Popping back in

Old July 29th 08, 09:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Default Popping back in

Hi there. Got my laptop working, sort of at least.

Updates: no one has fallen into the sea since I last posted. The
swallows have left their nest under the dock, so it's unlikely that
Caliban will take a dive this summer. But I do have a short clip of him
on the dock with the swallows diving at him. I'll upload it to Youtube
when I get back to town (and broadband).

Caliban and Emil are slowly making friends. Yesterday, when they met on
the cliffs, Cal ran happily towards Emil and they sniffed noses and
butts. A while later, Emil was lying on the cliff, and Caliban came at
him, tried to bite his neck, and they wrestled for two seconds. Then
they lay beside each other for a moment before getting up and walking
off in different directions. There's something so lame about the two of
them. Just when you think they'll start playing with each other, they
just walk off and ignore each other. Today, when Caliban saw Emil in the
morning, he ran up to him and mrrped, they sniffed noses and butts, then
walked off again.

Miranda's appetite is much better out here on the island, which figures
since it's harder than usual to keep her in fresh meat every day here.
Luckily I have the desiccated meat for her, and she continues to like
that, so I can eke out her food with that.

We've had a bit of a palaver with a neighbour's doxie. She's a very
happy little d*g who comes a-visiting every now and then, but the cats
are soo not happy with her. I think Caliban spent over an hour up a tree
yesterday after Nala had been here, snuffling around all over our lot.
He was very upset, and didn't even come home until well over an hour
after his dinner time, which is quite unheard of. Our neighbours seem to
think the leash laws do not apply to them (the father is one of the
richest people in Finland).

We're having a hot, dry spell and are seeing a lot of Flat Cat Syndrome.
The cats love rolling around on the smooth warm cliffs. I think my niece
has numerous pictures of them doing this. She said she's taken over
1,000 photos here, so it will be some time before she has them organized
and uploaded to flickr. But it will be worth the wait, I promise.

Purrs to all, and my deepest condolences to Susan and your family.
Haven't had time to read much else yet (1297 unread messages).

Old July 29th 08, 12:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Marina wrote:
Hi there. Got my laptop working, sort of at least.

Yay!!!!

He was very upset, and didn't even come home until well over an hour
after his dinner time, which is quite unheard of. Our neighbours seem to
think the leash laws do not apply to them (the father is one of the
richest people in Finland).

Awwww... poor Caliban. Have you had a conversation with your neighbor?

Scritches to all!

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old July 29th 08, 02:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine K

Marina kirjoitti:

We've had a bit of a palaver with a neighbour's doxie. She's a very
happy little d*g who comes a-visiting every now and then, but the cats
are soo not happy with her. I think Caliban spent over an hour up a tree
yesterday after Nala had been here, snuffling around all over our lot.
He was very upset, and didn't even come home until well over an hour
after his dinner time, which is quite unheard of. Our neighbours seem to
think the leash laws do not apply to them (the father is one of the
richest people in Finland).

OTOH all the cats are roaming free too, so one li'l doxie and... how
many cats are there...?? some seven-eight or so? Do the cats always stay
on your property only, or do they wander over onto the neighbours' lots?
Let the doxie have some freedom, she's on vacation just like your
furkids are...

--
Christine in Laitila, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old July 30th 08, 03:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Marina wrote:

Hi there. Got my laptop working, sort of at least.

Glad to hear from you. I saw one of your other posts before this
one and for a moment I thought your vacation was already over!

Updates: no one has fallen into the sea since I last posted.

That's good to know. It sounds very dramatic when you put it that way.

We're having a hot, dry spell and are seeing a lot of Flat Cat Syndrome.
The cats love rolling around on the smooth warm cliffs. I think my niece
has numerous pictures of them doing this. She said she's taken over
1,000 photos here, so it will be some time before she has them organized
and uploaded to flickr. But it will be worth the wait, I promise.

I know it will!

Hope you're having a great time.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old July 30th 08, 07:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Victor Martinez wrote:

Awwww... poor Caliban. Have you had a conversation with your neighbor?

Scritches to all!

Scritches duly administered and appreciated. The neighbours always
apologize profusely, but they seem to be unable to keep the dog on their
section (which is about ten times as large as our section).

Old July 30th 08, 07:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Christine K wrote:

OTOH all the cats are roaming free too, so one li'l doxie and... how
many cats are there...?? some seven-eight or so? Do the cats always stay
on your property only, or do they wander over onto the neighbours' lots?
Let the doxie have some freedom, she's on vacation just like your
furkids are...

There are no leash laws for cats (exccept some cities have their own
bylaws). But all dogs are supposed to be kept on a leash during the
summer months. Their section is also about ten times as large as ours,
so you'd think they could keep their dog on their side. Even if the cats
wander into their section, they definitely don't go near their houses or
chase and scare their dogs.

Old August 3rd 08, 10:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Marina wrote:
Hi there. Got my laptop working, sort of at least.

Updates: no one has fallen into the sea since I last posted. The
swallows have left their nest under the dock, so it's unlikely that
Caliban will take a dive this summer. But I do have a short clip of him
on the dock with the swallows diving at him. I'll upload it to Youtube
when I get back to town (and broadband).

Caliban and Emil are slowly making friends. snip

Welcome back, Marina! We missed you.
Very much looking forward to more stories and pics,
Polonca and Soncek