Kitten has brown stuff coming from eye.

Old June 30th 06, 05:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
lucy707 via CatKB.com

Default Kitten has brown stuff coming from eye.

I'm kind of worried about my two month old kitten. She has this brown liquid
stuff coming from her right eye. I have seen other cats with stuff around
their eyes, but this is like a liquid. If I wipe it with toilet paper, it
looks brown. I really don't know how else to describe it. The woman we got
her from said that when she gave her a bath she put mineral oil drops in her
eyes. could this be the cause? Is this a serious problem and should I be
worriedabout her health? Please, any advice is really appreciated.

Old June 30th 06, 11:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bit-o-honey

lucy707 via CatKB.com wrote:
I'm kind of worried about my two month old kitten. She has this brown liquid
stuff coming from her right eye. I have seen other cats with stuff around
their eyes, but this is like a liquid. If I wipe it with toilet paper, it
looks brown. I really don't know how else to describe it. The woman we got
her from said that when she gave her a bath she put mineral oil drops in her
eyes. could this be the cause? Is this a serious problem and should I be
worriedabout her health? Please, any advice is really appreciated.

brown is the color of blood and marrow

that weirdo who "claims" she put oil in his eye?
for no good darn reason?

she's lying, that's blood finding it's way out of his eye area

he may have something sharp lodged under his eye lid

is it puffy around his eye?

what color are is eyes?

Old June 30th 06, 11:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Wendy

"lucy707 via CatKB.com" u23450@uwe wrote in message
I'm kind of worried about my two month old kitten. She has this brown
liquid
stuff coming from her right eye. I have seen other cats with stuff around
their eyes, but this is like a liquid. If I wipe it with toilet paper, it
looks brown. I really don't know how else to describe it. The woman we got
her from said that when she gave her a bath she put mineral oil drops in
her
eyes. could this be the cause? Is this a serious problem and should I be
worriedabout her health? Please, any advice is really appreciated.

You don't want to let this continue for very long. Cats shouldn't have weepy
eyes. I think I'd take her to see the vet. She might need an antibiotic eye
ointment. If that doesn't do the trick the kitty might have a herpes
infection. That can be addressed by giving her some L-lysine. L-lysine can
be purchased at a health food store. You can give her 250 mg a day. If you
get a pill crusher (I think they are available places like Pet Smart) you
can mix the powder in with canned food. I've seen lysine do wonders for a
couple of rescue cats who had chronic weeping eyes.

Old June 30th 06, 03:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
AZ Nomad

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 04:46:31 GMT, lucy707 via CatKB.com u23450@uwe wrote:

I'm kind of worried about my two month old kitten. She has this brown liquid
stuff coming from her right eye. I have seen other cats with stuff around
their eyes, but this is like a liquid. If I wipe it with toilet paper, it
looks brown. I really don't know how else to describe it. The woman we got
her from said that when she gave her a bath she put mineral oil drops in her
eyes. could this be the cause? Is this a serious problem and should I be
worriedabout her health? Please, any advice is really appreciated.

why haven't you seen a vet?
Old June 30th 06, 11:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
lucy707 via CatKB.com

why haven't you seen a vet?

i'm taking her in to get her shots soon, so i'll ask about it then.
thanks!

Old June 30th 06, 11:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Stacey Weinberger

why haven't you seen a vet?

i'm taking her in to get her shots soon, so i'll ask about it then.
thanks!

Sometimes "soon" isn't soon enough. This sounds like a serious problem. If
you had a child with brown oozing out of its eye would you wait?

Stacey

Old July 1st 06, 06:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
lucy707 via CatKB.com

Stacey Weinberger wrote:
why haven't you seen a vet?

i'm taking her in to get her shots soon, so i'll ask about it then.
thanks!

Sometimes "soon" isn't soon enough. This sounds like a serious problem. If
you had a child with brown oozing out of its eye would you wait?

Stacey

Haha well first of all I'm fifteen, so I don't plan on having a kid anytime
soon. When any of us kids gets sick, we usually wait it out for a day or two
to see how we feel before going to to the doctor. Plus, a cat Second of all,
don't try to act like I don't care about this cat. I promised that I would
take care of her myself. Just because I can't really pay to go to the vet at
random moments doesn't mean I don't care. I'm working for the money. Yes I am
concerned about my kitten's well-being. However, she's still eating and
drinking and she's extremely playful. I plan on taking her to the vet next
week (as in a few days). And I will ask my mother to look at her eye, because
she has a lot of experience with cats. If she is concerned about it, we will
take her on Monday. I've never had a cat, and I didn't come here to get
"scolded" from pretentious cat owners. I came here for advice. So instead of
trying to accuse me of being irresponsible why don't you try to give me some
pointers?

Old July 1st 06, 06:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
22brix

Stacey Weinberger wrote:
[...]

I'm sure you do care for your kitty but kittens are so fragile and you
really don't want to mess around with eye problems. Depending on what the
problem is, an animal can end up blind without proper treatment. Short of
blindness, some eye problems are excruciatingly painful. It shouldn't be
that expensive--maybe an office visit and some drops or ointment depending
on what they find. I'm glad she's acting playful and eating well.

Good luck with your kitten, Bonnie

Old July 1st 06, 07:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew

Lucy I got one question do you plan to take the cat to a vet ASAP. If so
than great you need to do so as soon as you possible can. Something like
this no matter how much experience your mom has or anyone else does is not
something to play with. It sounds like an infection which can easily kill
kittens or spread to the other animals in the house.
I am experienced myself as quite a few others in this group are. I have
owned and been around cats since birth over 40+ + + years ago ( my exact age
is my business and no one else's he he ) and was a shelter volunteer and
rescuer till recently. And I would take the kitten to the vet without
hesitation on this matter

The posters out here are used to people trying to get a medical diagnoses
over the internet taking the easy and cheap way out. That is why the
lecture they give and they have every right to. You are new to this group
if you could have seen some of the post they have you would be the same way

If we could post all the idiots that have come out here that have asked the
most dumbest questions with the most obvious answers which is seek medical
attention now you ought to see how many get ****ed off that we tell them to
do that. Example my cat is limping on his back legs or my cat keeps falling
over what could be wrong or my cat can't move his back legs my cats has
blood coming out of his mouth

So you are right that we should be giving pointers but you need to
understand where we are coming from. Please keep us inform on the kittens
We will gladly help out in any way we can but Please sooner than later for
the vet