tooth extraction purrs?

Old August 20th 12, 04:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Nadia N.

Default tooth extraction purrs?

Yes, it is me again asking for purrs for Kotyo.

He started pawing at his mouth over the weekend, and when I got him in
to see the vet today he was found to have a massively infected tooth
that needs to come out. The operation will be extra complicated because
of his ruptured trachea in May. He can not have normal inhalant
anesthesia because the anesthesia tube could damage his trachea again.
So he'll get his anesthesia via IV, which is harder on the kidneys. Even
so, the vet said that he still needs to put a small tube down his airway
during the operation which will be supplying him with oxygen. He thinks
that this will not damage the trachea because the tube will not actually
be touching it. He is most likely right, but I am so scared that
something will go wrong again...

I have been wanting to get Kotyo's teeth taken care of for 2 years now.
We had scheduled a cleaning 2 years ago, but when we did a blood test
before the cleaning, they found elevated creatinin levels, and so it was
decided that it would be better for his kidneys not to do the cleaning
at that time. Since then, he's been on k/d food, and heart medicine, and
at the last blood test in April his levels had gone down a bit, so I was
going to get the cleaning done then. But that is when his skin tumor
showed up, and he had the operation to remove it, which lead to his
trachea rupturing... So in all this his teeth kept taking a back seat.
So now I have a poor little monster who is pawing at his mouth so much
that he is bleeding. This really has not been Kotyo's year...

The extraction will be on Wednesday, and I would really appreciate some
purrs for him to get through it ok, and for his trachea to not get
damaged this time.

Nadia, Kotyo and Sweety
--
Little Monster pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/nnakova/Kotyo
Sweety pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/nnakova/Sweety
Old August 20th 12, 06:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Nadia N." wrote in message
[...]

Purrs that it goes perfectly.
Tweed

Old August 20th 12, 10:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_4_]

"Nadia N." wrote:
[...]

Poor Kotyo, lots of purrs on the way. He certainly hasn't been having a
very good year. :-(
--
Adrian
Old August 21st 12, 01:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Purrs for both of you are on the way.

--
Joy

A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere.
- Groucho Marx

Old August 21st 12, 12:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Purrs on their way

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old August 21st 12, 02:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
news[_3_]

"Nadia N." wrote in message
Little Monster pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/nnakova/Kotyo
Sweety pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/nnakova/Sweety
Kotyo and Sweety together:
http://picasaweb.google.com/nnakova/KotyoAndSweety

Your cats are some of the most beautiful cats I have ever seen and you take
great photos of them!

Old August 21st 12, 02:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Nadia N.

Lesley wrote:
Purrs on their way

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Thanks Lesley and everyone else for the purrs.

Poor Kotyo's face is so swollen up today. He's hiding under the bed and
is in a lot of pain. I asked the vet for pain medicine yesterday, but he
said that anything he could give him is not good for the kidneys, and
since he'll be under IV anesthesia tomorrow which is also bad for the
kidneys, it is better to have Kotyo in pain for a day than to put too
much stress on his kidneys. So my poor monster is suffering :-(

I've gone from dreading tomorrow to being eager for it to arrive, so
that they will remove that nasty tooth and my baby will feel better.

Nadia, Kotyo and Sweety
Old August 21st 12, 02:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Nadia N.

news wrote:
"Nadia N." wrote in message
Little Monster pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/nnakova/Kotyo
Sweety pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/nnakova/Sweety
Kotyo and Sweety together:
http://picasaweb.google.com/nnakova/KotyoAndSweety

Your cats are some of the most beautiful cats I have ever seen and you take
great photos of them!

Thanks :-) The photos are only as good as the subjects :-)

Nadia, Kotyo and Sweety
Old August 21st 12, 10:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Nadia N." wrote in message
Lesley wrote:
Purrs on their way

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Thanks Lesley and everyone else for the purrs.

Poor Kotyo's face is so swollen up today. He's hiding under the bed and is
in a lot of pain. I asked the vet for pain medicine yesterday, but he said
that anything he could give him is not good for the kidneys, and since
he'll be under IV anesthesia tomorrow which is also bad for the kidneys,
it is better to have Kotyo in pain for a day than to put too much stress
on his kidneys. So my poor monster is suffering :-(

I've gone from dreading tomorrow to being eager for it to arrive, so that
they will remove that nasty tooth and my baby will feel better.

Nadia, Kotyo and Sweety

That's awful! He's suffering, which means you're suffering too. I hope the
extraction eases the pain immediately.

Joy

Old August 23rd 12, 01:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Nadia N. wrote:

[...]

Nadia, how is he doing after the extraction? Feeling better, I hope!

--
Joyce

The sun rose slowly, like a fiery furball coughed up uneasily onto a
sky-blue carpet by a giant unseen cat. -- Michael McGarel