Cat spends whole days in our bed!

Old August 23rd 05, 01:19 AM
Spot

It takes a bit for new cat servents to grasp the concept that they are there
for the sole purpose of keeping the cat happy..............

I type this as a tail flips back n forth across my keyboard........LOL

Celeste

"cathyxyz" wrote in message
Newbie wrote:
We are inexperienced, with a new cat. She has had quite a few favorite
spots to rest, from an outside chair to various rugs in the house.
Lately she has decided to spend whole days on our bed. Is this harmless
or should we coax her out of this? In other words, should there be an
enforced distinction between her furniture and ours?

Hmmm. You really are new at this, aren't you? Watch my lips: the cat
owns you, (not the other way around).

--
Cheers
Cathy(xyz)

Old August 23rd 05, 05:17 PM
Lesley

nightshade wrote:
Cats sleep for 18 hours they say, unless mine have something to do they'll
sleep.

18 hours? Fugazi (RB) could top that easily, she just loved to sleep
and we reckon a small nuclear explosion would have to go off near her
face before she would even deign to open one eye.

When Sarrasine is out for count, she is totally out, as a kitten Dave
picked up her and shook her convinced she was dead and still she didn't
move. He was so sure she was dead that he was wondering whether to give
her the kiss of life and for that matter how to and in a complete panic
when she opened one eye and made that short harsh noise that translates
as "f**k off" and went back to sleep.

Every so often we have asked each other the all important question "Is
Sarrasine still breathing?"

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old August 23rd 05, 06:41 PM
Abe

When Sarrasine is out for count, she is totally out, as a kitten Dave
picked up her and shook her convinced she was dead and still she didn't
move. He was so sure she was dead that he was wondering whether to give
her the kiss of life and for that matter how to and in a complete panic
when she opened one eye and made that short harsh noise that translates
as "f**k off" and went back to sleep.

Every so often we have asked each other the all important question "Is
Sarrasine still breathing?"

-----
I used to have a tuxedo named "Max the sausage cat" because of his
unusually long body. He'd sleep wrapped around the back of my neck,
oblivious to all intrusions. I still miss him.
Old August 24th 05, 02:51 AM
Spot

Awwww, he sounds a lot like my Meowzer that passed away years ago. I'd
often wake up to find him curled around the top of my head like a cat
hat.......... I really miss the big ole furball sleeping with me. He
also loved crawling under the covers and snuggling up against my tummy to
sleep.

Celeste

Old August 24th 05, 12:02 PM
Alex Panda

"Newbie" wrote in message
We are inexperienced, with a new cat. She has had quite a few favorite
spots to rest, from an outside chair to various rugs in the house.
Lately she has decided to spend whole days on our bed. Is this harmless
or should we coax her out of this? In other words, should there be an
enforced distinction between her furniture and ours?

We rarely allow Khamun to sleep on our bed, he has a chair and a little bed
of his own downstairs. He goes outside so can sometimes be a bit grubby.

Old August 25th 05, 04:56 AM
AKA gray asphalt

"Abe" wrote in message
When Sarrasine is out for count, she is totally out, as a kitten Dave
picked up her and shook her convinced she was dead and still she didn't
move. He was so sure she was dead that he was wondering whether to give
her the kiss of life and for that matter how to and in a complete panic
when she opened one eye and made that short harsh noise that translates
as "f**k off" and went back to sleep.

Every so often we have asked each other the all important question "Is
Sarrasine still breathing?"

-----
I used to have a tuxedo named "Max the sausage cat" because of his
unusually long body. He'd sleep wrapped around the back of my neck,
oblivious to all intrusions. I still miss him.

We're keeping a friends tuxedo. She seems to have made the transition
to a new environment in about 4 seconds. She sleeps on me, next to me,
behind my head, across me like she's stretching and often just flops down
on me. She's a hard cat not to like.

Old August 25th 05, 08:25 PM

Newbie wrote:
We are inexperienced, with a new cat. She has had quite a few favorite
spots to rest, from an outside chair to various rugs in the house.
Lately she has decided to spend whole days on our bed. Is this harmless
or should we coax her out of this? In other words, should there be an
enforced distinction between her furniture and ours?

You can train them, with a squirt bottle or squirt gun, not to go on
certain areas. We have trained ours to avoid the kitchen counters, the
stove, and the kitchen table (anywhere food is prepared/served.)

As for the bed though, we quite LIKE sharing our bed with our four
cats.

As long as your new cat is getting enough exercise and attention, it
doesn't matter one bit if she spends much of her time in your bed. Our
Nocturne loves being on our pillows, and is there most of the day (they
do sleep 14-16 hours a day; that's natural for cats.)

--Fil

Old August 25th 05, 10:32 PM
AKA gray asphalt

wrote in message oups.com...

Newbie wrote:
[...]

I really like the name Nocturne.

It's been a miserable few days Kreisleriana Cat anecdotes 16 June 16th 05 12:24 PM
Recipes (WAS: The world is really unstable these days) jmcquown Cat anecdotes 6 May 17th 05 01:01 AM
Some Days Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 1 April 8th 05 09:15 PM
easy money in 30 days trip Cat health & behaviour 0 March 11th 05 03:40 AM
Bye for a few days Susan M Cat anecdotes 5 November 21st 03 01:40 PM