English tea -- and updated pictures of my cats

Old April 14th 14, 10:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

Default English tea -- and updated pictures of my cats

I went to a lovely English tea Saturday afternoon. A local museum uses the
tea as a fundraiser, and they arranged for a ticket for me to thank me
because they have had a display of a number of my paintings for two months.
It was really a beautiful setting and delicious food. Very enjoyable!

We had a selection of little sandwiches (cucumber sandwiches, egg salad
sandwiches and walnut tea sandwiches), small cakes, warm breads and scones
with clotted cream, lemon curd and preserves, all served on a traditional
three-tier service. Everything was very small, so we could have a variety
without feeling that we were overdoing it. We were seated at small tables
with beautiful linens, fresh flowers, and tea in pretty teapots. Gorgeous
fresh camellias at each table!

I posted this information on one of the cooking groups, and several of them
said they would like to see pictures of some of my paintings. I did not
have pictures organized in one location, but I went through some of my files
and selected several of them. I already had several albums for my cats, so
I also did some editing of those albums at the same time–deleted some
pictures and added some new ones. It really needed to be done because my
wonderful Holly died several months ago, and now I have three cats (Duffy,
Selina and Nikki)

My paintings are oil on canvas. Here is the link for the album I set up for
them:
http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/24540613
This is a cat group, so here is the link to the home page. If you go to
that location, you could click on any album that interests you.
http://www.picturetrail.com/maryl101

MaryL

Old April 15th 14, 01:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 4/14/2014 5:40 PM, MaryL wrote:

[...]

They're really wonderful! Thank you for sharing them. I wish I had talent.

This is a cat group, so here is the link to the home page. If you go to
that location, you could click on any album that interests you.
http://www.picturetrail.com/maryl101

MaryL

I love Duffy checking out your painting! This one:

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/4688654

Of course we all know Duffy can't actually see the painting, but that
doesn't stop him. Duffy truly is an amazing cat.

You may recall my SO, John, is also an artist. He has a hard time
keeping his cat (Precious) away from his paint supplies and canvasses
when he's working. At one point Precious, who is a grey tabby
shorthair, knocked open his box of paints and she wound up painted
green. Only briefly!

Jill
Old April 15th 14, 02:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

I love Duffy checking out your painting! This one:

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/4688654

Of course we all know Duffy can't actually see the painting, but that
doesn't stop him. Duffy truly is an amazing cat.

You may recall my SO, John, is also an artist. He has a hard time
keeping his cat (Precious) away from his paint supplies and canvasses
when he's working. At one point Precious, who is a grey tabby
shorthair, knocked open his box of paints and she wound up painted
green. Only briefly!

Jill

~~~~~~~
Yes, I thought about John when I posted those pictures. I know his style is
different than mine, and I wondered what he would think of them. If he is
like me, I really appreciate many style of art even when it is not the type
I use in my own work.

That photography is one of my favorites because it shows how remarkably
adept Duffy is. He climbs all over the place and never damages anything.

MaryL

Old April 15th 14, 02:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 4/14/2014 9:23 PM, MaryL wrote:

I love Duffy checking out your painting! This one:

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/4688654

Of course we all know Duffy can't actually see the painting, but that
doesn't stop him. Duffy truly is an amazing cat.

You may recall my SO, John, is also an artist. He has a hard time
keeping his cat (Precious) away from his paint supplies and canvasses
when he's working. At one point Precious, who is a grey tabby
shorthair, knocked open his box of paints and she wound up painted
green. Only briefly!

Jill

~~~~~~~
Yes, I thought about John when I posted those pictures. I know his
style is different than mine, and I wondered what he would think of
them. If he is like me, I really appreciate many style of art even when
it is not the type I use in my own work.

He certainly does appreciate many styles. Also different mediums.
Sometimes he works in water colours on heavy mat paper. (I think he
should do more of them.) But he likes to be able to go back and fuss
with and change his paintings. Oil on canvas works great for that.

We met because I bought a painting from him in 1979. It's of a spooky
old house. It was done in oil on heavy paper, matted and framed. I
love that painting. It's just the right sort of moody.

That photography is one of my favorites because it shows how remarkably
adept Duffy is. He climbs all over the place and never damages anything.

MaryL

Duffy is truly remarkable. All of your cats are beautiful. I'm still
sad about Holly. I'm glad you adopted Selina.

Jill
Old April 15th 14, 04:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
bhigh

"MaryL" wrote in message ...

*****************

Your paintings are very nice! Thank you for posting them.
Old April 15th 14, 02:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Mon, 14 Apr 2014 16:40:08 -0500, "MaryL"
wrote:

[...]

Wonderful paintings. Now I'm hungry for some fruit.
Old April 16th 14, 12:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On 4/15/2014 12:40 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article , MaryL
wrote:

[...]

What beautiful pictures. I used to paint with oils (am planning do some
more to when I retire) so I know how skilled you are.

the photos are wonderful too. you've cheered up a bad day. Thank you.

Judith

I just now got around to looking at Mary's paintings. They are amazing!
You are really talented, Mary!

Joy

Old April 17th 14, 12:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

I just read this and started browsing, but Nikki - what a stunner! She
looks so perpetually surprised, and the photo of her stretching is just
brilliant. What a cutie pie!
Old April 17th 14, 03:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"Takayuki" wrote in message

I just read this and started browsing, but Nikki - what a stunner! She
looks so perpetually surprised, and the photo of her stretching is just
brilliant. What a cutie pie!

~~~~~~~~~
She is a little lovebug. Nikki was rescued from a Walmart parking lot and
was estimated to be 14-16 weeks of age at the time. The president of our
local chapter of Alley Cats Allies asked if I would consider adopting her.
Luckily for me, I said "yes." She was rescued on a Wednesday, spayed and
given a vet check and shots, and I adopted her on Saturday! She did not
even have time to go into foster care before she came to my home.

MaryL

Old April 18th 14, 12:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Wed, 16 Apr 2014 21:32:57 -0500, "MaryL"
wrote:
She is a little lovebug. Nikki was rescued from a Walmart parking lot and
was estimated to be 14-16 weeks of age at the time. The president of our
local chapter of Alley Cats Allies asked if I would consider adopting her.
Luckily for me, I said "yes." She was rescued on a Wednesday, spayed and
given a vet check and shots, and I adopted her on Saturday! She did not
even have time to go into foster care before she came to my home.

What a lucky little girl. Have you ever considered painting a portrait of
her?