CAT LADY WANTED

Old July 7th 08, 09:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Default CAT LADY WANTED

Wayne Mitchell wrote:
"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

Very little, since (according to law enforcement) one frequently leads
to the other!

How would law enforcement know and why would you believe them in
preference to those who actually study the problem?

Are you saying law enforcement DOESN'T "study" it? Who would have
better access to the facts - and the suspect's history? (Including
testimony of psychiatrists?)
Old July 7th 08, 09:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote in
:

outsider wrote:
"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote in
:

wrote:
Jofirey wrote:

Sorry, I don't make allowance for parent child incest.

Either do I. But I didn't see anything about that here. And Matthew
made references, but he didn't back it up with any facts, so how do
I know it's even true?

Do you see no distinction at all between fantasies or stories about
incest and real child abuse?
Very little, since (according to law enforcement) one frequently leads
to the other!

And you know this, how? Can you site references? Studies?

From news stories and magazine articles over a period of many years.
(You might check with the FBI, too.) Google is your friend! (And
that's "cite", not "site".)

You might check with someone who actually knows about the scientific
method. While you are googling why don't you lookup "affirming the
consequent". There is no evidence that states people who have fantasies
become anything. This law-enforcement mumbo-jumbo has no basis in fact.
but this thread is getting stupid. You can believe what you want; free
country. If you want to believe laws should exist that tell two adults
what they can do with each other that is your right. I just keep hoping
you are a minority because that kind of thing can escalate. This will be
my final post on this; last word is your.

Andy
Old July 7th 08, 09:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Jul 7, 12:10*pm, hopitus wrote:
"Profiles" are only available if the interface being used to view
this **USENET** Group is Google Groups.

You don't need to do it that way. *Anybody can use the "Advanced Group
Search" feature on Google Groups, whatever newsreader they have - it
doesn't require a Google account and gives you the same information.
But it's a bit of a pain to use and I don't do it unless I'm really
suspicious. *"John"'s initial message didn't seem that far out of the
ordinary.
CD-ROMs and free stuff: *Scottish music, food intolerance, and Mac logic fonts

As I said, they pop up every day or so and I usually ignore their
posts...didn't even
notice the latest from TigerBoy till it got way down to the "vacuums"
topic, LOL.
Some of us don't work anymore, are easily bored, and have nothing
better to do
than dig up funny stuff on the Net rather than glue ourselves to the
tv. It seems to
be true that cats sleep about 22 hours daily and though they are great
company I
do hate to disturb them....

Well, if you ever get bored enough to take a daily nap (BTDT)....they
make
great nap-partners. Yoda is the best. You don't have to worry about
kicking him
accidentally or disturbing him. He just goes with the flow and rolls
over

Sherry
Old July 7th 08, 10:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote:
"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

wrote:

Individual posts on a thread often don't arrive in the same order at
everyone's news server, nor necessarily in the order they were posted.
So even if you got the personals post first, that doesn't mean it was
the first one he posted.

You misunderstand! No matter which browser I use, an arrangement by
"Subject" means that titles are listed alphabetically, and all existing
posts under each title are shown before the next title appears.

But in order for your browser to access the files, they must be at the
server where you're reading them. And they don't always arrive at your
news server in the same order in which they've been posted. A Usenet file
can be posted from anywhere that has news-posting capability. Who knows
when that post is going to drift over to the news server you happen to be
reading from?

Doesn't matter! All the available posts for one title download
(more-or-less in date order), then all the available posts for the next
title, etc. The posting/arrival time for a given set of posts is
immaterial. At whatever time I choose to read a newsgroup, my browser
downloads all posts for each title, before proceeding to the next one.
The time posted is immaterial - "CAT LADY WANTED" begins with a "C", the
post about the dead cat had a title beginning with a letter that occurs
later on in the alphabet. (Ergo......)
Old July 8th 08, 12:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

Doesn't matter! All the available posts for one title download
(more-or-less in date order), then all the available posts for the next
title, etc. The posting/arrival time for a given set of posts is
immaterial. At whatever time I choose to read a newsgroup, my browser
downloads all posts for each title, before proceeding to the next one.
The time posted is immaterial - "CAT LADY WANTED" begins with a "C", the
post about the dead cat had a title beginning with a letter that occurs
later on in the alphabet. (Ergo......)

Apologies if you're bored to tears with this topic. (Same to everyone
else, who have probably stopped reading this thread anyway.)

Semi-hypothetical situation:

Let's say you read a bunch of posts on Monday, July 7. Among these
posts is Tigerboy's personal ad post. Suppose that is the only post of
his that has arrived on your server as of that day. Then that is the
first post of his that you will see.

You finish reading and log off.

The next day, you go back and read news again. Suddenly, there is
Tigerboy's post about his cat. It has arrived a day later. So you are
seeing it *after* you saw the personals post. He might have posted the
cat post first, but it did not arrive at *your* server until July 8.
So, no matter how you sort your messages while reading on the 7th, the
cat post will not come first, second, or 1000th, because *it is not
there yet*.

(In this scenario, if you don't read news on the 7th, but do read on the
8th, then yes, it's true that both posts will be there. And because you
sort articles alphabetically, it won't matter what order they arrived.)

Joyce ^..^

Old July 8th 08, 02:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Wayne Mitchell

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

Are you saying law enforcement DOESN'T "study" it?

Exactly. You won't find any law enforcement agency anywhere that keeps
any record at all of how many people have fantasies of breaking the law
but never do.

(Over the last several years I've had *innumerable* fantasies of
satisfying ways to obliterate my noisy next-door neighbors -- usually
involving shotguns or baseball bats. The cops have no record of any of
them.)

In fact, law enforcement is just about the last place one should look
for anyone with a scientific grasp of the criminogenic potential of
fantasy.
--

Wayne M.
Old July 8th 08, 02:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Wayne Mitchell

hopitus wrote:

It seems to
be true that cats sleep about 22 hours daily and though they are great
company I
do hate to disturb them....

Oh, I've figured out that I really don't need to worry about that. They
have no compunction about disturbing *my* sleep -- and they get back to
sleep much quicker than I do. So if I feel like smooching, I smooch.
Sometimes they grumble, but usually they smooch back, or at least give
me a quick purr.
--

Wayne M.

Update on old lady cat ~Echo~ Cat health & behaviour 2 April 8th 06 03:49 AM
cat lady Bridget Cat anecdotes 16 February 20th 06 04:13 PM
Cat Lady [email protected] Cat anecdotes 4 June 12th 05 03:57 PM
Such a little lady O J Cat anecdotes 102 October 13th 04 03:04 AM
The Bag Lady O J Cat anecdotes 9 September 17th 04 12:39 PM