I Remember You, My Four-Footed Husband

Old April 7th 09, 02:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shiral[_2_]

Default I Remember You, My Four-Footed Husband

Darling Pan, three years ago, we said farewell on this plane of
existence. You were eighteen, so thin and tired, and your poor
kidneys no longer worked. You told me it was time to let you go in
the clearest way a cat can. And your thin little body collapsed in my
arms before all the pink death had been pumped into your veins.

But I've never forgotten the bold black kitten who chose ME by
climbing into my lap, and starting to purr and wash my face. Or the
handsome, sleek boy who energetically sprinted through the apartment
almost banking around the turns on his daily workouts, or who would
trot down the concrete path outside the apartment as if he had a
breakfast date in San Francisco. Or the old sweetie pie who draped
himself over my shoulders and purred in my ear like a living fur
stole in your later years.

You are gone, but never forgotten. I hope you and Izzy now share a
sunny windowsill for a nap on the far side of the bridge. Rest
assured, Nina and Francesca are doing an excellent job of looking
after me.

Melissa
Old April 7th 09, 02:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Shiral wrote:

[...]

Beautiful! I love how you've described his many different aspects,
at different ages. He was a special cat.

LOL about the breakfast date. Cats do like to trot around like
they're up to Very Important Business.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old April 7th 09, 02:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

wrote in message
Shiral wrote:

[...]

This made me cry. So much like me and my boy. Purrs.

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old April 7th 09, 03:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_2_]

"Kreisleriana"

bastXXXette
Shiral
[...]

It made me cry too. So much like me and Big Bart Purrs

Kyla

Old April 7th 09, 05:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Shiral wrote:
gentle snip

You are gone, but never forgotten. I hope you and Izzy now share a
sunny windowsill for a nap on the far side of the bridge. Rest
assured, Nina and Francesca are doing an excellent job of looking
after me.

{{{Melissa}}}

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old April 7th 09, 08:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Shiral" wrote in message
[...]

((((((((Melissa)))))))))

Joy, with tears in my eyes, remembering Nanki-Poo (and Lindy, of course)

Old April 9th 09, 03:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shiral[_2_]

On Apr 7, 1:27*pm, Judith Latham wrote:
In article
,
* *Shiral wrote:

[...]

what a lovely tribute.

Judith

--
Judith Latham
Stourbridge, West Midlands. UK.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks, Everyone. Pan was a cat in a million, and he definitely chose
ME that long ago day at the animal shelter. Can't forget those big
Siamese ears or that piercing Siamese voice, even if he didn't have
the Siamese markings. As far as he was concerned, he was my husband. I
miss him, but the sadness is bearable now. Hugs to all of you who have
had to bid farewell to a beloved cat or cats also. They do set a deep
pawprint in our hearts.

Melissa