OT Thunderbird Problems?

Old April 10th 09, 01:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lucys Mom[_2_]

Default OT Thunderbird Problems?

Please if anyone knows anything about Thunderbird could you give me a
hand? Every message prior to Sunday has disappeared. I've obviously
managed to do something bad, but I can't figure out what.

Any ideas anyone?

--Eric, Kim and the New Chigger Ranch Crew
Old April 10th 09, 09:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine BA

Lucys Mom kirjoitti:
Please if anyone knows anything about Thunderbird could you give me a
hand? Every message prior to Sunday has disappeared. I've obviously
managed to do something bad, but I can't figure out what.

Any ideas anyone?

--Eric, Kim and the New Chigger Ranch Crew

I would suspect that your newsgroup provider might have done something
and not you with t-bird. I have the settings at "show threads with
unread", so I don't get a huge heap of old messages with nothing new in
them. If I want to see the old ones, I have to tweak the settings
temporarily.
You may want to check your t-bird settings - what you have chosen for it
to show, as well as the settings for the news account - for how long it
stores read messages.
If you think it's you who have inadvertently deleted the messages, you
can unsubscribe and re-subscribe to the ng, download all the messages
and mark them read as far as you want, then tweak the settings as you
want them.

--
Christine in Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com