Tales from the Mouser (almost). Frank and Nikki prepare to receive their guests

Old August 20th 04, 05:40 PM
Marina

Default Tales from the Mouser (almost). Frank and Nikki prepare to receive their guests

Out on an island - not too big and not too small, but just right - outside
the southwestern coast of Finland, two black and white cats are bustling
about. They are preparing everything for whern the Mouser arrives with all
their cat friends from around the world. Well, Frank is more excited because
Waffles is going to 'port over for a romantic weekend before the Mouser
comes and while her hoomin is in Bordeaux, cycling and sampling the product.
He can't wait, and though he should be on the lookout for the Mouser (it's
his turn), what he is really looking for is the twinkling of Waffles'
teleporter.

http://tinyurl.com/6zdh2

Nikki twitches her tail in irritation. "That Waffles thinks she's the be-all
and end-all in hunting. I'm at least as good as she is, probably better,
only I don't get to practice my skills all year round like she does." Nikki
goes around and checks that all the vole holes are fresh, meaning they are
inhabited, so that she can lead the kitties from the Mouser on a little
hunt. They will want to stretch their legs after the long voyage on board.
She stands on her back paws and thoughtfully scratches at a pine tree -
"hmmm. yes. Very nice, firm but yielding bark, and a little moss to tickle
you nicely between your toes."

Nikki goes down to the little bay by Grandmeowmie's house. She peers into
the reeds for a while, then she plunges into the water and swims over to
where the water voles usually hang out. She stays at a good distance; after
all, she's not hunting now, and she doesn't want to scare them away. There
they are! This is where she will give her demonstration in under-water
hunting to the young cats. She swims back to shore and climbs up on the
warm, smooth cliff to dry herself. Suddenly she has an idea. She will dare
Waffles to swim out and nab a water vole! Nikki snickers to herself. We'll
see who's the tough hunter catlady then.

On the other side of the headland, Frank is still sitting on his big stone,
pretending to keep an eye out for the Mouser, but dreaming of the weekend
with Waffles. They will lay in the sun and roll around on the cliffs. He
can't wait to escort her to his den where they will SENSORED SENSORED
SENSORED.

Nikki comes back from her round and sees Frank lying on the stone, obviously
not keeping watch or doing anything useful. She jumps up on the boulder
beside him and bites his tail.
"Ouch! What'd you do that for??"
"Don't give me that martyred look. I'm not as stupid as our hoomin. That
won't work with me. Here I am, working my tail off, making sure everything
is ready when our friends arrive, and here you are, lying around and mooning
over your precious Waffles. Are you really going to let me do all the work
around here?"
"No, I... well, you see..." Frank pulls himself together. "Now look here,
you can't talk to me like that. I'm the older one, and it's my right to be
the boss and tell you what to do around here. In fact, I'm the oldest cat on
the island so you should all look up to me and revere me."
Nikki snorts as she remembers the fiasco with Kasper... and the time Linus
chased her and Frank did nothing... well, at least he chased away that
stupid d*g that time.

Frank and Nikki both jump off their boulders and go out on the headland to
keep watch for any sign of the good ship Mouser (or Waffles' teleporter).

http://tinyurl.com/6omco

Old August 20th 04, 08:31 PM
Julie Snowshoe

story reluctantly snipped

Outstanding, Marina. I enjoyed this installment very much.
Julie

Old August 20th 04, 08:31 PM
Julie Snowshoe

Old August 20th 04, 08:31 PM
Julie Snowshoe

Old August 21st 04, 05:30 AM
Marina

"Julie Snowshoe" wrote
story reluctantly snipped

Outstanding, Marina. I enjoyed this installment very much.
Julie

Thank you, Julie. I enjoyed all the other stories so much, so I wanted to
make a contribution, too.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old August 21st 04, 08:17 PM
SUQKRT

In article , Julie Snowshoe
wrote:

story reluctantly snipped

Outstanding, Marina. I enjoyed this installment very much.
Julie

Is anyone besides Google archieving the Mouser 2004 voyage? They should all be
put together, maybe on Catslaves?
Suz
Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

Waiting for inspiration. Please hold while I contemplate my navel.

|\__/|
(=':'=)
(")_(")