Got the Sherpa bag from Petsmart online

Old July 12th 06, 04:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Monique Y. Mudama

Default Got the Sherpa bag from Petsmart online

The red isn't as painfully bright as it looks online; in fact, it
looks pretty nice.

I like everything about it so far. Oscar even poked her head into it
briefly already. Kind of amazing, as it smells strongly of plastic
from the packaging.

Anyway, I hope I won't have to use it till her annual checkup in
December, giving her plenty of time to view it as a bed ... but we'll
see.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old July 12th 06, 04:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
The red isn't as painfully bright as it looks online; in fact, it
looks pretty nice.

I like everything about it so far. Oscar even poked her head into it
briefly already. Kind of amazing, as it smells strongly of plastic
from the packaging.

Anyway, I hope I won't have to use it till her annual checkup in
December, giving her plenty of time to view it as a bed ... but we'll
see.

I saw it in Petsmart and it is pretty nice. Rusty went inside his new
carrier and slept there.
I am sure Oscar will love the Sherpa bag. Maybe you can take her out
for walks inside the carrier to get her used to it. I may do the same
with Rusty. Hopefully this way he won't
associate it with going to the vet.

Winnie

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old July 12th 06, 06:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

I saw a carrier in Walmart recently that someone may like. It was pretty
small and seemed to weigh less than 3 pounds, and priced under $15. You
might find one in the pet bedding department of your local Walmart.

I'd like to see a pic of the Petsmart sherpa. Or a link to its page.

Old July 12th 06, 03:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

Pat wrote:
I saw a carrier in Walmart recently that someone may like. It was pretty
small and seemed to weigh less than 3 pounds, and priced under $15. You
might find one in the pet bedding department of your local Walmart.

That sounds like just what I need. But I did check the local Walmart
and didn't find anything.
I ended up buying a carrier from Petsmart. It is similar, but not the
Sherpa bag Monique
mentioned, which is also available there.

Winnie

I'd like to see a pic of the Petsmart sherpa. Or a link to its page.

Old July 12th 06, 06:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2006-07-12, Winnie penned:

I saw it in Petsmart and it is pretty nice. Rusty went inside his
new carrier and slept there. I am sure Oscar will love the Sherpa
bag. Maybe you can take her out for walks inside the carrier to get
her used to it. I may do the same with Rusty. Hopefully this way he
won't associate it with going to the vet.

I don't know that Oscar would be all that thrilled to go on walkies.
Maybe worth a try once she feels better. She looked interested in it,
so I'm hoping we won't have to take her anywhere any time soon, and
she'll see it as just another lounging spot.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old July 12th 06, 06:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

On 2006-07-12, Winnie penned:

I saw it in Petsmart and it is pretty nice. Rusty went inside his
new carrier and slept there. I am sure Oscar will love the Sherpa
bag. Maybe you can take her out for walks inside the carrier to get
her used to it. I may do the same with Rusty. Hopefully this way he
won't associate it with going to the vet.

I don't know that Oscar would be all that thrilled to go on walkies.
Maybe worth a try once she feels better. She looked interested in it,
so I'm hoping we won't have to take her anywhere any time soon, and
she'll see it as just another lounging spot.

Save up your money and get one of those pet strollers from Drs Foster &
Smith I saw a woman pushing one around at the last art show in Kansas;
puppies, not cats. They seemed quite content to ride around in it!

Jill

Old July 12th 06, 08:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2006-07-12, jmcquown penned:

Save up your money and get one of those pet strollers from Drs
Foster & Smith I saw a woman pushing one around at the last art
show in Kansas; puppies, not cats. They seemed quite content to
ride around in it!

We shall see. Right now I need to recover from the deficit incurred
by the last week and a half of Oscar-related trauma.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old July 13th 06, 12:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

On 2006-07-12, jmcquown penned:

Save up your money and get one of those pet strollers from Drs
Foster & Smith I saw a woman pushing one around at the last art
show in Kansas; puppies, not cats. They seemed quite content to
ride around in it!

We shall see. Right now I need to recover from the deficit incurred
by the last week and a half of Oscar-related trauma.

I'm very happy Oscar is okay. Purrs continue for the little girl

Jill

Old July 14th 06, 04:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2006-07-12, jmcquown penned:

I'm very happy Oscar is okay. Purrs continue for the little girl

Her digestive seems to be on the mend, although not fully recovered.
Tomorrow we will take a close look at her paw and anticipate trying
her without an e collar for a while. See if she licks the paw just a
few times, then moves on, or if it is still a "lick till it hurts"
kind of thing.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully