eating and drinking like nothing had happened. At first I
didn't dare give him anything other than the pate kind of wet food
mushed into a kind of gravy and mixed with water, because I thought it
might hurt him to eat. But this morning he had some shredded chicken
meat, and he gulped down it like he always does. I guess it's a good
thing he's so greedy that he gulps his food instead of chewing it :-)

Now I am just watching him for signs of problems with his trachea. The
vet said to feel his throat/upper chest often to make sure that there's
no air accumulating under the skin - that's the first sign that there's
a problem. Hopefully it will not happen this time. But we are not
leaving Kotyo alone for the next several weeks, just in case. If he
starts choking again, we can rush him to the vet immediately. It
horrifies me to think how close we came last time - if his trachea had
ruptured while we were out, we would have lost him, just because we'd
gone out for groceries or something...

Thank you everyone for the purrs and good wishes.

Nadia, Kotyo and Sweety
--
Little Monster pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/nnakova/Kotyo
Sweety pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/nnakova/Sweety
Old August 23rd 12, 10:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_4_]

"Nadia N." wrote:
Bastette wrote:
[...]

I'm so glad Kotyo is all right, I was worried.
--
Adrian
Old August 24th 12, 02:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Nadia N.

Adrian wrote:

I'm so glad Kotyo is all right, I was worried.

Thanks Adrian. He seems all right, although he refused to eat his wet
k/d food last night. But I think this was to guilt me into giving him
some tuna instead. It worked, too, and he wolfed down the tuna in
seconds :-) I think I will let him have whatever food he wants while he
is healing, and we'll get back to the prescription food once he's all
better...

Nadia, Kotyo (spoiled rotten) and Sweety (also spoiled but still has all
her teeth)