Sad Vet Trip

Old March 31st 06, 11:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Sad Vet Trip

"Shiral" wrote in message
oups.com...
No, not the ULTIMATE sad vet trip, quite yet. But I took Pan in for a
follow up vet visit today, and while Pan's thyroid is normal, Dr. Mell
believes his kidneys are going. There is very little he can do, and
that would only delay the inevitable. When you're an eighteen year-old
cat, you're an eighteen year old cat.

Pan has noticeably slowed down even since January, and although
he's getting enough thyroid now, he's still very thin, but not very
interested in his food after taking the first few bites. He's lost
strength in his hind legs, and spends most of his time sleeping, and he
can't seem to get warm enough. I definitely don't want to see him
suffer. Dr. Mell said "He's ready to go, it's a matter of when you're
ready to let him go."
So......probably next week, I'll have to send him away over the Rainbow
Bridge to rejoin Isadora. I just couldn't do it today, and I doubt I
could do it tomorrow, either.

Lots of ((((BIG HUGS)))) for you and Pan.
I've been there myself and you will know, without any doubt, when the right
time has come.
In the meantime, purrs for your heart.

Tweed, KFC & BF

Old April 1st 06, 02:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 30 Mar 2006 16:45:35 -0800, "Shiral" wrote:

[...]

Melissa

It is so very hard to say goodbye when you really don't want to. What
we really want is a miracle and the fountain of youth for our loved
ones. I offer vitual hugs and purrs for you at this time of incredible
sadness.

I have three of my babies in the back yard. Soon I will plan on this
year's flowers to plant on the sites. And while I plant the flowers I
am talking to each: DC, Max, Amber. I find it a very comforting ritual
as i remember them. I hope you can be comforted with a ritual of your
own.

--
CATherine
Old April 1st 06, 10:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Shiral" wrote in message
oups.com

So......probably next week, I'll have to send him away over the Rainbow
Bridge to rejoin Isadora. I just couldn't do it today, and I doubt I
could do it tomorrow, either.///

Many hugs and purrs. Nobody likes to have to make this realisation about
an older friend and you & Pan are very much in our thoughts and prayers.

Helen M

Old April 1st 06, 09:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Shiral wrote:

[...]

This is so very hard!
We are sending lots and lots of purrs and hugs,
Polonca and Soncek

Old April 2nd 06, 07:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

So sorry to hear that Melissa, it breaks your heart ,
I was told the same thing with Henri he was just over 9 kl
and went down to 5.6 kl when I had to let him go but he
still looked a big cat. Hugs to you both. Jean.

Old April 3rd 06, 12:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Shiral wrote:
[...]

Melissa, so sorry about Pan. Spicey sends purrs for your hurting heart.
Suz&Spicey

Old April 3rd 06, 08:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Thank you all for your kind words. {{{RPCA}}} Pan and I have spent the
weekend doing serious cuddling and heavy petting. I cannot yet bring
myself to make his last appointment, but the contrast between his
weariness and general weakness and the two young, healthy girl cats is
too clear to ignore. In the meantime he's getting lots of treats, and
lots of love.

Melissa

Old April 3rd 06, 10:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Shiral wrote:
Thank you all for your kind words. {{{RPCA}}} Pan and I have spent the
weekend doing serious cuddling and heavy petting. I cannot yet bring
myself to make his last appointment, but the contrast between his
weariness and general weakness and the two young, healthy girl cats is
too clear to ignore. In the meantime he's getting lots of treats, and
lots of love.

Melissa

You'll know when the time is right. Purrs for Pan's happiness for his
remaining days.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.