Buffy & the Plumbers

Old February 21st 18, 04:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Buffy & the Plumbers

Yesterday, I had a plumber come out to unclog the master bathroom sinks
and to remove the awful pop-up stoppers that are the cause of all the
issues! Call me a luddite, I want rubber stoppers in the sink.

Now, I never know how Buffy is going to react to people who come into
the house. There was an electrician here last weekend replacing an
electrical outlet. She didn't hide from him. She rubbed up against his
boot! He gave her scritches.

When the plumbers arrived yesterday afternoon, she was sitting on the
pet steps in the dining room, looking out the window. I was at the
computer in the living room. Suddenly she shot off like a rocket... I
didn't see exactly where she went. But I thought: Aha! The plumbers
are here! LOL

I went to the front door and opened it just as he raised his hand to
knock. That took him by surprise. I said, "My cat alarm let me know
you were here."

The plumber brought an apprentice with him. The apprentice noticed some
cat art on the walls opposite the sinks. He asked, "You like cats?"
Yep, there's one around here somewhere. I said good thing about a cat,
you don't have to walk it. He laughed and said, "But they'll walk on
you!" Yeah, this guy knows cats.

He was admiring a particular lithograph print my SO gave me a few years
ago. A black & white big fat cat. He said, "I used to draw like that.
When I was in art school." I wasn't expecting to hear that.

They weren't here all that long. It was an easy fix. They got rid of
those stupid pop-up stoppers which cause the majority of clogs in this
old house.

Buffy hid the entire time they were here. After I showed them out I saw
her crawl out from under the sofa in the living room. She hardly ever
goes under there. She checked all over the house after they left.
Investigated the master bath... looked out front. Went into the hallway
because, sometimes when the HVAC unit is serviced someone is up in the
attic. She remembers things like this. She searched the house to make
sure no one was here.

Is that weird or what?

Jill
Old February 21st 18, 08:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
joy

On 2/21/2018 7:30 AM, jmcquown wrote:
Yesterday, I had a plumber come out to unclog the master bathroom sinks
and to remove the awful pop-up stoppers that are the cause of all the
issues!Â* Call me a luddite, I want rubber stoppers in the sink.

Now, I never know how Buffy is going to react to people who come into
the house.Â* There was an electrician here last weekend replacing an
electrical outlet.Â* She didn't hide from him.Â* She rubbed up against his
boot!Â* He gave her scritches.

When the plumbers arrived yesterday afternoon, she was sitting on the
pet steps in the dining room, looking out the window.Â* I was at the
computer in the living room.Â* Suddenly she shot off like a rocket... I
didn't see exactly where she went.Â* But I thought: Aha!Â* The plumbers
are here! LOL

I went to the front door and opened it just as he raised his hand to
knock.Â* That took him by surprise.Â* I said, "My cat alarm let me know
you were here."

The plumber brought an apprentice with him.Â* The apprentice noticed some
cat art on the walls opposite the sinks.Â* He asked, "You like cats?"
Yep, there's one around here somewhere.Â* I said good thing about a cat,
you don't have to walk it.Â* He laughed and said, "But they'll walk on
you!"Â* Yeah, this guy knows cats.

He was admiring a particular lithograph print my SO gave me a few years
ago.Â* A black & white big fat cat.Â* He said, "I used to draw like that.
When I was in art school."Â* I wasn't expecting to hear that.

They weren't here all that long.Â* It was an easy fix.Â* They got rid of
those stupid pop-up stoppers which cause the majority of clogs in this
old house.

Buffy hid the entire time they were here.Â* After I showed them out I saw
her crawl out from under the sofa in the living room.Â* She hardly ever
goes under there.Â* She checked all over the house after they left.
Investigated the master bath... looked out front.Â* Went into the hallway
because, sometimes when the HVAC unit is serviced someone is up in the
attic.Â* She remembers things like this.Â* She searched the house to make
sure no one was here.

Is that weird or what?

Jill

Nope. She's a cat.

Joy
Old February 25th 18, 09:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 2/25/2018 2:43 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article ,
jmcquown wrote:
[...]

It is weird but we all know cats are weird. maybe she picked up on
something about them that was wrong. They can be clever like that too. The
trouble is we rarely find out why.

Judith

I got a bit of a weird vibe off them. Pne of the first things he asked
me was am I married? Not sure what that has to do with a blocked drain.
I locked the door when they left. I don't often feel the need to do that.

Jill
Old February 27th 18, 04:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 2/27/2018 9:38 AM, Judith Latham wrote:
wrote:
[...]

I think you were very wise. We once had some window sales people here, we
took them in the dining room to talk but we didn't like them, there was
just something we didn't know what. Sophie (RB) was very upset and uneasy,
it was the only time we saw her like that. these two men became very pushy
and even threatening and wouldn't leave unless we bought their product.
They were from a well known company too. We threatened to call the police
and still they wouldn't go until I pretended to call the police.

Strong arm sales tactics, that's no fun. Cats are intuitive, that's for
sure.

I didn't like the fact that this guy immediately asked me if I am married.

Um... my marital status doesn't have whit to do with you unclogging the
sinks in the bathroom.

Sorry, that's not your business. And he was a little creepy. Long
greasy hair, and he had a weird way of blinking at me constantly. He
was "twitchy". His apprentice (who pretty much just stood around and
watched but who also noticed the cat lithograph) was not at all odd but
the guy doing the work on the drains was odd. And inquisitive.

As a woman living alone I sometimes feel people are trying to figure out
if I'm an easy mark. Except they were sent by my home warranty company,
so it was a fixed rate/service call.

Maybe some guy looking for a rich widow? (I'm not one.) He made a point
of saying how nice this house and neighborhood is. And oh, you aren't
married? What's wrong with the men around here?

Excuse me?! It's none of your business whether or not I'm married and
if not, why not. Just unclog the drains and leave my house.

Yes, I locked the door after they left. I didn't like him and Buffy
definitely didn't like him. She's a smart cat.

Jill

Pic s of Buffy jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 6 August 26th 17 02:32 PM
New pic of Buffy jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 2 April 5th 17 09:37 PM
A New Buffy Pic jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 1 October 6th 15 10:51 PM
Buffy Pic jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 38 June 21st 15 06:01 PM
Another Buffy Pic jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 1 June 20th 15 07:47 PM