Update on Squeekers

Old April 9th 09, 05:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
spot

Default Update on Squeekers

I took him to the vets today and this time he was running a fever. Of
course no known cause for it that we can find. So she gave me Baytril
for 5 days and we'll see how he does. He's lost 1/2 a pound in 3 weeks
he's down to 9.5lbs

Also tested him for feline leukemis, anemia,and something else I can't
remember right now. Everything came back perfectly ok.

Hopefully the antibiotic kicks what ever it is that's causing the fever
and he's feeling better. He was more willing to eat this evening when I
gave him some canned food so I think it's working. She gave me some
prescription food to give him it's even higher in calories than what I'm
giving him. He seems to like it I mixed it with about 1/3 of a can of
Fancy Feast.

The only thing left to do is to have that tooth removed. She told me
she can't believe that this one tooth is causing all the problems he's
having. If it were a whole mouth full of bad teeth yes but not one. At
this point I'm ready to have it removed maybe it's causing much more
pain than we realize and he's not eating as much as he should. She
agrees with me on having it removed to see if it helps some. He was
always a big eater when he was young I just attributed his appetite
slowing down as his metabolism did as he got older. It's just the last
6 months that he's dropped a lot of weight.

Here's hoping he's doing much better by Monday.

Celeste
Old April 9th 09, 06:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

spot wrote:
[...]

It sounds like he is doing a little better already. Purrs continuing,
especially for the dental.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old April 9th 09, 08:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"spot" wrote in message
[...]

I assume he was tested for thyroid problems?

Purrs continue.

Joy

Old April 9th 09, 10:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

spot wrote:
[...]

Continuing purrs for Squeekers.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old April 9th 09, 12:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Chris H[_2_]

Purrs for the medicine to work quickly and knock out whatever
is causing the fever!

Has TED tested for thyroid problems?

Purrs for fast improvement!

Chris, Katie, Hazard and Oreo
(In loving memory of Tripper)

Old April 9th 09, 01:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine Burel[_2_]

Location: Albuquerque, NM, USA

Many purrs for Spot coming from my four - Midnight, Tucker, Robin & Oreo.
I had an older cat, Shetra (RB), for whom a dental made a huge (!)
difference. He had stopped eating much and was getting very thin and didn't
seem to be interested in his food but when they went in they found one tooth
that was causing all his pain and taking it out resolved everything and he
was back to himself and eating almost immediately afterwards. Just hope
this holds out some encouragement for you. Will be thinking of you both.
Christine

Old April 9th 09, 08:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

you beat me to it Joys

Thyroid is not a normal thing tested

but purrs in route

Old April 9th 09, 11:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

spot wrote:

[...]

Purrs for him to get better soon! It does seem like he has an
infection, so I hope the antibiotic gets rid of it.

--
Joyce ^..^