Dmitri Update

Old September 30th 10, 06:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shiral[_2_]

Default Dmitri Update

Hello everyone,

Since I've had him nearly two months now, i thought it was about time
I posted a Dmitri update. I've added 18 new pictures of him and of
Francesca to my online photo album:

http://picasaweb.google.com/handfire.houle4/Dmitri#

He's growing fast, and is always interested in his meals. I have to
shut him in the bedroom while I''m eating because he has no shame
about trying to help me eat my lunch or dinner, or breakfast or ____.
I think he'll be a big boy when he's all grown up, he has very long
legs, and has grown exponentially in the last two months. He's sweet,
cuddly, rambunctious, affectionate, views almost anything as a toy,
and has a very sonorous purr. His affection is remarkable, although a
little difficult to cope with in the hot weather we've been having.
It's like snuggling up with a furry baked potato warm from the oven. A
furry baked potato with claws, no less. It's a little hard to do my
artwork with him around as either he wants to 'help' by swatting at my
paintbrushes with occasionally disastrous results, or he lies down ON
the painting.

But he is a wonderful, lively addition to the household. He and
Francesca are working out their relationship. She puts up with a lot
from him.... until she won't. (Every now and then, she gives me this
exasperated look as if to say "you HAD to bring this uber-brat home to
live with us, didn't you? We were doing FINE without him, you know!"
Amid the growls and swats, there are the nose touches and the naps
taken together, and the occasional mutual grooming session.

Melissa
Old September 30th 10, 07:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Shiral wrote:
[...]

It sounds like all is right with the world. Best wishes. MLB
Old September 30th 10, 07:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Shiral wrote:

Hello everyone,

Since I've had him nearly two months now, i thought it was about time
I posted a Dmitri update. I've added 18 new pictures of him and of
Francesca to my online photo album:

http://picasaweb.google.com/handfire.houle4/Dmitri#

Awwww, those pictures are wonderful! So many cute ones! And I see what
you mean about Francesca's exasperated expressions. But the series
ends on a lovely note, with the two of them sprawled out together on the
bed.

It's a little hard to do my
artwork with him around as either he wants to 'help' by swatting at my
paintbrushes with occasionally disastrous results, or he lies down ON
the painting.

He's probably just read the book "Why Cats Paint", and now he has big
ambitions.

But he is a wonderful, lively addition to the household. He and
Francesca are working out their relationship. She puts up with a lot
from him.... until she won't. (Every now and then, she gives me this
exasperated look as if to say "you HAD to bring this uber-brat home to
live with us, didn't you? We were doing FINE without him, you know!"
Amid the growls and swats, there are the nose touches and the naps
taken together, and the occasional mutual grooming session.

Sounds like it's working out very nicely!

Joyce

--
I want freedom, the right to self expression, everyone's right to
beautiful radiant things. -- Emma Goldman
Old September 30th 10, 10:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Shiral wrote:
But he is a wonderful, lively addition to the household. He and
Francesca are working out their relationship. She puts up with a lot
from him.... until she won't. (Every now and then, she gives me this
exasperated look as if to say "you HAD to bring this uber-brat home to
live with us, didn't you? We were doing FINE without him, you know!"
Amid the growls and swats, there are the nose touches and the naps
taken together, and the occasional mutual grooming session.

I was thinking about asking about him. He certainly *looks* very busy
in the pictures you put up!
Old October 1st 10, 05:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Shiral wrote:
[...]

Nice pictures.

--
Adrian (Owned by Bagheera & Shadow)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart
Old October 8th 10, 02:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shiral[_2_]

On Sep 30, 2:28*pm, Takayuki wrote:
Shiral wrote:
But he is a wonderful, lively addition to the household. *He and
Francesca are working out their relationship. She puts up with a lot
from him.... until she won't. (Every now and then, she gives me this
exasperated look as if to say "you HAD to bring this uber-brat home to
live with us, didn't you? We were doing FINE without him, you know!"
Amid the growls and swats, there are the nose touches and the naps
taken together, and the occasional mutual grooming session.

I was thinking about asking about him. He certainly *looks* very busy
in the pictures you put up!

Oh yes, Dmitri is a very busy boy. There's balls to bat, insects to
chase, Francesca to pester, laps to occupy and windows that must be
looked out of! If it's not bigger than he is, red, hot edible or
nailed down, it's probably a toy. And its play potential must be
investigated thoroughly.

Two weeks ago, I bought a bottle of wine--not a regular occurence at
my house at all, and he prompty made off with the cork. In the
morning, I often find he's put it "to bed" inside one or other of my
shoes. Cork Hockey on the kitchen floor in the wee hours of the
morning is great fun, you know!

Melissa
Old October 8th 10, 11:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Shiral wrote:

Oh yes, Dmitri is a very busy boy. There's balls to bat, insects to
chase, Francesca to pester, laps to occupy and windows that must be
looked out of! If it's not bigger than he is, red, hot edible or
nailed down, it's probably a toy. And its play potential must be
investigated thoroughly.

Two weeks ago, I bought a bottle of wine--not a regular occurence at
my house at all, and he prompty made off with the cork. In the
morning, I often find he's put it "to bed" inside one or other of my
shoes.

Aww, that just strikes me as really cute. I know cats like to stash
their possessions, but usually the humans don't find the stash unless
it's moving day or they've bought a new fridge or other large household
item.

Joyce

Melissa

--
Basically, I feel like the food industry is making us fat so the diet
industry can make us thin. -- Janet
Old October 9th 10, 03:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Shiral wrote:
[...]

I suspect he'll always be kittenish. His habits remind me of Buster,
who also must investigate and play with everything, even if it's
something that he's seen countless times before, or obviously can't be
played with.

Right now, for example, he's completely fascinated by the Dell logo on
one of the laptops, and he's busily whapping it.

And Dot is one of the most curious cats I know, and she (and RB Betty)
turned 11 last month.
Old October 10th 10, 06:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shiral[_2_]

Shiral wrote:
[...]

Dmitri loves to watch the cursor move around on the screen. I have to
keep a constant eye on him to make sure he doesn't hurt the screen. Or
himself. =o)

Right now, for example, he's completely fascinated by the Dell logo on
one of the laptops, and he's busily whapping it.

And Dot is one of the most curious cats I know, and she (and RB Betty)
turned 11 last month.- Hide quoted text -

Oh yes, curiousity. Closets and cabinets are big on Dmitri's agenda.
He hears a door open and he's on the scene to go right in and
investigate the wonderful world of coats, grocery bags, cooking pans
etc etc He's sure I'm keepping the good stuff away from him on
purpose. I just don't want to shut him in any cabinet by accident.
That happened to Nina, once. She was fine, and it only lasted half an
hour or so, but it was lucky I heard her mew to let me know I'd shut
her in with my cake pans and mixing bowls. Dmitri wants to
investigate EVERYTHING. One night, he saw some newspapers on the
living room floor, and I guess they looked strange to him, as he
advanced very slowly with his tail all puffed up. Then he had the
most wonderful time attacking them.

Melissa